• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do rarer pokemon appear at higher levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippoTank

If so, what sort of levels? Is there a level where you are guaranteed to find all pokemon?

Also, I have a theory that if you are near rustling leaves and a pokemon isn't appearing, it's because your level isn't high enough. Any truth to this?

NewSchoolBoxer

If so, what sort of levels? Is there a level where you are guaranteed to find all pokemon?

Also, I have a theory that if you are near rustling leaves and a pokemon isn't appearing, it's because your level isn't high enough. Any truth to this?

I'm quite sure pokemon that do not evolve (Scyther, Pinser, etc) can be found at any level. It's possible that stage 2 pokemon (Blastoise, Beedrill, etc) may not show up before a certain level. I didn't see any stage 2's until I got to level 12 and got great balls. Of course, it only takes 1 person to prove otherwise.

I actually thought that rustling leaves were strictly a decoration to make the scenery prettier. Enough people are saying walking on the leaves makes encounters more likely (not guaranteed) that I may be wrong. I'd be very surprised if your player level is related. Would have made more sense then to not show rustling leaves at level 1.

Ithanul

Nah, the leaves are linked to an area with high cell activity which in turns means more chance of Pokemon showing up.

Nice trick to do. Have Ingress on and follow the XM dots everywhere. Then switch over to PoGo and have a blast nabbing Pokemon.

Burumun

#lYeah, rarer pokémon do appear at higher levels, can't say how high, though. If nothing else, I do believe being at a higher level makes it easier to catch stronger pokémon.

The spots with rustling leaves are spawn points, I'm pretty sure. You can find pokémon near them. You'll also find pokémon elsewhere with lure mods and incense, though.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
One resource you could use is Poke Vision. You can place a marker on the map and it will scan for Pokemon that are nearby. You still have to walk to them and it doesn't always show every available Pokemon that is nearby.

echo13

I started seeing more variety of pokemon after level 4 or 5 definitely. I'm not sure about the leaves, there's times I'm standing right on them and nothing spawns. I have seen bursts of leaves right before something spawns too though, so it's hard to say...

JP.

I went out on the hunt for pokemon with my gf and she had recently downloaded the game, she was around level 9 and we found a Gengar. It didn't show up on her "close pokemon" but it did on mine, however when we can across it we both were able to capture it. With that being said I think you can catch any type of pokemon at any level, butthe cp difference is normally substantial. (mine being 982, hers being under 100).

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Yeah, I pretty sure you can, since by lvl 8, I'd found a random wild Beedrill and Nidorina. Lures and incense help too though, they tend to bring in more evolved pokemon from what I can tell.

Yeah, I pretty sure you can, since by lvl 8, I'd found a random wild Beedrill and Nidorina. Lures and incense help too though, they tend to bring in more evolved pokemon from what I can tell.

That's what I'm finding as well. The other day I was running around finding nothing besides pidgey and rattata, until someone used a lure nearby. I headed over there, and promptly found a Tauros, Dugtrio, Persian, and Hitmonchan.

Mileron

I have been working from home throughout the past week but played on nightly walks.

Newly Hatched: Seel, Shellder
Newly caught: Metapod, Starmie, Poliwrath

Used two incense. Found them to be useless where I'd used them as they only attracted more of the common pokemon that were common to the area in which I was walking. Oh well.

Silversea

I don't know if this is true because pokemon can be seen by anyone, apparently regardless of level. I've seen nidoking and pidgeot as low as level 4. I levelled up so quick early on I did not have time to verify if evolved pokemon could be visible to me at lower levels, but I suspect they would be.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
I saw a recent Niantic update. They are blocking 3rd party app traffic from accessing the servers which I think is a very good thing. This is how they were able to bring pokemon GO reliably to South America in time for the olympics.

I don't think 3rd party apps will work anymore after this update has taken place and I think it's for the better. I would much rather have a playable game available worldwide than a bunch of people doubling or tripling up on their server usage.

Mileron

I don't think 3rd party apps will work anymore after this update has taken place and I think it's for the better. I would much rather have a playable game available worldwide than a bunch of people doubling or tripling up on their server usage.

