• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do I Hear A Ralts? (386)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok so I just watched this episode again and it is seriously one of my favorite Hoenn episodes <3!!! Seriously it was pretty much perfect.

TR was semi competent, Max was adorable with Ralts, and Psychic was actually used correctly for once.

And not to mention the feelz :'(...it was heart breaking watching Max and Ralts saying goodbye.

The writers better have Max come back with Ralts :(....

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I watched this episode a few days ago to get a reference for my Gardevoir speedpaint (I always check an episode or 2 of an episode that features a Pokémon I want to draw). I was expecting the regular 20 minute snore fest that your average Pokémon anime episode is, but this one was actually pretty decent. They didn't try any silly or stupid things with this episode, just the classic take care of sick Pokémon, but having to leave it to its parents at the end. No additional filler characters to waste your time, and Team Rocket was even a bit funny with their cosplaying thing. It's one of those rare Pokémon episodes that I ended up somewhat liking.

Even after just more than 4 years since I last watched this episode, this one is still one big feelfest. It's that emotional.
I totally forgot Ralts communicates to Max telepathically at the end.

Calling it now. After ORAS comes out, and the writers decide to re-promote Hoenn again through the show, I'm calling it now that they'll find a reason to bring May and Max back to the show temporarily and it's revealed that Max is old enough to be a trainer, and I bet you he's going to have Ralts as one of his Pokemon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Snorunt freezing Ash was adorable, as was seeing Max spoon-feed Ralts some of Brock's stew. Jessie and Meowth dressed up as Gardevoir and Kirlia before the battle and near the end of the episode made me laugh and their battle with Ash and friends was amazing since TR actually put up a great fight where they matched Ash and friends' Pokemon.

This was a cute episode, with all the nice interactions between Ralts and Max!
I liked the fact that Snorunt followed Max around in his journey to the Pokemon center and Max has quite the stamina to run all-day long XD
Now, I'd really like to see Max returning to the show with a Gardevoir/Gallade on his side~ (Which probably won't happen since the writers probably forgot about him..)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice one, Max's bond with Ralts was really deep, kinda sad that it left in the end. And nice one that Snorunt followed Max and Ralts around and I also liked Jessie's Gardevoir costume too. And I didn't expect Ash and friends to know TR from their disguises, which was partially helped by the Pokédex. James's line when he blasted off was nice, too.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm glad Max got this episode to himself and that he took care of Ralts. The ending was sad and I wish he had kept Ralts, but I was impressed by Max's maturity as well as how strong Team rocket was here. ^^

Gillachu

Banned
TR seemed competent for once lol. I didn't want Max to keep Ralts anyway, so I was totally fine with them going their own separate ways. :cool:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I didn't want Max to keep Ralts anyway, so I was totally fine with them going their own separate ways. :cool:

Well I suppose Max was still too young to get his first pokemon any ways, but this Ralts was the closest he ever came to getting his own pokemon, so it seemed unfortunate that it didn't happen. ^^;

JudySpell

Banned
This episode was almost perfect & by the end I just wanted Max to keep Ralts since they had bonded so well. I hope he will go back for it some day. 8/10

DatsRight

A more somber episode for Max that makes it a bit of a shame they didn't try more of this direction with him and his future as a trainer (Bonnie in XY seemed to be an apology for this). Loved his contained fury at the end though.

TR's planning was hilariously incompetent (not even the twerps will fall for the same disguise TWICE in one day), but they made up for it with one of their most intense battles in the show (surprisingly at probably their lowest point). Every Pokemon in the team shows their worth. They REALLY wanted Ralts apparently. Really makes me wish they'd tried more non-curbstomp battles with the Hoenn TR lot.

DatsRight

Er, it's not like she's any closer to becoming a trainer than Max is.

What I mean is she got 'reserved' Pokemon to keep and take care of from her brother, but she at least got token battles and signs of trainer competence, if admittedly still in a fairly sparse and fetal state.

I think The Tiny Caretaker for example did a better job demonstrating the character's potential to take care of a Pokemon, even if both episodes suffered the problem of them ultimately being saved by a miraculous intervention than them really proving their worth, Bonnie at least held off Team Rocket a lot longer on her own than Max did.

Last edited:

Alloutℯ

Banned
I think Max has got to be a bit psychic. He was the only one who could hear Ralts calling for help. The Team Rocket battle scene was awesome. Jessie actually used her Dustox and actually had Wobbuffet use an attack.

DatsRight

I think Max has got to be a bit psychic. He was the only one who could hear Ralts calling for help. The Team Rocket battle scene was awesome. Jessie actually used her Dustox and actually had Wobbuffet use an attack.

You forgot James actually remembering his Chimecho could magically heal them all mid battle. :p

Only thing missing was Meowth getting in a Fury Swipes or using a gadget of some sort.

Last edited:

Alloutℯ

Banned
You forgot James actually remembering his Chimecho could magically heal them all mid battle. :p

Only thing missing was Meowth getting in a Fury Swipes or using a gadget of some sort.

Yeah Meowth seemed strangely passive during the battle and it seemed unlike him to not use a mecha since those are his specialty.