• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do I Hear A Ralts? (386)

Heracross

Custom User Title
The thing I noticed the most about this episode is that TR were cooler than usual. Rather than getting blasted off after their first encounter with Satoshi-tachi, they actually gave a good fight. Awesome battle music there btw. And it was really cool how the mist from Yukiwarashi's icy wind cleared and they were just standing there unscathed with Sonansu in front. I also liked the version of their theme that was used a couple times in the episode. Anyways, aside from TR, it was touching to see how Masato cared so much about Ralts, and it was neat how Yukiwarashi followed Masato and helped him out along the way. I also noticed that the background artists did a very good job in this episode, the forest looked just...wow.

F

Flying Tropius

ralts/kirlia/gardevior are my favorite and cutest phsyics

M

Mister-Missingno.

The show's not in the US yet, but at least I can look at the pics. Awesome, and I'll watch it when it comes out, almost exactly...*counts* Christmas Eve!?!?!?! Well, I can look at the episode pics until then. That, and the unlimited possibilities of a(n) (insert Ralts evolution)/Older Max shipping somewhere in the near future. ^_^ Oh, and I'm a newbie here. Felt like stretching my Gardevoir loveness somewhere, and I'm like, "IGN's Pokemon board is dropping, so why not here?" And zip, now I'm here.

Aptenodytes

i havent seen the episode yet but im sure i will love it! too bad max didnt get to keep the ralts, wouldve been cool if some person in ash's group had a psychic pokemon..... im glad to see gardivior finally showing on an episode, but doesnt look like she/he's on for too long....

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
This was the best ep...:D

i loved Ralts voice...but i wish Gardevoir had more of a women voice...then some old women on the street voice...

but nice to see them all...

i only wish that Ralts was max...oh well

but an emotional ep...that i can never forget...i felt like crying during the last part...

Kirlia (Meowth) was funny..when the pokedex came up...that scene was one of the best comedy ones of Advance Generation

9.9/10 EXCELLENT .1 deduction for not allowing Max to get Ralts

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

Ralts... talks?! And the Linonne from the PAB Trainer's Choice thing (I forgot what it's called now) sounded like a stereotypical teenager. Other than that, it was cool.

I missed the first part of the episode, but I also like the bond between Max and Ralts. The narrator said something like, "Both Ralts and Max know that they will see each other again." Yet Ash said the same thing to a countless number of people and most of them never came back. Oh well, maybe Max could be more likely to keep his promise than Ash, but with these writers, you never know...

Zabi

Not really here.
Great Episode! I started to cry a bit when Max has to leave Ralts. I didn't like Ralts's human voice when it talked. but anyway, 10/10

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Although we'll never see Ralts again (continuity? Ha!) it was a good episode. I am slightly annoyed that we didn't see Gardevoir do much, why did the writers shaft such a great line of Psychic Pokemon?

Back in early Hoenn I always wanted May with a Kirlia, but that never happened. The animation was top notch in this episode, the forest was actually detailed for once besides them using the same generic backround. Team Rocket also put up a pretty decent fight this time. The voices for Gardevoir and Kirlia was pretty much what I imagined. Snorunt freezing Ash's hat and Max's glasses was funny too.

Well this fills Max's quota for the last 3 months of having an episode to himself. I guess the writers remembered he exists right?

R

~*Ratiosu*~

sCiZoR said:
Not since "Charizard's blazing ambition" have I teared up during an episode.

Me too! I was full-out crying...it was kinda weird how Ralts's voice came in the end in human words...but Ralts is a psychic Pokemon and it seemed like a good way to end it. I didn't notice Garedvoir's voice was so spooky..but it doesn't exactly matter. But I was crying...especially the part where Ralts didn't want to leave him, and the part where Gardevoir and Kirlia were ready to attack Masato...

Champion Jared 14

This was such an emotional and touching episode. I really hope max gets ralts someday. The animation was indeed excellent in this one. Team Rocket was actually quite threatening in the beginning. I don't know about their Gardevoir and Kirlia costumes. The trainer's chice was a good question this time. They couldn't have gotten it wrong.

