1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you actually like Filler episodes

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by AceFlonne, Sep 21, 2012.

1. AceFlonne

AceFlonne Mediator

Exactly what it says on the title.

2. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

3. Xionea

Xionea Half a centaur

It all depends if I have read the manga or not. If I have, I tend to skip fillers cause they don't go to the story. But if I've never read the manga, then I don't know if it's a filler or not so I'm fine with them.

4. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

This, if the fillers are entertaining I have no problem with them, as long as they aren't slapped in the middle of some big serious event like a war... Looking at you, Naruto Shipuuden.

5. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

I can't for the life of me identify filler episodes at all, so I hardly ever notice. I figure that as long as I find myself enjoying the episode, I don't care if it's filler or not.

6. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Depends on how deep the plot is.

7. Xashlei

Xashlei probably elsewhere

Sparingly. Breathers are nice once in a while, but: breathers. Implying there have to be runs in between. Filler arcs don't work for me. Single episodes are fine.

8. Evilchibi_pichu

Evilchibi_pichu Entertain me minions

As others said, very little and they have to be good. I like fillers that add more rather than take away and that I can't totally tell they're fillers. Definite no-no to filler arcs because they are always terrible. I mean, have there ever been good filler arcs?

9. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

I liked the Apis Arc of One Piece for what it was worth.

10. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

I agree :p Well actually every single Slayers ep is hilarious. Even though the situation is critical, BAM, funny scene.

PKMN is sometimes boring with those eps when Ash's not having a battle with a Gym Leader which my dad finds boring, nya~

11. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Dragon Ball Z comes to mind...or at least when I was a child.

12. Jolteon91

You know what has great filler? Gintama.

13. Charizard Champion#06

I used to be like that, then I noticed what was filler and what wasn't and started skipping.

Bleach does the same thing. Big fights are going on and then suddenly there's a huge break and the story shifts to some alternate reality.

14. PokeRhymeBeat

PokeRhymeBeat Well-Known Member

I do they flesh stuff out even if they don't really matter. I consider the manga and anime two separate beings tbh

15. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

If I have the entire season online to watch then its no biggie. Only getting new eps once per week and then to have it turn out to be filler is frustrating.

16. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Isn't Pokemon like 98.70% filler?

For me it depends if it drags the story to hell or not. Slayers is a good example of how filler should be done. Naruto on the other hand...

17. Jolteon91

Pokemon doesn't have a source to deviate from though, so would they would they really be fillers?

18. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Well people who watch Pokemon say either they like fillers or hate them. So they are in there somewhere.

19. Jolteon91

I know people call them filler, but filler usually suggests the show is showing something that never happened in the source material.

20. Charizard Champion#06