• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do I Hear A Ralts? (386)

Tazzler

Does anyone know when/if this episode is playing again? I really wanted to see it, but I missed it.

Aptenodytes

Darn i missed this episode because i overslept!!!But from what i've read it will be a really great episode and it will be very emotional.

Thriller

Its almost time
As I watched this episodes I thought of three possibilities.

#1: The original animators wanted this episode to truly be a masterpiece and use their best animating team.

#2: Kids WB dulls out the colour of the episodes they air as a 'precaution'

#3: YTV brightens up the colour of the episodes because they have the money and want their viewers to be delighted at such a great picture.

I watched this episode on YTV today and I was stunned... The colours and quality was great, its like I was watching a more high budget movie.

Too bad I missed the first 10 minutes and couldn't see Ash Dexing Meowth.

All this time I pronounced Ralts R-a-lts, this episode told me Ralts rhimes with Waltz which explains the pun. I thought it was a pun on "Do I hear a rattle?" which didn't make sense to me.

Ralts: "Promise me Max, promise me you will come back for me." Exactly one second after Max promises, he breaks it. Max will NEVER EVER see Ralts again nor will he bother to acknowledge it. Sorry, thats just how the anime has been. We've had Ash do this stuff before so it won't suprise me it will happen with Max.

Churly Ryan said:
Ralts: "Promise me Max, promise me you will come back for me." Exactly one second after Max promises, he breaks it. Max will NEVER EVER see Ralts again nor will he bother to acknowledge it. Sorry, thats just how the anime has been. We've had Ash do this stuff before so it won't suprise me it will happen with Max.

If they ever kick Max off the show(actually possible, as May and Ash are too popular to leave(permanently, anyway), so it's between him and Brock), it's about as good an excuse as they can get. I'd go as far to say that this episode is foreshadowing Max's departure ;~;

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Churly Ryan said:
There's no reason for you to say that. Firstly the promise was for when Max was older, do you really think the anime will show details of Max's journey years from now? So long as the anime doesn't say it didn't happen, there is every reason to assume he keeps the promise.

Really, Ash's "promise breaking" to pokemon is completely OVERBLOWN! On the VERY rare occasions he's made them its for an indefinate "someday," basically a hope, not a promise. The only other one was for Pidgeot, and that was hardly a promise. It was more a desire if things worked out that way. Ash had no control over whether or not Pidgeot would be in the area when he was or even be available. Given the writers went to the trouble of Ash having a flashback to Pidgeot in a Johto episode, one must assume that no promise was broken.

Honestly I'm sick of hearing people say Ash broke all these promises and then acting like no character on the show keeps a promise. There has NEVER been an episode before where a promise like this one between Max and Ralts was made. And its not like its all dependant on Max. Being a Psychic type Ralts could find him without much trouble once it was ready to be with him.

Cobalt_Latios

I found this episode quite funny. And whats interesting(to me at least), is that for the first time in a very long time, they played the battle music all the way through(they have never done that for a while). The most unexpected thing was hearing Ralts telepathicly speak to Max. Ok, so vocal wise its impossible for a pokemon to technically "speak"(excluding Meowth), but i guess that with telepathy, anything is possible?

I thought this was sort of a "lets get this over with" situation, as they showed all of Ralts's evos in one episode. Though it was great how they accomplished the "family" sort of theme with them(Gardevoir=Mother, Kirlia= big sister, Ralts= little sister).

Funny how ingame safeguard is only supposed to prevent things such as thunderwave, toxic, and other status things from taking effect, while in the show its portrayed more like barrier. That bugs me a little.

Magus

Fog Trainer
It was already established that some Pokémon can "speak" to humans telepathically. That's how most of the Legendaries who communicate with humans do it. Everything Mewtwo ever says is through telepathy, for example.

G

Geki

This episode had really nice animation it it, the forest almost looked 3D! Ralts and Gardevoir were pretty cool, but I hated Gardevoirs dub voice for some reason. Max should go back and get Ralts when he becomes a trainer.

3/5

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Cobalt_Latios said:
Funny how ingame safeguard is only supposed to prevent things such as thunderwave, toxic, and other status things from taking effect, while in the show its portrayed more like barrier. That bugs me a little.
At least its consistent, Safeguard has always worked that way in the anime.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
If James should have a full name, it would be Sir Lord James Jamerson, Esq. That is comedy gold to me. Same deal with everything TR does here. Otherwise, a good dramatic story, and one of the season's top 5 shows.
10/10...

Last edited:

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Jessie and Meowth really acted like idiots when posing as Ralt's evolved forms Gardevour and Kirlila not once but twice.

Fofa

Thunder Trainer
I'd love to see the episode (Japanese though. . .after hearing pokemon in Japanese, I can no longer listen to it in English), but I'm not sure if it's up on Youtube or something.

I'd love to see the episode (Japanese though. . .after hearing pokemon in Japanese, I can no longer listen to it in English), but I'm not sure if it's up on Youtube or something.

oh please ...