V Faction

www.faction.com
No one faults this episode, got that?

No "Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir's voices sucked!"

No "He's never coming back for Ralts!"

No "The TC was lame and so was Linoone's voice!"

No "That song they made sounded awful!"

PDL

disenchanted
this episode was indeed emotional, especially that song part...

for some reason, in some parts of the episode, the audio was a bit distorted, even though it's only minor, it kinda got to me...

and I agree that the Ralts line needs to be showcased more, but they were awesome in this one episode...

I missed the first ten minutes of this because I slept in ._., but then my sister just ambled in right after the TC, so I missed another five minutes. What a shame to miss so much of such a great episode. Regardless, what I did get to see was excellent.

The song they played when Max and Snorunt were rushing Ralts to the Pokémon Center was extraordinarily cool, IMO :D

Interesting to hear Ralts speak English, I didn't expect that :eek:

Jessie and Meowth actually looked cool like Gardevoir and Kirlia. It was good to see Max and the gang see through their disguise at the end.

Speaking of the end, I found James blasting off separately and them both noting the fact hilarious XD

At first, I thought Snorunt had something else than Ralts's welfare on its mind when it rushed off into the bushes. Would've been amusing, but I'm actually glad it cared so much for Ralts ^^

Wow, the TR vs. gang battle was excellent. Great animation, and it was more than the usual attack volley and then blast-off.

As if the plot wasn't good enough, it had to focus around Max. I'd have loved this if it were focused around any of the other three(even someone from TR: Can't you just see James taking Ralts to the Center and Ash and co. thing that he stole it? XD). But Max-based episodes get an instant yes from me, because there are so very little of them.

Pin Missile's makeover was quite cool, and Dustox in action was excellent. In fact, I think every one of TR's Pokémon had a role in this episode :eek:. Well, except Meowth, of course, but does he ever?

And also lol at the Pokédex identifying "Kirlia" as Meowth. I wish Ash had tried "Gardevoir" first XD

Overall rating:
10 out of 10
I can't find anything wrong with this episode, frankly. So what if Ralts didn't come with Max, it doesn't detract from the emotional impact whatsoever.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

V Faction

www.faction.com
~Toad~ said:
Yeah, that song made me embarrsed to watch this show. :p I like how they made Cacnea's pin missile now...
News flash: You're watching the Pokemon Anime.

Welcome to Embarassmentville! Population: One very confused toad.

Encyclopika

The Queen
The animation was top notch says I. Amazing ending!
TR trying to act like Gardevior and Kirlia was funny...and ZOMG...the twerps didn't fall for it. XP
I thought it was so cute - the Max and Snorunt team. *squeal*
Only Ralts' voice I wasn't expecting out of the three, but it wasn't bad at all, just different.
I thought it was kind of a scam that Max couldn't keep Ralts, but I guess this episode really showed the beauty of unselfishness. Which is great. ^^
Overall I give it 9.7/10. One I would watch again. ^^

Rex Kamex

V Faction said:
News flash: You're watching the Pokemon Anime.

Specifically, the Pokemon dub anime.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I thought this episode was good. The ending was very touching. I REALLY expected Gardevoir to have a more graceful and feminine voice. Snorunt was pretty cute in this episode. TR actually put up a decent fight for once. Finally, a Meowth boss fantasy. This 1 was gut-bustingly hilarious (I mean, why would random thugs wanna rob Giovanni?) Mewoth getting dexed was funny as well as James ducking when Cacnea tried to hug him. There was also several quotes I found hilarious:
1. <after Meowth gets dexed> Meowth: "Hey! I don't sleep all day!"
2. <after Meowth gets dexed> Jesse to Meowth: "What! You can look for coins! (or something like that)
3. <after getting blasted off by Ralts> Jesse+Meowth: "Hey, why doesn't James get blasted off!?"
4. <after James gets blasted off by Kirlia and Gardevoir> James: "Don't worry guys, I'm right behind you!"

Last edited: