1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do the gift Kanto starters have any perfect IVs?

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by Scorpion1386, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Scorpion1386

Scorpion1386 Lost Fan

If so, in which stats?

2. Floortje

Floortje Member

the stats are random, i heard it can be influenced by combo chaining...dunno if it's true tho, there's always a lot of rumors when new games release
    use the fortune teller in celadon city pokecenter for a good nature

3. Scorpion1386

Scorpion1386 Lost Fan

So we don't know yet, basically?

4. Floortje

Floortje Member

indeed

5. Scorpion1386

Scorpion1386 Lost Fan

Would someone here be able to check with combo chaining or is that just too much work to be done?

6. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

Aren't their IVs pre-determined? I reset for Nature for all three of them and never had their IVs change. 31 in one stat, 30 in two others, and the rest in the 25-30 range if I recall.

7. Ashrynn

Ashrynn Well-Known Member

^
    They have set IV values, but they are randomized as to where they go.

EDIT: This may be true for most gifts. The Persian from Let's Go Pikachu always had the same IV values as the starters you're given as well.

8. JChar

JChar Member

So do the arcanine, porygon and lapras gifts

9. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair ベストチャンピオン。

To further clarify, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle always comes with 31 IV of HP, Speed and Special Attack respectively.