1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do my Pokémon GBA games still work?

Discussion in 'Technology Discussion' started by Arceusgamer14, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Arceusgamer14

Arceusgamer14 Well-Known Member

Do my Pokémon GBA games still work?

I still have the GBA Pokémon games, but they seem to have it's battery run dry, is this a problem? Do I have to get new GBA games or batteries?

2. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

Which ones? If you're talking about RSE, then you can still save the games and play them as you usually would. Just the time-related mechanics will stop working.

3. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

The Pokémon GBA games use Flash Memory, which is just smaller version of the one in an USB Pen Drive.

Depending on what time you set the game to, it will always be low tide or high tide. Berries won't grow, and you won't be able to make a Shell bell. Eevee will only evolve in to either Espeon or Umbreon.

FRLG has no batteries and should be fine.

4. Aidan25

Aidan25 Member

Yeah they still work just berries won't grow, Mirage Island is inaccessible and a few other things. It's not like with Gen 2 games where your save is deleted :(

5. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Yes. I'm glad that it doesn't delete your save data.