• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do The John Wall

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
troop_41.jpg

Yerpy!

Everybody clear out, hand me the rock Time winding down 3 seconds on the shot clock Break the defense homeboy I can't be stopped All about my money so you know I'm hitting bank shots
I'm trying to tell them, boy you can't guard this Beast on the court homeboy I play the hardest Jump shot stupid, yeah it's retarded You can't guard me in the paint I'm an artist
See I hustle on the floor call me Rick Ross See the Troop get it jumping like a tip-off I play hard until I hear the ref blow the whistle I'm a player but my game be so official
Never reach got to stay out of foul trouble But I drive in the lane, get them in foul trouble They cant solve my game I'm a hard puzzle But I keep three dimes that's a triple double

$ $ $

Hello, Welcome to my second RMT here on Serebii. This is of my newest team, and honestly one of my favorites.
I am still a little rusty and would like all the help I can get so feel free to comment. This is a very offensively
minded team. At first it was started around a Magnezone, Celebi VoltTurn core. As the team evolved this became
less and less stressed, to the point as you see now, Celebi is no longer a team member. The team works to gain
momentum and take out the opponent fast through the powerhouse VoltTurn core of Magnezone, Azelf, and Scizor.

534.gif
)(
635.gif
)(
73.gif
)(
482.gif
)(
212.gif
)(
462.gif

http://i41.*******.com/sl38kl.png

534.png

Conkeldurr (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up (Payback)
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

Conkeldurr has been a great offensive asset to the team. With a huge attack stat and the ability to gladly absorb burns and poisoning Conkeldurr easily found its way on this heavy offensive team. Using its STAB in Drain Punch puts out a lot of damage and allows for some form of recovery. Mach Punch is a great move on this guy, even if he is running two fighting attacks. With the STAB it puts off massive damage itself, and the priority is a blessing due to Conkeldurr's less than average speed. Mach Punch allows me to take on and finish off threats like Heatran and Terrakion who otherwise might pose a problem to the team. Stone Edge rounds the coverage nicely, giving Conkeldurr a great move to use against Gyarados and Dragonite who otherwise could wall and kill this set fairly well. The original set as you can see that I pick for Conkeldurr was the Bulk Up but I have found that I don't find much time to use Bulk Up. I was thinking about trying Payback out instead. This will give me nice coverage, helping against non-psychic carrying Lati@s and other Psychic and Ghost Types. Conkeldurr has been a great asset so far to the team.

635.png

Hydreigon (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast / U turn

This team has gone through more dragons than you knew existed. I started out with a Dragon Dance Dragonite but after many matches I didn't really feel it fit well. Then I thought about bringing back the MixMence, giving a little surprise factor to people. That also failed. I thought about using Latios and after a few matches it also just didn't seem to fit well with the team. Now after three failed attempts I think I've found my Dragon. Hydreigon has been a total beast and a great team member. It's special attacking power rivals Latios, and I feel it has much better Synergy with the team. The Expert Belt allows me to fake a Choice Scarf and get some possible surprise kills. Hydreigon gets great coverage from its moves. Draco Meteor is a staple on Dragons like Hydreigon. It puts out severe damage right off the bat, and with the nature of this team, Hydreigon won't be staying in too long anyway. Dark Pulse gets STAB and can give me a nice answer to Reuniclus, as well as Ghost's like Jellicent. Fire Blast gives me a reliable way to take down Ferrothorn who attempt to absorb a Draco Meteor. Focus Blast rounds the coverage giving me a strong attack, and a nice answer to Tyranitar who come in expecting me to be locked onto STAB Dark Pulse. I was thinking about using U-turn over Focus Blast but I'm not sure. This would fit into my core very nicely. Hydreigon loves the removal of Steel Types and fits in very well with Magnezone. It also benefits from its Levitate ability in taking Earthquakes thrown at both Magnezone and Tentacruel.

73.png

Tentacruel (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Giga Drain

I have 1 word to describe offensive Tentacruel. Beast. I have never used offensive Tentacruel before, and I really wish I had. It is so amazing. No one expects it and it just demolishes guys. With liquid ooze as my ability I can get Calm Mind Virizon to kill itself when it Giga Drains me, and also can use Conkeldurr against itself when it tries to Drain Punch one of my teammates. Tentacruel provides the allmighty Rapid Spin support which is needed for an offensive team like this that relies on switching so much. STAB Hydro Pump is very strong and my main attacking option. Ice Beam has great accuracy and allows me to get Surprise Kills on Gliscor and Dragonite who come in expecting to outspeed and KO me with Earthquake. Tentacruel also gets a speed tie with the scarce Salamences out there which can be useful. Giga Drain provides me with a way to take down your water types, and is especially useful if I get against a Gastrodon attempting to take all my hits with impunity and threaten the KO with a STAB ground attack. As I said earlier Tentacruel is just a beast, there is no other way to describe him. He has pulled me out of many holes. No one tends to expect the Offensive Tentacruel and it costs them dearly.

