1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do Ice-type Pokémon become melted by a sunlight?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by MiloticTwins, Jan 25, 2013.

1. MiloticTwins

MiloticTwins Well-Known Member

Do Ice-type Pokémon become melted by a sunlight?

Hey, guys. I want want to know from you if Ice-type Pokémon become melted by a sunlight?

2. Rakansen

Rakansen Dowser

I don't think any Ice-type Pokémon is actually fully made of ice other than Regice, so no. Even Regice, according to its Pokédex entries, can never melt.

3. Lucario95

Lucario95 Behold The Aura!

I think just the attacks, like a ice beam, but I don't think they will melt, obviously they gonna feel different.

4. MiloticTwins

MiloticTwins Well-Known Member

Why can Regice never melt?

5. ShiningKnightXY

ShiningKnightXY <----Newest Shiny

Well it isn't like they just melt. They pry do slowly melt if at all, but a trainer would most likely call it back before it got serious.

6. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Ice-type Pokemon do not directly experience any adverse effects from strong sunlight. However, Fire-type moves, which Ice-type Pokemon are weak to, are boosted further in power, and Water-type moves, which some Ice-types are associated with, are weakened. Additionally, strong sunlight reduces the chances of freeze being inflicted, a status condition that the Ice-type is often associated with. While they don't directly experience any adverse effects, Ice-types are not the best options to use in strong sunlight.

Pokedex says so.

7. Bananarama

Bananarama Another trophy

Ice types are not MADE of ice, just like how fire types are only associated with fire, not fire theirselves.

So i'd say no on this one.

8. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

No, they don't. Just like how Fire-type Pokémon aren't physically affected by rain.

9. Zachmac

Zachmac Crystalline Guardian

Crygonal is made of ice, just as Heatran and Slugma are made of magma.

Crygonal's pokedex entry even says so.
    And Slugma's body will turn to stone if it cools. So, yeah, if more ice types were made of ice, I guess they would melt.

10. Mythicalzoe

Mythicalzoe Badass

No the mere fact most ice types can generate subzero cold means the heat of the sun shouldn't really affect them

11. Stymie

Stymie powered by insanity

Ice melts?

12. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

Of course not, sunlight reaches in the poles, in a low degree, though.

Maybe ice-made Pokemons would melt on a volcano area... maybe!

13. iGotNoiPad

iGotNoiPad Well-Known Member

I would personally think that an Ice-Type has their temperature regulated inside their body so they would not lose heat regardless whether if they jump in a pool of lava.But honestly, real world biology and physics don't apply to Pokemon.