• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do I Hear A Ralts? (386)

G

Goin' Graveler

Now I'm just longing to see this ep. I want to see TR get an advantage for once.

Btw, what Pokemon did the gang use? I'm guessing at least Snorunt and maybe Pikachu, but how bout' May/Brock?

Geodude

Ash: Pikachu, Snorunt (but only because Snorunt had popped out of its ball on its own already)
May: Combusken
Brock: Ludicolo

I'm going to skip ahead and do the guide for this ep tomorrow afternoon sometime, so expect it soon.

it was the first time he used counter in three years

hmm... not really.

in one episode before may's forth contest episode (where she used bulba), wobby used mirror coat (3 of them). and it even used it last episode where ash caught snorunt.

A

Abusoru

So many opinions about this episode o_O My opinion won`t be so original.
This episode is really great! I see, friendship bewteen Ralts and Max was really deep. It reminds me a friendship between him and Jirachi.
Team Rocket finally had a really good fight! I`m glad. Their pokemon weren`t so weak this time.
A part with dying Ralts and crying Masato was really sad :(

Masato is a really very sensitive boy. He really loves pokemon and he would be a great pokemon master in future.

Abusoru said:
So many opinions about this episode o_O My opinion won`t be so original.
This episode is really great! I see, friendship bewteen Ralts and Max was really deep. It reminds me a friendship between him and Jirachi.
Team Rocket finally had a really good fight! I`m glad. Their pokemon weren`t so weak this time.
A part with dying Ralts and crying Masato was really sad :(

Masato is a really very sensitive boy. He really loves pokemon and he would be a great pokemon master in future.

why did you switch between his english and japenese name? this ep looks cool anyway! on pokemon i like sad clips like that they are so nice i cried when togetic left misty and sonic x also do alot of sad moments!

T

topaz

Did you noticed that the ending song has ben changed and also the singrt I think><

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
...didn't Max mention something about Gardevoir & Kirlia being Ralts' nakama when he first saw them?(nakama means something like "comrade" or "friend", but I prefer leaving it as nakama, since that has more meaning IMO) Or was that somehow used in the "oh you're the evos of Ralts" context? Or am I being too nitpicky?

The guide was good, aside from that. I'm still not used to seeing Ralts' eyes, though. Hmm, Kojirou(James) used the name "Kojirodor" as a disguise name? How...uncreative...

Geodude

Actually it was Kojirondar or, more specifically Gentleman Kojirondar. I predict he'll be Jameson in the dub.

Nakama? Not sure, I'd have to watch that scene again, but yeah, it did seem like that Kirlia and Gardevoir were its friends or family.

Sequoia

waa?! i missed that ep!! i better go and read it now...ok, done! so, IS Max going to come back for teh Ralts??

Note to myself: still have to find ralts in my game

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I hope to god they don't change any of the sound effects in the dub, the music was amazing! This includes some top draw battle themes, like the original trainer battle music from kanto, of course don't forgot due to the nature of the episode there were some slower, lyrical themes as well.

After what Max did for Ralts, I'd hope it would have the courtesy to meet up with him again once he's a trainer, but of course, they say these things all the time and more often that not it isn't the outcome.

Chris

Old Coot
stuarthillman said:
cool! but he won't because they always say stuff like kurt i will come back for the gs ball soon and never do!
Oh come on. Do you really expect Satoshi to just drop everything and go all the way back to Johto to see if a ball's ready? He could simply CALL to check. He doesn't need to go back. Plus Masato's not like Satoshi. He sticks to his word all the time exactly as he says he will.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
stuarthillman said:
cool! but he won't because they always say stuff like kurt i will come back for the gs ball soon and never do!
Bad example. Ash never did say he'd be back for the GS Ball. He left it with Kurt, who said he needed more time. All Ash did was have Kurt promise to call Oak if he found anything out.
Kurt did invite Ash to stop by on the way back to Pallet Town, but failing to do so when it would have meant going far out of his way hardly counts as lying or breaking a promise.

In case you didn't notice, we already had the discussion of whether Max is likely to keep the promise. Check page 2.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
I just got around to watching this episode. My thoughts, in no particular order:

-Wow, did the show get new background artists? The backgrounds were quite good (like the last episode), and the forest looked like it would have fit right in with the fourth movie's forest.

-This episode's Boss Fantasy = best Boss fantasy ever. I'm avataring that picture of scared Sakaki.

-When was the last time the Rocket-Dan put up a fight THIS good!? I swear, if they fought like this all the time, they'd get a lot more done. The battle animation and directing was really good as well.

-Loved the gag with Kojirou ducking from Sabonea. 'Bout time.

All in all, it was a very good episode. I hope Masato comes back for Ralts someday.

G

Geodudester 12055

Max doesn't catch Ralts BUT, Max vows to come back for Ralts when he is ready

Edward Elric said:
Oh come on. Do you really expect Satoshi to just drop everything and go all the way back to Johto to see if a ball's ready? He could simply CALL to check. He doesn't need to go back. Plus Masato's not like Satoshi. He sticks to his word all the time exactly as he says he will.

yeah but he didn't even do that!

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
stuarthillman said:
yeah but he didn't even do that!
First, we don't know if he did that. Most of the characters' communication takes place offscreen. And second, I don't recall him saying he would.

And you still haven't touched on the fact that Masato keeps his promises.