1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do I Hear A Ralts? (386)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Poké_Master

Poké_Master Indigo Champion

This episode was awesome! I particularly liked the song

2. PDL

PDL disenchanted

wonder when I'll see this episode again... now that they've got rid of Weekday airings, we might have to wait a long long time for it to air :\

3. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby The magic of Pokemon

O...M...G!

Wow!

Did anyone copy down the words to that song that played when Max was taking the Ralts to the Pokemon Center?

I almost cried when Ralts made its promise to Max at the end...and laughed whenever Snorunt popped up

Gardevoir looked and sounded beautiful in my eyes.

4. Kanto Trio

Kanto Trio Must Defeat Dent!

Well, I liked this episode. I found the episode to be emotional especially when Max had say goodbye to Ralts. Though I was not crying I did felt sad when that scene occured.

As for dislikes there was Gardevoir's voice. I thought it was way to low. I expected it to be high pitched like Kirlia's voice. Also, it sounded a bit creepy.

Overall, I give it a 9/10.

P.S.: Can anyone explain why Max was the only one to hear Ralts yell in the beginning.

5. Poké_Master

Poké_Master Indigo Champion

Here are the lyrics:

♪Who am I inside?
    The one who’ll cry
    Or is it the one that I hide?
    Time to decide
    It’s time I try
    And I won’t be denied
    It’s time for me to show you
    Now I know I’m gonna break through
    Please try to read my mind
    Then you’ll see
    Please then you’ll find me by
    The real me...
    Who am I inside?
    Read my mind♪

6. Infinite Master Sceptile

Infinite Master Sceptile Bow to Groucho

I really enjoyed this episode. I'll enjoy every episode with Snorunt in it. I love the little guy.
    This episode has huge emotional resonance. You know, there's real possibility in the idea of the show centering around Max after Ash beats the Diamond and Pearl League. Hopefully the writers will continue to show Max's emotional growth.
    Another thing is that Team Rocket owned in this episode. Dustox, Cacnea, Seviper, and Wobbuffet actually held their own against the twerps.
    All in all, a fabulous episode.
    9/10

7. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

Loved this episode. First time watching it I almost cried. I know it won't happen, but I want Max to go get Ralts like yesterday. :-\

8. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Has anyone besides me noticed that Brock now has the unhappy record of being beaten by ALL THREE Team Rocket members? Meowth beat Onix (with a little fudging) in "Who Gets to Keep Togepi", Cacnea beat Forretress (with some assistance) in "Cheer Pressure", and now Dustox beats Ludicolo (a completely legit win). That's probably something he wouldn't want to write home about. :D

This episode was AWESOME. Team Rocket were the biggest highlight for me, over and above, but Max's storyline with Ralts was beautiful too. I loved the new animation for the trees too.

HIGHLIGHTS:

-- Team Rocket's fight against Team Twerp. TOTALLY... FRICKIN'... AWESOME. :D :D :D Getting to see Wobbie and Chimie participate too was well worth it. Plus, the fact that Dustox won its battle against Ludicolo was the icing on the cake. :D And, Team Rocket got to be eeeevviiiillll. I loved it.
    -- Jessie strangling Meowth over never getting them coins was ROFLOL hilarious. :D
    -- Snorunt's really sweet in this episode.
    -- This was defininitely Max's best outing to date, better than "Stairway to Devon" and the sixth movie. I really loved how he was with ralts. I hope he does go back for ralts someday. I also really loved May in this episode and how she was with Max.
    -- It was nice seeing gardevoir, who's one of my favorite pokemon.

DISLIKES:

-- If there's one dislike, it's that I prefer the song in "A Scare to Remember" to the song in this episode. Still, it's pretty good.

10/10 for me.

9. Bling King

Bling King Doesn't post often

Likes: The animation was good, TR actually fought well, and Gardevoir wasn't portrayed like it was in Colosseum and XD.

Dislikes: Gardevoir's voice was too deep and it sounded weird saying its name, Kirlia's voice was too high and, like Gardevoir before it, it sounded weird saying its name. Finally, I hated the part where Max laid Ralts down and said that it needed to rest. It wasn't running and it needed to get to the pokemon center.

10. Lil Brother

Lil Brother Just kinda there.

