• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do I Hear A Ralts? (386)

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Well, all i can say...is this episode is AWESOME overall the episode i've watched...I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH IT...even if i hate pokemon on day (which i won't...Lol)...i will watch this episode at least...

This episode...had my favourite evoulition chain of pokemon...the Ralts, and family...it was sweet, cool, and nice...

this episode earns a 10/10...and all others aren't even close...

wobbanut

Team Awesome
The Big Al said:
Yet another popper, great :rolleyes:. It's not good because what if that happens when Ash is in a battle and he seriously doesn't need him around. I still don't know people love that gag.

I love the popout gag! It's good for all sorts of different reasons. For Psyduck, it meant that he really loves Misty and wants to do the best he can for her, even though he's not very useful most of the time. For Wobbuffet, it shows that he loves being part of the team, a sort of cheerleader for Team Rocket, even though he's rarely used in battle (I know in the last new episode, it was the first time he used counter in three years!). For Skitty and Chimecho, it makes them so cute. :) I love the so-called "uncooperative" pokemon like them.

It'll be interesting to see what Snorunt contributes. The fact that Charizard was also "uncooperative", never listening to Ash but never popping out of his pokeball, compared to the other pokemon, says a lot about him for me.

W

Wing

Don't forget Lotad. He was a bit... 'off' when Brock first caught him. :p

Anyway. Looking at the pics, and reading this thread, I think this is gonna be a very good episode, I can't wait until it comes over to U.S. shores....in about a year. (The current U.S. season ends after Referee School Island, right? How long is it from here to there, and from there to this episode?)

And a small request. Could someone possibly tell me what the exchanges between Gardevoir, Kirlia and Max were about?

G

Goin' Graveler

Cacnea used Needle Arm? Eh? Was that the big explosion thingy-attack we saw in the preview?

I wish I could see that ep soon, but we're only at, like, A Meditite Fight here. So looooong....

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Wing said:
I can't wait until it comes over to U.S. shores....in about a year. (The current U.S. season ends after Referee School Island, right? How long is it from here to there, and from there to this episode?)
Yes since Pokemon Advanced Challenge last episode is The Referee School Island. From whenever the U.S. see's Taking the Lombre home we will have 47 episodes from that episode to Rescue Ralts! Hurry Max!. BTW i live in the U.S. and did simple math to find out how many episodes we have left.

V Faction

www.faction.com
This episode just SCREAMS "Hey look! We're going to show off the new attack effects left and right!"

How freakin' awesome.

Ninetalesuk

Cascade Trainer
It's an amazing episode. They should keep it up on the Pokedex of Meowth so Ash and his friends can wise up to Team Rockets tricks after 385 episodes... discluding the first episode and the ones that didn't had them use disguses...

A

Alakazam

Best Episode Ever, with looks to pictures. Then again, I said the same about I Feel Skitty, so meh :3. A good debut for Ralts, and it's about time Max got a go. Yay for Max! 10/10 for this episode.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
All I can say is that I'm VERY relieved that this episode gave Masato a chance to show off his character and connect with a pokémon in a more meaningful way compared to the others he's befriended. In all honesty, I was quite worried that the writers would make a less than satisfying job out of this episode, reducing it to a bland, mediocre, boredom-fest. But they didn't, and I'm quite impressed with thier efforts.
I'm very happy with how this episode turned out, and I hope that future Masato-based episodes follow the trend of actually bringing out his character as well as making the story-line interesting. They can accomplish that with this episode, so they can do it in future episodes. Hopefully we'll have a little more focus on Masato in the future. This episode certainly restored my confidence in the writers when it comes down to bringing life to the characters~

And of course, a lot of other events, namely Team Rocket pulling off an impressive battle, their disguises (you HAVE to love Jessie in that outfit) and the fact that this episode featured one of the better pokémon evo-lines made this all the more entertaining.
I also like the idea of Ralts having an actual 'speaking' voice of sorts when communicating telepathicly. Unfortunatly, I guess that means its voice will be dubbed over, ne? ^^; I hope 4Kids manage to do as good a job with Ralts as they did with Larvitar~

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-This ep. ROCKED.
-Haha, Ash dexed Meowth. Awesome! I wonder what would have happened if he'd dexed Jessie...
-The scene where Ralts and Max parted was highly emotional. So...that high voice heard near the end after Max was thinking something(the promise?) was Ralts(it sure wasn't Max's voice!)?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I think they did and it got no data.

Geodude

Goin' Graveler said:
Cacnea used Needle Arm? Eh? Was that the big explosion thingy-attack we saw in the preview?

So what? Cacnea's used Needle Arm in the dub several times already, that's nothing new. -_- And no, that wasn't the new-looking attack, that was Pin Missile.

Al: No, Jessie was not Dexed. But yeah that would've likely been the result if she had.

Pokeballs

Custom Torkoal 01
did Wobbuffet use Mirror Coat against Snorunt's Icy Wind? It looks like he made a whole forcefield around them :p i'm loving the new look for the attacks

R

ronster486

It looks like in the end of this epsiode Max wants to keep Ralts but he can't. He is underage to own pokemon, right?

Geodude

ronster486 said:
It looks like in the end of this epsiode Max wants to keep Ralts but he can't. He is underage to own pokemon, right?

*sigh* Absolutely not. I can't believe how many people have asked this question or assumed this theory, despite the countless kids under 10 we've seen with Pokemon in the anime. I'll say it yet again:

Kids under 10 CAN have Pokemon, but are not officially recognized trainers, and therefore can't challenge gyms. Max doesn't want to start training until he can make it official.

Looper Bone

Loop. Loop. Loop.
This was one the best Hoenn episodes I've seen. The battle with Team Rocket was actually great to watch, not to mention they actually had the upperhand. The Max and Ralts story was really great. I just wish the ending was changed. I know it would'nt seem right for Max to get a pokemon now but there's also no way we'll see Max with Ralts ever again. There's no reason for the writers to bring the group back there. The only way we'll see Max with Ralts again is if they pull a Digimon season 2 ending where they flash ahead some years where they are all older. But I doubt they'll do that.

Overall, excellent episode. 9.8/10