• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do Glitch Pokemon Count as Real Pokemon?

Do Glitch Pokemon Count as Real Pokemon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
Well, pretty self explanatory, do they? They take up space in your party, they can battle, I think glitch Pokemon classify as Pokemon in the looset definition.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
No, they shouldn't. How many people are walking around with glitch pokemon anyway? When Missingno. appears in the National Dex, then I'll say yes.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I don't think that they should count, because they aren't in the Pokedex, and Gamefreak didn't create them intentionally.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
depend on what you mean on Glitch Pokémon. If you mean using a glitch Mew in pokémon red then yes it counts a real pokémon, since Mew is part of Pokédex.

If you mean missingno as a real pokémon then no, as it is just data and isn't part of the Pokédex.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
depend on what you mean on Glitch Pokémon. If you mean using a glitch Mew in pokémon red then yes it counts a real pokémon, since Mew is part of Pokédex.

If you mean missingno as a real pokémon then no, as it is just data and isn't part of the Pokédex.
Yeah, I was referring to MissingNo, pokemon that only exist through glitches.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Yeah, I was referring to MissingNo, pokemon that only exist through glitches.

In that case then no, glitch pokémon don't behave in the same manner as regular pokémon.

Furthermore as each generation comes round, all of the existing pokémon are still part of the pokémon and can be used in the game. Glitch pokémon however do not get carried forward.

Earthia100

Glitch Pokemon are merely tears in the Fabric of the Game encoding. They often masquerade as real Pokemon, yet their only true purpose is "placeholder" that was forgotten by the programmers and stumbled upon by you, the trainer. And as if by cruel fate your hall of fame data is scrambled. Tis' a true tragedy. :'(

Profesco

gone gently
Gamefreak didn't create them intentionally.

There's the answer. Glitches in game programming are not Pokemon.

Please use the Pokemon Questions thread next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.