1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you aim to complete your PokeDex?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by ~Kurou, Jun 23, 2012.

1. ~Kurou

~Kurou to see you smile

Do you aim to complete your PokeDex in the games?

Basically what I'm askign is, do you ever want to complete the national dex? I'm talking about catching em' all!

Personnally, I've always wanted to catch em' all, but never actually have.

How about you?

2. Mudkipzroks

Mudkipzroks I like being nice!

I am trying to i have 471 pokemon and i will catch them all so yes i do aim to complete my pokedex

3. NightKrazy

NightKrazy Fire Queen

I wish I could catch em' all, but I lost my Hoenn region games [all 3 of em] and don't have easy access to wi-fi for trading, but if I did ever complete my national dex, then I would cherish that game and never ever restart it.

4. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

I've completed it twice in Gen 4. Once in Diamond, and once in HG. All 493.

I've been filling in my "seen" dex entries in BW lately, and might do what I can as far as breeding and evolving to get some more. Don't know if I'll go the whole thing though.

It is a lot of work though, and I'd rather spend my time battling and trading.

5. TeamRocketGrunt

TeamRocketGrunt WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo

My Unova dex is full, but national is too much work. Besides, that phrase is simply a marketing technique

6. sharkdude5

sharkdude5 Master of Chaos

Im still missing most of the sinnoh legendaries, but other than that I have almost all of my dex filled.

7. フェージングのエコー

フェージングのエコー The Boss of ur Boss

Yes I am aiming. I need to get some from Hoenn and a couple from Johto.

8. disposable_heroes

disposable_heroes <- Best PKMN Ever

Seeing as I missed the Arceus and Deoxys events, nope.

But I'll get as much filled in as possible.

9. AllyNidhogg

AllyNidhogg Double the fun!

Hahahah, nope. Way too impatient! :S

10. ebevan91

ebevan91 Well-Known Member

I'm a little over halfway there, but people don't respond to my trade requests in the trade forum, and there are too many dumb trades on the GTS.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  11. Archangel Azazel

Archangel Azazel Fallen Angel

I did along time ago in black ^_^ Well not really since I still need Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect >:

12. SoulMuse

SoulMuse Shadow of nothing

I have thought about it, and I one point, yeah I wanted to....but now days......now way.

13. Bokk

Bokk Well-Known Member

I'm trying to, but I have a long way to go.

14. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Well-Known Member

Yeah I always try to complete it. I do the regional dex first and then move on to national. Its a lot easier if you catch everything you haven't caught before, even if you caught the pre-evolution.

15. Legendary Charizard

Legendary Charizard Fire Master

I'm not interested in catching them all. I would rather battle in the games and spend my time doing something else.

16. zozo

zozo SLIMED!

I've always kind of wanted to fill the national dex, but it was only when HeartGold/SoulSilver rolled around that I decided to actually go for it. And I achieved it too!

In B/W, I just finished off the regional dex and called that good enough. Since I've already got the complete national dex in an earlier game, all I need are complete regional dexes in any games beyond that to have caught them all. I just won't have all of them on any single game. Not that I really care. Actually having them all is more important to me than seeing that lame diploma. ;D

17. GalladeX

GalladeX Well-Known Member

Never have, never will. I only try and get the NationalDex.

18. Ironwaffles95

Ironwaffles95 Member

I've always wanted to, but never actually have. When ever I've tried, I got side tracked by starting a new file on one of my older games (like sapphire) in order to get more rare pokemon, or I randomly come up with an idea for a new team I wan to make and pursue that. Sooner or later I will do it.

19. I haven't tried to since Platinum, and before then never.

20. Mankanshoku Mako

Mankanshoku Mako Well-Known Member

I did it Platinum during 2009, but It's doubtful I'll ever do it again. I have games other than Pokemon to be playing, and battling is far more fun than collecting anyway.