• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do people make fun of you because you play Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurfMasta

Jack-of-all-Trades
Honestly, I accept it proud-fully, knowing that I have a kid fun life while others want to talk and play crappy stuff. But I want to hear your guys opinion.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
No, but mostly because I don't tell anyone. I doubt they would even if I did, however.

manaphy72

yes but I really dont tell them, Reason being they call it "Gay" but let them think what they want, they're missing out on the fun adventures that we are gettin in on. and when we stop playing them, we have something to turn around and sell, while they have nothing

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
I said I played Pokemon once in 3rd grade and that didn't end so well. I've never said anything about Pokemon since.

And this was in third grade! Before everybody in 3rd grade loved COD and Halo.

Last edited:

Randomness

He is already here.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! XD JK, JK.

Even if I do tell someone (normally I don't), they don't say anything, we just move onto another topic.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
it's the only thing people don't make fun of me for. lol

Game Maker

Memento Mori
They do, but I make fun of them back by pointing out the fact that they watch My Little Pony.

rocky505

Anyone who tells me I should play Halo instead I tell them that Halo is a heck of a lot nerdier than Pokemon ever will be.

manaphee

新たなる誓い
They would if I told.
This year, I was thinking about being more open about it, because, well, I'm moving onto High School next year and it wouldn't affect me too much. /:
Until today, when the topic of Pokemon was brought up, and I heard someone say "Pokemon is for losers!"
some people laughed.
the others just didn't hear him. P:

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
Very rarely. Everyone that actually pays attention to what I post on Facebook should have noticed one of my Pokemon-related status updates by now and I've yet to get any negativity on there. My good friends all know and think it's hilarious and awesome, play with me, or genuinely don't care (my friends and I were between 6-10 when Pokemon was introduced in the U.S.; they've all been through the craze). I've gotten a few of my friends back into it, even. When I'm on the bus home from work and playing I get strangers all the damn time talking to me about it. To the point where I always wear my headphones so I can justify ignoring them.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
Anyone who tells me I should play Halo instead I tell them that Halo is a heck of a lot nerdier than Pokemon ever will be.

Lolno, Halo's a mainstream game and will never be seen as nerdy except by the people on sites like this who shun fps games.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Nope. I'm completely open about it, and I get respect because I'm not afraid to admit it. A few people laughed at me a bit, but they got over it, and nobody else really cared in the first place. The kind of people who would hate you just because of your choice in video games probably aren't the people you really want to be friends with anyway.

rocky505

Lolno, Halo's a mainstream game and will never be seen as nerdy except by the people on sites like this who shun fps games.
I'm sorry but you honestly know nothing about this. Let's see. Futuristic weapons and crap like that makes a nerd go through puberty again. Being a little boy/girl going around a region with 8 gyms and beating some random gang is no where near as nerdy.

MechaDrago

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Not really, I'm at college so it's sort of rolled back around to being socially acceptable. Plus, most of my friends are play it.
(I'm still pretty much the only one who plays competitively though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.