• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you approve of Mewtwo getting a new forme?

Was giving Mewtwo a new forme a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 61 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 54 47.0%

• Total voters

NinjaMay

Death Scythe
The official Pokemon website ( http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-au ) Says; Who is this new Pokemon?
I think this could mean that it is not a new Mewtwo forme, but rather a new Pokemon altogether. (Hell, it could even be Mewthree.) It might not mean that at all, however. I could be mis-interpreting it. Maybe I'm thinking too much. :s

EDIT: And I have just read the news that is a new Mewtwo forme, and feel pretty stupid, hehe. Anyway, I'll definitely be getting this forme! ;D

Last edited:
I kind of wish that it would have been a new Pokemon, but I'm content with the form. I like the design, so it being a form doesn't change things. I've never been a huge fan of Mewtwo's original design, but I absolutely love this thing. I'm probably going to have it on my team.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, I'll admit I kinda like the new form's design, just as much, if not more than Mewtwo's original design. I've always wanted to try for a shiny Mewtwo, and I've had plans for it since before this news came up, but seeing this is a new form for Mewtwo motivates me to go for it even more. I'm rather interested to see its stats an such compared to Mewtwo in its standard form.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I've liked the new design from the moment I saw it, when it first got leaked. But, this isn't a discussion on the Pokemon's design, is it?

This new form, if anything, is being used as a symbol. Here GameFreak is, taking Pokemon to a new handheld as they often do, but this time making it abundantly clear: things will change. They kept it slow at first, revealing a standard myriad of starters and a couple of Legendaries, both of whom stand among some of the most detailed Pokemon created. Admit it, though; none of the original five revealed Pokemon were nearly as shocking to you as the games' names were. Colors turned into metals that were also used to describe colors, segueing into gems before reverting to "colors" again in the form of shades. While different, the connection between the names of the main series games were evident. Now, the version names have been overhauled entirely, using what could be anything from simple letters to the two axis which make up our world. Then we have another new Pokemon, a new evolution of Eevee whose type isn't just being kept secret; they're making a big deal about it being secret.

This new form is just the next in the line of "shock reveals" that serve the purpose of making GameFreak's intent clear: things will never be the same again. Now, let's be fair here, the biggest criticism that the main series Pokemon game receives is its formulaic nature, that the games are too afraid to break from their norm and establish new ideas. The fact that the newest versions simply have "2" slapped on the ends of their titles did the franchise no favors outside of its hard fanbase. Personally, I can think of no better way to catch the attention of the more casual Pokemon players, those who can't even be called real fans, than to give a drastic change to one of the franchise's most recognizable and beloved characters.

I have a cousin. Him and I have been avid Pokemon fans since I has 7, and he 5. From Red and Blue to Diamond and Pearl, Pokemon consumed us. As we expanded our game knowledge, I stuck with the Pokemon franchise, and he lost interest. I doubt his Diamond version had much more than twenty hours logged onto it at its peak. Never have I seen him take any interest in Pokemon-related news since then, until the day I revealed GameFreak's plans for Mewtwo. Even if only for a moment, I saw in him something that I haven't seen spark in him since our youth: an interest in a Pokemon game. That is the purpose of this new form, and if there are others with similar stories to mine, then its a purpose being well served. The main series Pokemon games in for a change, and out of a combination of excitement, curiosity, and no small dosage of fear, the hype is escalating.

This makes my final answer a difficult one. If these new coming changes are good, then I wholeheartedly approve of Mewtwo's new form. It means that this new form has done its job in raising interest in what many consider to be a stale franchise, and that this new form could almost single-handedly end up being credited for breathing new life into the world of Pokemon.

On the other hand, there are the things I fear. Will "change" take the form of less content? Will our beloved turn-based franchise be plagued with action timers of quick-time events? If so, then the boosted pre-orders from fans old and new, many of which will be based around this new form, will simply serve to reward GameFreak for ruining a beloved franchise, assuring that the trends would continue until there remained no body left to be corrupted. In this situation, the new Mewtwo form would simply be a reminder of a marketing ploy that killed one of the few things that many of us can still find joy in, and I don't think anyone could approve of that.

