• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you actually like Filler episodes

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
I like it (most of the time); since it makes the series "feel" a bit longer. I don't like it for like Bleach or Naruto because they are quite long lol

Recon

I like it (most of the time); since it makes the series "feel" a bit longer. I don't like it for like Bleach or Naruto because they are quite long lol

Those two I think are the biggest offenders in terms of filler, with Naruto barely edging out Bleach.

The only filler that is good is if it was originally a filler chapter from the manga that is made to be longer (Fairy Tail is a prime example) or is similar in nature to the anime itself (Detective Conan/Case Closed usually involve murder mysteries and the fillers are usually one/two episode mysteries.)

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
I usually find fillers a bit annoying, because (from the shows I've seen) they usually aren't worked into the show that well. In the middle of an intense plot scene, I don't need a few character fillers thrown in.

I think the worst fillers I've seen is during Bleach for the random Kon episodes.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I can barely stand Kon just as a character, trying to center entire episodes around him...not so good.
Rather watch Kampfer, wouldn't you?

Last edited:

Akko

Strawberry Sunrise
Fillers are the worst... especially when they can make an arc out of them. Bleach and Naruto being the perfect example of this, obviously. When the first filler arc came out for Bleach I wish they replayed any of the first 3 seasons versus me having to watch that crap. Although, I did like the Zanpakutō: The Alternate Tale arc. It was the only one that was interesting to me

matt0044

I liked the Apis arc of One Piece.

SolidWolverine

I actually think some fillers are pretty awesome. Like the Naruto Shippuden fillers that ventured off into side stories about the tailed beasts. Despite all of the people who hate fillers, some fillers actually end up having some very nice content

Reimu

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
If it's a filler from the Manga, then i'm ok with it, they can be quite good sometimes.

Recon

Would you consider season 4 of Yu-Gi-Oh to be filler? It wasn't in the manga, and doesn't really do much besides showing massively angst Pharaoh.

Honesty, the anime took MANY creative liberties and had more fillers than it should have. Half the stuff that happened in Yu-Gi-Oh and it's sequel shows were not even based on what happened in the manga, and I don't even think there's a manga for that new Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh R was never even aired despite it being it's own manga series.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Rather watch what now?
An ecchi gender bender harem comedy because I'd definitely would rather watch it than one of Kon's outings (or even that beach episode which was canon material).

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Would you consider season 4 of Yu-Gi-Oh to be filler? It wasn't in the manga, and doesn't really do much besides showing massively angst Pharaoh.

Yeah I'd consider it filler. I'm probably the majority on this but I liked some of the Yu-Gi-Oh! filler.

An ecchi gender bender harem comedy because I'd definitely would rather watch it than one of Kon's outings (or even that beach episode which was canon material).

Do you mean Kampfer?

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
I guess, for me, it depends on the filler episode itself. I'm usually okay with them, but there are times where it just doesn't grab my attention and aren't entertaining at all. But I have to agree with BNator92 that there shouldn't be an excessive amount of filler episodes.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
I don't mind them as long as there's not massive strings of them one after another and there's actually some character development in them. I can only think of non-anime examples at the moment, but Avatar and Green Lantern The Animated Series does them in a way I like. Oh, and Tiger & Bunny.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
An season/series long story-ark can draw views into the series and keep them coming back for more; however, every episode does not need to contribute to this ark. In a word, yes, if they're good.

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
Honesty, the anime took MANY creative liberties and had more fillers than it should have. Half the stuff that happened in Yu-Gi-Oh and it's sequel shows were not even based on what happened in the manga, and I don't even think there's a manga for that new Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh R was never even aired despite it being it's own manga series.

I think the dub further messed it up by changing some of the dynamics of the show, although Dan Green will forever be my Yugi/Pharaoh. But yeah, the fourth season was just ridiculous. I really hated the whole story, although Pharaoh having a darker side was nice to revisit since he seemed to have gone from a murderous spirit to a tamed ally in just one season.