462.png

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Change
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone was on the team from the beginning and is a basic part of the team's core. Scarf Magnezone can act as a revenge killer, as well as a trapper to demolish the likes of OU's common steel types like Scizor and Ferrothorn. HP Fire allows it to perform this job greatly, scoring the 1HKO on Scizor and not allowing it to get me with Superpower. Thunderbolt is my powerful STAB attack, and allows Magnezone to not have to switch if wanting to stay in to spam more thunderbolt. Flash Cannon is a filler move and allows me to KO non-scarf'd Terrakion before they can Close Combat me. Volt Switch puts Magnezone into the team's core, keeping momentum on my side. Magnezone works very well with Hydreigon in that it eliminates steels, especially the very common Scizor and Ferrothorn of today's metagame. Seeing how Scizor is #1 on usage and Ferrothorn is #7, these will be see quite often, so to have a surefire way to take them out is priceless. Overall Magnezone has been a strong part of the team and fulfills its role in the core very well.

212.png

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower

Scizor replaced Celebi in the VoltTurn core. Celebi didn't seem to be pulling its weight so I went with your classic U-turn'er. Choice Band Scizor has been the #1 used Pokemon many times and for good reason. Its sheer power right off the bat, coupled with priority STAB Technician boosted Bullet Punch threatens a huge amount of Pokemon. Pursuit is a great move and it traps and KO's common Ghosts and Psychics such as Reuniclus, Gengar, and Lati@s who aren't carrying HP Fire. Super Power rounds off coverage, giving it something to hit Steels with. U-turn, as stated earlier works right into the teams core. Nabbing STAB off it isn't too bad with Scizor's massive attack, and the fact it helps me to keep momentum just seals the deal. Scizor came into the team late, but has been welcomed with open arms. It has worked greatly into the core, and it has very nice synergy as well.

482.png

Azelf @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt / HP Ground

Azelf was the last Pokemon to be placed on the team. It replaced Bronzong, which for the life of me I still don't know what I was thinking placing on the type of team. Azelf gives me the staple move of Stealth Rocks. That damage should rack up because as I switch like crazy, my opponent will most likely also have to switch often, which will rack up a lot of Stealth Rock's damage. U-turn feeds into the core even more, giving me currently three solid Pokemon that can switch out, either through U-turn, or Volt Switch. Azelf can use U-turn offensively very well. Notably it can pull a 1 - 2 punch to KO Reuniclus with Scizor and it both U-turning. Explosion has been weakened though it still has a rediculously high Base Power, and coming off Azelf's not too shabby attack that is nothing to joke about. The last move was a bit of a toss up. I chose Zen Headbutt just for the STAB but its use has been limited. I can't find many situations in which I use it. For this reason I might change Zen Headbutt for Ice Punch. Azelf in its short time with the team has done fairly well and has fit the role of a U-turn'er very well. Azelf in this team has been a nice example of a UU Pokemon's success in OU.

To show that Explosion still has some great power here are some statistics, straight from Smogon's analysis:

Explosion vs. 4/0 Rotom-W 134.85% - 158.92%
Explosion vs. 0/4 Dragonite 110.84% - 130.34%
Explosion vs. 252/252+ Blissey 87.39% - 102.8%
Explosion vs. 240/216+ Volcarona 90.3% - 106.47%
Explosion vs. 4/0 Scrafty 112.5% - 132.35%
Explosion vs. 252/252+ Politoed 77.6% - 91.41%
Explosion vs. 128/0 Ninetales 136.99% - 161.13%
Explosion vs. 4/0 Latios 137.09% - 161.26%
Explosion vs. 252/0 Latias 103.3% - 121.7%

As you can see with SR up All of these Pokemon have a chance to be 1HKO'd be Explosion, while most will be even without.

Sazandora (F) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Roobushin (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

Tentacruel (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Giga Drain

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Change
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower

Azelf @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Thank You For Reading, Please Rate My Team, I Will Take Any Advice Whatsoever

Last edited:

RubySword

Pretty solid team I think.

Only change I can see is using a Swords Dance Scizor, it's almost certain to sweep at even +3.. It also works better (past experience), your team looks like it can support it, too.

