• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do these new voice actors watch Pokemon?

BlueDragonfangirl

I mean people that do voices for Chloe and Goh.

Think they watched the previous shows and are fans of the series?

SatoSereFan224888

Do you mean the newer voices for the Japanese or English voice actors? Well I’m sure they probably grew up watching the anime from the beginning because their ages kind of fit perfectly with those who’ve watched the anime from the beginning. However in Japan, voice actors are usually represented by agencies so maybe the agencies send out voice demos to the studios and then the directors choose who they think would fit the character best.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Depending on their ages. I didn’t start watching throughly until the DP/BW but mostly BW and because of that my knowledge of everything prior is more off than BW and down. I don’t expect Goh’s actor to binge watch OS and down to voice him.

BlueDragonfangirl

Depending on their ages. I didn’t start watching throughly until the DP/BW but mostly BW and because of that my knowledge of everything prior is more off than BW and down. I don’t expect Goh’s actor to binge watch OS and down to voice him.
Thats interesting, I often wondered about this, if new fans watched the older shows or not.

We‘ve probably got some people here who just started with Sun and Moon or Journey’s.

Now your making me want to start a new thread on that.

It makes me curious about those opinions thoughts on Ash/ Team Rocket’s characteristics of those series.

VA of Goh not watching the older shows only knowing off of the newer one’s hmm.