• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do mega evolutions deconfirm future evolutions for a pokémon?

Do mega evolutions deconfirm future evolutions for a pokémon?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

Rune Knight

In your opinion, are pokémon like Pinsir, Heracross, and Sableye denied from ever getting standard evolutions simply because they already received mega forms? Does the concept of mega evolution on a pokémon suggest that is indeed the pokémon's final stage?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think it could go either way for a few of them. The starters and psuedo-Legends I can’t see getting proper evolutions as they feel mostly complete at that point. Some like Banette I could see getting an evolution if they get a regional form. And then there are ones like Heracross and Pinsir where their Megas were nice and all but feel like they could have a regular evolution that feels far more natural than the Megas did. Slowbro I don’t think will evolve any further and it falls into the category as having a Mega that was both unnatural looking and unnecessary as I can’t imagine that is an improvement from a biological standpoint.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Nope i view them as the same type of temporary evolution as the digimon eggs. If you have watched Digimon Adventure 2 and are familiar with temporary Veemon turning into Flamedramon by utilizing a fire egg related to the Digidestined (who also has a fire/melee digimon).

That way Mega Stones and Keystones and even Dynamax/Gigantamax/Regional variants should not be considered a dead end for future evolutions.

Last edited:

Halkel

Experimentalist
Nope i view them as the same type of temporary evolution as the digimon eggs. If you have watched Digimon Adventure 2 and are familiar with temporary Veemon turning into Flamedramon by utilizing a fire egg related to the Digidestined (who also has a fire/melee digimon).

That way Mega Stones and Keystones and even Dynamax/Gigantamax/Regional variants should not be considered a dead end for future evolutions.
Being fair, Gigantamax Factor locks Pikachu, Eevee and Kantonian Meowth from evolving, so it wouldn't be considered a dead end anyways since you can just as easily remove it with Max Soup. Regional forms is more of an adaptability to the area than a dead end, essentially locking them out of one branch in the same sense. The Hisuian forms are essentially forms that pokemon took before the forms we know today, giving these pokemon more backstory (Voltorb had a fairly tragic one that its no wonder it became angry in the present).

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There is no precendent so far, so I would say no.

Though the dilemma is, unless they state anything, the only thing we can wait for is a deconfirmation of the idea.

For example, if we see Sableye evolve, then it's deconfirmed. Otherwise, we wouldn't know.

Luthor

My guess is no. I do think that if they wanted any of them to get full evolutions they will and Mega evolutions wouldn't stop it (even if Megas were still available). All they'd need to do is make them distinct so there's still a reason to use both. For example if Sableye were to get an evolution I'd expect it to be much more offensive. That way both are useful. That being said there have been so few cross-gen evolutions recently that are not seemingly regional in nature (either regional variants or regional evolutions) so it may be quite a while before it comes up.

Last edited:

Monox D. I-Fly

Isn't it more in line with Digimon Savers' Burst Evolution? Digimon Adventure 02's Armor Evolution is an ancient method of evolution more similar with Hisuian forms.

TwilightBlade

I don't think so. I think many unevolved Pokemon still have a chance of getting evolved forms in future games because it's not like Mega Evos are guaranteed to make a big comeback later anyways. :]