Good work man.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I don't know, thanks for that xD
I think I originally had Fire Blast, that might be why.

harsha

Hey dude, sweet, you looked at my Azelf analysis I take it? At least, that's where those calcs are from :p
Explosion vs. 4/0 Rotom-W 134.85% - 158.92%
Explosion vs. 0/4 Dragonite 110.84% - 130.34%
Explosion vs. 252/252+ Blissey 87.39% - 102.8%
Explosion vs. 240/216+ Volcarona 90.3% - 106.47%
Explosion vs. 4/0 Scrafty 112.5% - 132.35%
Explosion vs. 252/252+ Politoed 77.6% - 91.41%
Explosion vs. 128/0 Ninetales 136.99% - 161.13%
Explosion vs. 4/0 Latios 137.09% - 161.26%
Explosion vs. 252/0 Latias 103.3% - 121.7%
Yeah Explosion is boss.
This is it anyways: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4113835#post4113835

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I do like how Conkeldurr has been playing but I had an idea. Conkeldurr has lack luster speed and I think mienshao could fit well. With u-turn mienshao fits into the voltturn core well and has nice speed. Mienshao also ha a great ability in regenerator which when coupled with uturn is a great way to damage and recover at the same time. So tell me your thoughts on this change.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Mienshao could work but why not run a naive one with hp ice for gliscor and why not earthquake on hydreigon

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Mienshao could work but why not run a naive one with hp ice for gliscor and why not earthquake on hydreigon

Meinshao has an awful Sp. Atk stat. And why would you use EQ on a pokemon that can already push through steels, and is special?

Also, all female teams don't always work. It's normally better to have a mixture, iirc.

I can see you being weak to anything with a strong fighting attack. Yes you have tentacruel and azelf, but most fighting types can beat at least one of them. I'm not saying you need to adjust your team, just be particularly careful when you see them.

Also, on volt-turn, frail things don't work as well. Meinshao can't take any hits at all, it's more of a revenge killer and lead. Conkeldurr can be used better as a defensive pivot.

abrar14

Statter Master
For scizor i use Quick attack over Pursuit. It works wonders for things that resist bullet punch and it is still priority.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Meinshao has an awful Sp. Atk stat. And why would you use EQ on a pokemon that can already push through steels, and is special?

Also, all female teams don't always work. It's normally better to have a mixture, iirc.

You should be ashamed http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/620.shtml earthquake would be for heatran instead of ferrothorn also who in their right mind runs attract

I can see you being weak to anything with a strong fighting attack. Yes you have tentacruel and azelf, but most fighting types can beat at least one of them. I'm not saying you need to adjust your team, just be particularly careful when you see them.

Also, on volt-turn, frail things don't work as well. Meinshao can't take any hits at all, it's more of a revenge killer and lead. Conkeldurr can be used better as a defensive pivot.

95 ≠ bad. Just saying.

IMO put Surf on Hydreigon somewhere, it's a far more accurate way to hit Heatran than Focus Miss.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Well, I honestly didn't know that. But it's probably still better to just let something else deal with Gliscor to be honest. Anyway, Meinshao wouldn't work on this team. I don't think.

I havn't used Volt-Turn yet so I don't really know how to rate this.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I tried Mienshao out, and I like Conkeldurr better for the reasons you said. It can actually take a hit, and works aas a nice defensive pivot, and abusing priority Mach Punch is priceless.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
BUMP and Team Update :

373.gif

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Jolly | Moxie
252 Atk / 252 spe / 4 Def
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast

Salamence has once again made its way back. It is replacing Hydreigon. After a while I realized that once I get to late game I didn't have a great way to finish games out. This Salamence is a tank late game. Once Magnezone has removed the likes of Steel types Salamence can feel free to destroy weakened Pokemon with Dragon Claw, boosting its attack further with each kill. Fire Blast is a filler move, It can still 2HKO Ferrothorn if needed even with -SpA nature.

Azelf - Azelf has gotten its spot on the team again, though I might retry a Gliscor with SR, like 4th gen. Azelf also is running HP Ground currently to deal with Magnezone and non too bulky Heatran who could do some damage to the team, and because zen headbutt sucked.

BUMP and Team Update :

373.gif

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Jolly | Moxie
252 Atk / 252 spe / 4 Def
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Salamence has once again made its way back. It is replacing Hydreigon. After a while I realized that once I get to late game I didn't have a great way to finish games out. This Salamence is a tank late game. Once Magnezone has removed the likes of Steel types Salamence can feel free to destroy weakened Pokemon with Dragon Claw, boosting its attack further with each kill. Fire Blast is a filler move, It can still 2HKO Ferrothorn if needed even with -SpA nature.

Azelf - Azelf has gotten its spot on the team again, though I might retry a Gliscor with SR, like 4th gen. Azelf also is running HP Ground currently to deal with Magnezone and non too bulky Heatran who could do some damage to the team, and because zen headbutt sucked.

I've used MoxieMence, and honestly, once Steel-types are out of the way, Outrage is a beast. It gets several KOs that Dragon Claw fails to achieve, and is a generally powerful move.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
How? Outrage is illegal w/ Moxie I thought. I wanted to use Outrage....

Zachmac

I've got Outrage on my DW Salamence on PO.

It gets it both as a move tutor and a DW move. It just can't have it with Dragon Dance.