Max is the only one in the group with big enough Q-tips, perhaps?

XP More likely Ralts was just calling out psychicly liked it did at the end. Max being the one to hear it was probably just chance.

11. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

Since Ralts was obviously calling telepathically, maybe it only had enough strength to call "loud enough" for one person to hear. And that person happened to be Max.

12. Am I the only one who DIDN'T hate Sirnights Voice? It sounded perfect to me..kinda like *wonders how he can put this...>_>* She had sort of a "Sexy-ish" tone in her voice...o-o?

*needs therepy*

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  13. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

I liked it. Kirlia, on the other hand, was awful.

14. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

Both of their voices sucked, because neither of them had any emotion at all. There was no sense of them feeling concern or anger, they just sounded like drones blurting their names. Which is quite ironic, if you consider their pokédex descriptions.
    Lillis' Jessie-voir voice >>>> the actual Gardevoir. For reals.

I actually really liked the way they handled the dub of this. I liked how they handled the music and the voice actors did a great job. They all need to be like this one says I.

15. Lupin

Lupin Legendary Pokémon Coordinator

Meh, it was alright

16. Pinky the Mew

Pinky the Mew I am a master!

Yet another sap story from pokemon. *sigh*

but I'm glad that ralts was telepahtic. I was thinking that when it becomes a Gardevoir it can hook up with Mewtwo. *Sneer* But how can you count on THOSE people to come up with ideas like that?.....NEVER!

Either way this is the best battle Iv'e seen since that other Johto episode when Team rocket Actually planned each move to out-smart Ash & Co. Very impressive that episode was.

But they used all their pokemon to their full potential. That's what I like seeing bad-guys that can put up a fight. Too bad I wont always see it that was such an eye-opener!

Gardevoir had the voice I fear and loathed....why could it just speak like Ralts...grrrrrrrr....

Oh, well.
    ;151;

17. MidnightScott

MidnightScott Super Gamer

Aww, that episode was cute. Yeah, Kirlia & Gardevoir's voices were fricken wierd sounding...I liked the singing though.

Jessie's nasty face was hilarious.

Also, the part where Ash pulled out the Dex and used it on "Kirlia" and said "Meowth - likes to sleep all day, and has the ability pickup (or was it Pay Day?)"

Meowth was ****** about that and it was funny.

Also the part where the Robbers came in after Giovanni and he put his hands on his face in that comical way was funny.

9/10 - very sad ending.

~Scott;229;

18. SugarFairy

SugarFairy I love Dara <3

I loved this epy! Gardevoirs voice reminded me of Lust from FMA. ^^;; A very sad ending.. I cried a tiny bit. But barely. I liked Ralts voice. I thought it was really funny after Meowth and Jessie blasted off and James was behind the bush, and Jessie and Meowth said (i dont remember well but..) how come James isnt blasting off with us?! and I dont remeber what happened to make him balst off but it was still funny! X3;;

19. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

TR were great, Snorunt was great, Max was great...

It's wierd how I read the guide, saw the pictures and thought this episode would suck. But it was one of the best episodes of the season. The best tearjerker episode ever.

20. This is the first episode that made me really sad since True Blue Swablu *sniffs*

Good Points:
    - Snorunt freezing Max's glasses was class.
    - Jessie makes a good Gardevoir.
    - Jessie's angry face was LOL.
    - Wow this was the first time Meowth was scanned on a Pokedex. Wierd huh?
    - And Meowth (as Kirlia) saying "What? I don't sleep all day!" Was hilarious.
    - I love the music that was playing when Max and Ralts (and Snorunt) were travelling to the Pokemon Centre.
    - The battle drawings were awesome! Psychic, Pin Needle, Fire Spin, Safeguard ect all looked really awesome in this episode. Even though thats how they usually looked I didn't really notice it until now, but they did look really awesome.
    - The ending was sooooo sad, I was about to cry but I didn't since my parents walked in the room, lol :p

Bad Points:
    - Kirila had a wierd voice, not as bad as some Pokemon's voices but it was still quite wierd. Gardevoir's was alright I guess, but Ralts was the best.

I would give it 10/10 but the voices kinda makes me give it 9.6 out of 10 but it's still one of my favourite episodes ^^;

I wish all the episodes were this great :p