• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do I Hear A Ralts? (386)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lol, I loved how good TR was here when they fought Ash's crew, though this begs the question: How did TR suddenly get so good? Usually they sucked at battling. :p

DatsRight

Lol, I loved how good TR was here when they fought Ash's crew, though this begs the question: How did TR suddenly get so good? Usually they sucked at battling. :p

It is a shame, because their Hoenn lot was arguably one of their best selection, as demonstrated in this one battle particularly. It's another reason the writers just persisting in TR curb stomps all the time gets on my nerves. Wouldn't more of moments like this be like....way, WAY more entertaining?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was amazed that Masato heard the sick Ralts from such a distance, and I liked seeing him feed Ralts. Yukiwarashi freezing Masato's glasses was humorous too, yet he proved his power while fighting the Rocket-dan. Musashi and Nyasu dressed up as Sirnight and Kirlia was my favorite moment, and Ralts's farewell scene was stunning.

Zamin

This was an amazing episode. Team Rocket were on point and fought really well. It was great to see Max caring for Ralts but it was so sad when they went their separate ways. I hope to see Max return one day and get it.

Steven of Venus

From Another Planet
Jessie looked great in that Gardevoir costume.
I haven't cried during an episode of Pokemon since Bye bye Butterfree.

Caterpie is so cute, so pretty, flipping feathers from Pikachu and styles of Ho-Oh into the melody of time and the shifting of the soft sands on a summerset with Bill at the Lighthouse, where Dragonite's voice code signal call, and the blinking tower of a higher future come to Molly, the end of fantasy, so destiny at the lighthouse makes you stronger. Caterpie is kinda like a mini Rayquaza to me, stretches out, gets bigger. Turning into Butterfree, and falling in love with that pink one later is sort of sad.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This was an amazing episode. Team Rocket were on point and fought really well.

The Rocket-dan trio were pretty amazing for once in this episode, which I remember thinking would become a permanent change during the end of the Houen saga. Sadly, it only lasted for this one Ralts episode.

DatsRight

The Rocket-dan trio were pretty amazing for once in this episode, which I remember thinking would become a permanent change during the end of the Houen saga. Sadly, it only lasted for this one Ralts episode.

I think the trick here was also that the twerps were on par most of the time as well. They saw through TR's disguises and bounced off some of their silliness (Ash being savvy enough to use his Pokedex against a disguise was an awesome moment, and Max doesn't just notice them in the same disguise a second time round, he is hilariously ENRAGED they think he's that dumb) and when TR put up a rare proper fight, they actually fought back well rather than relying on dumb luck for once, making it a nicely developed hero vs villain face-off.

Though there was a downplay during the middle where TR are literally thrown out of the picture when the more earnest bits with Ralts and it's brethren begin (wish it wasn't so obvious when the writers decided they had 'served their purpose' in so many episodes), and for some reason the twerps are just CASUALLY WALKING instead of trying desperately to catch up with Max before the TRio did (seriously what the hell, May?). I'd have loved if the second half of this episode had TR still going strong and the twerps desperately trying to keep them from reaching Max in one big episode long face-off of the TRio in 'Not so harmless' mode like 'The Stolen Stones', though I know they couldn't logically do that without harmfully downplaying the screen time and depth of Max and Ralt's side of the story.

Last edited:

Daizy

I call you honey
I was glad that Team Rocket actually tried to put up a good battle. It was fun. My only complaint was when Ralts spoke because it was so high-pitched I couldn't understand what it was saying.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm honestly puzzled regarding why Masato wasn't given Ralts as his first Pokemon after watching him nurse Ralts back to health. It seemed like a wasted opportunity.

Whoa nelly, Team Rocket was on fire here. I liked the battle especially the Poison Tail animation. I also really liked Cacnea's newer Pin Missile animation. I think this is the first time that we saw Jessie and James use all of their Pokémon at once in Hoenn and I never figured Dustox was so powerful as to be able to block May's Combusken's Fire Spin single handedly. Ralts' parts were okayish too.

Scorbunnie

Ralts was such a good Pokemon for Max to get but of course the writer didn't want to give Max any Pokemon because he was too young or whatever. Team Rocket were in top form during their match with the twerps too and I liked all the mayhem.

Jnmisty

I'm honestly puzzled regarding why Masato wasn't given Ralts as his first Pokemon after watching him nurse Ralts back to health. It seemed like a wasted opportunity.
Well, the real Gardovior and Kirila showed back up for it just like he promised that he would. It is kind of like what May did with the Swablu in the True Blue Swablu episode.

Jnmisty

Plus did anyone else besides me noticed the expression on Nurse Joy's face when the fake Gardoviar and Kirlia showed back up. It looked like she would and should have said bless their hearts.

The Pokedex scanning Meowth lol
Very emotional episode. Max bonding with Ralts is very touching and that song that they played... so good. Ngl I was feeling a little teary eyed, which is weird because I barely cry watching Pokémon.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
This is probably one of the better "very special episodes" this show has had

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. I liked the high stakes involved, TRio actually being competent in battle, Ash using the Dex to see through Meowth's disguise, and Snorunt making ice packs for Ralts with Icy Wind. The farewell scene was very emotional, and sadly we aren't going to see Max with Ralts in the future, although Clemont did demonstrate that you can catch a Pokemon for younger sibling to take care of.
9.5/10

Last edited:

vondecayle

Too bad Max couldn’t catch Ralts and travel with it. In the pokemon games there are literal toddlers as pokemon trainers. Good episode regardless!