• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

do i am a cheater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkside

look a portkey!
no it's only cheating in my book if you use and non nintendo product on your game (aka gs/ar) but ubers are kind of unfair if the opponent has none
EDIT: do i am a cheater? WTF?

davidone10

The new tuxedo look!
You're not a cheater, you're just cheap if your opponenet doesn't have one.

Mongoose

Steel Trainer
It's not cheating, cheap, lame or unfair. You're opponent has just as much chance to catch and use a legendary as you. It's their own fault if they lose cause they dont use ubers and you do.

JONNO.FRESH

To some people yes but to others no. Its all up to what you do i guess

master power kirby

<(^.^)> It's Kirby!
I don't think it is cheating but when you have that much power and
you can beat anything in one move the game can become dul so you
should use a team of ordinary and even weaker so that matches
go on for longer

Jason

youre not a cheatser and if you catch a legendery pokemon withous tricks then you should be proud of yourself

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
No, you're not a cheater because a cheater uses ar/gs to obtain pokemon. Using ubers does not make you a cheater.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
He should not be smacked, actually, no matter how many ubers are in his team. If your opponent has just as much chance of filling their team up with legendaries as you do, they can't blame the legendaries for you winning.

So, to sum it up - Ubers/Legendaries are completely fair. Why else would they put them in the game? To let them rot in the PC? No.

MoloMowChow

Purveyor of 1337n355
Using legendary monsters do not make you cheap/lame/cheater or whatever form of insult they throw at you. They probably don't have legendaries/all the legendaries of their own, so they are agressive on you.

Too bad Battle Frontier doesn't agree...i hate that place SOOO much...

blazingjirachi

oblivion weilder
thats nit cheating i use, latias suicune ans raikou, and my freinds use raquaza,groundon and latios

Argento

Sic Transit Gloria
Uggh. This thread frustrates me. Okay, the reason why I said using ubers/legendaries is lame is basically because if you're competing, it completely ruins the metagame. Let's say my team was Chimecho, Charizard, and Jolteon, and you had a team with Mewtwo, Ho-oh, and Raikou. Assuming that you're NOT a total retard, the difference in stats is so staggering you almost automatically win. If everyone used ubers, that would eliminate a good 90+% of the Pokemon in the game, taking out the strategy and variety of battles. Setting simple ground rules like no ubers at the very least (I don't mind legendaries as much, because regular Pokemon can take down legendaries) essentially makes the game not only a lot more fair, but a lot more diverse between player to player, and opens a lot more room for strategy and uniqueness. I'd rather not participate in the game when everyone uses Mewtwo/Groudon/Kyogre/Dialga/Palkia/Ho-oh as their team. I'd rather be able to differentiate myself from my opponents.

And...honestly, saying that people are trying to insult you guys because they CAN'T catch legendaries is pretty stupid. It's pretty easy, for one, and typically the ones who oppose the use of legendaries are skilled enough at the game to not want to rely on them for use.

Status
Not open for further replies.