• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do people eat Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawn hater

Okay this might seem a bit random but is there any chance that poeple might eat Pokemon. We have seen Ash and friends eating non vegetarian food sometime so where does that comes from? I made this thread here cause it is only seen in Anime.
And one more thing. We see fishes in Cerulean gym(not fish Pokemon) and worms in Pidgetto capture episode. So, is there any chance that Pokemon world is inhibited by animals too. Maybe they live in seclusion cause Pokemon have special powers and they want to kill all animals or rule over them.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
They eat fruit and vegetables so it's not pokemon.
But there is a chance they're eating fish, maybe Magikarps since they even wanted to eat it one time. As for other types of food I have no idea.

I think this thread should be on the "Pokémon Animé Discussion" section.

Of course they eat Pokemon! Where do you think hamburgers and other such food seen in the show comes from? Even if that wasn't the case, do you really think the entire Pokemon world would be solely vegetarian. No, they wouldn't. It's best to just accept that those cute little Grumpigs in the pen over there will be next week's breakfast. They're fictional creatures, so don't be too sentimental about the idea of magical friends being eaten.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I remember at one point in The Flame Pokemon-athon where Ash was seen eating a Magikarp, so I think it's possible that humans DO eat certain Pokemon. I remember I think in So Near yet so Farfetch'd I think it was were the Pokedex suggested game-hunting.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well we see them eat meat many times so i dont really know, maybe there are some normal animals in the pokemon world

No. 1 Machop Fan

I read that Farfetch'd was nearly driven to extinction because people thought they make a great meal when served with leeks.

Candy-Musalina

GAME snOVER.
Well, some people in real world eat dog meat and others consider dogs as their best friend. Like in the pokemon world. There's nothing shocking.

And anyway yes, No. 1 Machop Fan is right about Farfetch'd, so it's enough to confirm that people indeed eat pokemon. And pokemon even eat themselves. Pidgeys/other flying love eating Caterpies, and that was clearly shown.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I believe Gyarados and Sharpedos are known to eat Pokemon trainers and humans alike as well

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
hmmm, I'm just wondering, why is this thread in Spoilers?

FlyAsADunsparce

Yep I'm pretty sure we've seen them eating chicken wings, meat balls, ham, sushi, hamburgers and other meat. So I guess
Chicken = Torchic, (Kentucky Fried Torchic FTW!)
Beef (hamburgers, meat balls)= Miltank
Pork (like ham) = Grumpig, Spoink
Sushi = I guess Magikarp, Seaking, Remoraid, Krabby, Corphish, Octillery

Sounds kinda cruell though

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
At first there were multiple Ho-oh, then people started celebrating Thanksgiving... Then people saw less and less Ho-oh arriving at the Tin Tower...

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Kentucky Fried Torchic! I loled when I saw FlyAsADunsparce's post.
Pretty sure there would be Magikarp/ or Feebas N Chips somewhere too!

poizonsting

Pokemon master
FAQ is your best friend. Had you read it in the stickies section before starting this thread, you wouldn't have been asking this question.

Q: “Do humans eat Pokémon?”

A: As the existence of animals is more than questionable at the moment, but people are sometimes seen eating meat and "fish", it can be assumed that they do.

However, it’s likely that the writers shy away from this subject, as humans and Pokémon are portrayed to be living along side each other as equal friends.

It should also be noted that more often than not, the main characters are only seen eating bread, vegetables and fruit - especially in recent years.

All you gotta do is "Search"

Last edited:

Encyclopika

The Queen
^What he said...plus there are plenty of threads like this in Gen Discussion.

//CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.