Yes, but the tradeoff is that the radar sucks right now.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and in the parking lot a Tauros popped up on the radar.
On the bar, it was in the third position.
On the full radar screen, it was in the first position.
There were no grass/leaves anywhere around me, so I walked in a roughly 300x300 foot circle to try to get it to pop.
Nada.
I even walked behind the store.
Nothing.
By the time I walked back to my car, it had moved to second on the bar, and fifth on the full radar screen.

It was extremely humid, so I decided to go in and get my shopping done.
While shopping, I picked up some evolve-fodder - two Eevee, a Jigglypuff, Rattata, Zubat, Bulbasaur, and Pidgey. The Tauros stayed on my radar.
By the time I was done, the Tauros was no longer on my radar.
I decided to avoid the idiots at the usual lot exit, so I went around back of the store.
Radar showed the usual common stuff - Rattata, Pidgey, Venonat, Weedle.
As I rounded the corner, a Pikachu spawned. Not on the radar at all.
Caught him and the Eevee that popped behind him. Nope, it wasn't on the radar.
A few hundred feet further a 926 Pinsir popped. Caught him. Not on radar at all.
Around the last corner, zing, a Dratini popped. Still not on radar. Caught it.
On the way home, I saw a Kadabra pop. Not on radar. Caught it.

It's mostly useless right now.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Yes, but the tradeoff is that the radar sucks right now.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and in the parking lot a Tauros popped up on the radar.
There were no grass/leaves anywhere around me, so I walked in a roughly 300x300 foot circle to try to get it to pop.
Nada.
I even walked behind the store.
Nothing.
By the time I walked back to my car, it had moved to second on the bar, and fifth on the full radar screen.

It was extremely humid, so I decided to go in and get my shopping done.
While shopping, I picked up some evolve-fodder - two Eevee, a Jigglypuff, Rattata, Zubat, Bulbasaur, and Pidgey. The Tauros stayed on my radar.
By the time I was done, the Tauros was no longer on my radar.
I decided to avoid the idiots at the usual lot exit, so I went around back of the store.
Radar showed the usual common stuff - Rattata, Pidgey, Venonat, Weedle.
As I rounded the corner, a Pikachu spawned. Not on the radar at all.
Caught him and the Eevee that popped behind him. Nope, it wasn't on the radar.
A few hundred feet further a 926 Pinsir popped. Caught him. Not on radar at all.
Around the last corner, zing, a Dratini popped. Still not on radar. Caught it.
On the way home, I saw a Kadabra pop. Not on radar. Caught it.

It's mostly useless right now.

they are in the process in fixing it actually thats why they disabled the radar in the newest update. I am sure its frustrating but once they actually fix the steps we be happy again which tbh that is super lucky I need all those pokemon you mentioned popped up which for me never show up while I am walking that don't show on that radar XD.

echo13

My bar is always opposite what the full screen is. I'm not sure which one is correct... at least the one in the middle stays the same! Maybe this new update will fix it.

porygonfan

I'm confused about these random rare Pokemon showing up you see on YouTube, like charizard and dragonite for example. Would those areas have to have charmander and Dratini seen on a regular basis or do random rare Pokemon appear anywhere randomly? I found butterfree and pidgeot wild, but caterpie and pidgey are common where I live so that makes sense to see their evolutions. But will I ever see a wild charizard being I never see charmander or charmeleon?

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I'm confused about these random rare Pokemon showing up you see on YouTube, like charizard and dragonite for example. Would those areas have to have charmander and Dratini seen on a regular basis or do random rare Pokemon appear anywhere randomly? I found butterfree and pidgeot wild, but caterpie and pidgey are common where I live so that makes sense to see their evolutions. But will I ever see a wild charizard being I never see charmander or charmeleon?

It's totally possible, albeit unlikely, as there seems to be a kind of randomness to what Pokémon appear when (at least for a moment). As far as I know, you can meet any Pokémon at any given level; the only thing that scales is the CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.