Mewtwo415

Minecraft Hacker
I believe that this new Mewtwo forme is not a good thing. Mewtwo has the highest special attack other than White Kuyrem, so why should Gamefreak make a new forme for him? As soon as I saw the new forme, I saw another reason not to get X and Y. I mean, come on, it's only for 3DS? Why would I buy a 3DS just to get a new Pokemon game with Pokemon who look awful and are basically copies of other Pokemon. I think Gamefreak is running out of ideas if they are making a new form for Mewtwo after 5 Generations.

Kirikoe

Dragon master
This isnt a new forme of mewtwo given that Mewtwo was a clone of Mew and one does not evolve into the other, it's very likely this new Pokemon will follow the same pattern.. its possible that this will be mewthree ?

The Head Honchkrow

Gosh, yes. We're up to... what, 10 now? Out of soon-to-be 800 or so? Every single one. Absolutely.

It makes nothing worse. Don't use the formes if they bother you that intensely.

Oh lord. "Suicide"? "Massive fan backlash"? No. Stop. Is it possible you're overreacting here, just a touch? (hint: yes. yes, you are)

BCVM22. He's about kickin' *** and taking names[/likeaboss]

Anyway, on to the topic at hand...

For me, I find this a very difficult question to answer, 'cause while I have no particular qualms with "Newtwo" as far as design goes, was it a good idea?....
Well, it was ballsy of them, I'll give them that. And I believe GF had good intentions, as The Pokemon Company recently stated that they're making an effort to make sure X/Y appeals to veterans and newcomers, and I think "Newtwo" is supposed to be part of that effort.
It's just that the veteran fanbase took it the wrong way.

~The Head Honchkrow~

voicerocker

Platinum Master
This isnt a new forme of mewtwo given that Mewtwo was a clone of Mew and one does not evolve into the other, it's very likely this new Pokemon will follow the same pattern.. its possible that this will be mewthree ?

No, the form has been confirmed to be Mewtwo, not a new Pokemon.

=====

I just don't see anything positive about this being a new Mewtwo form. The new form doesn't look like Mew, even though it will still be called "Mewtwo". IMO, it looks weaker than its original form. The rumored "Eclair/Lightning" name for the form seems to suggest Mewtwo will become faster, which just seems like a gimmick for it to find a way to beat Extremespeed Genesect in the movie.

This is the first time I've ever outright not liked a form or Pokemon GameFreak has introduced. I questioned the Keldeo form, but knowing the Sacred Swordsmen are based on the 3 Musketeers, I felt the form made sense even if it didn't change anything but its appearance. This time, I don't think the in-game explanation for why Mewtwo suddenly discovered this new form will make me accept it.

As I've said before, I feel like this is Pokemon's Super Saiyan God and that Mewtwo having another forme like this doesn't make sense.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I like the original Mewtwo form more, but that doesn't mean I don't totally dig this new form. It makes me want to trade all of my Mewtwo the Pokemon X and start transforming them.

Darth Revan

Coming Out!
Hell to the FREAKING NO!

I've grown up on Gen 1. I was happy in the 4th Gen when they gave some of the old Pokemon new evolutions. And I was fine with the formes up until now, even though it's getting to close to SOME POKEMON RIPOFFS we've all heard about, but giving Mewtwo, the FIRST DAMN LEGENDARY. Some sort of ugly new "Form" is BLASPHEMOUS! Please tell me it will be MewThree, i can live with MewThree but that is just WRONG. Mewtwo is an icon for the Pokemon fanbase, or at least he SHOULD be, and should be treated with respect.

*Pretend I'm making the voice of someone who sounds very stupid (I'm refraining from using the R word)*
Duh, I tink we shuld make dat MewTwo guy nobody cares about, into a new mega-ultra-superduper- transformer-god forme. Hey its not like we care about the people who buy our crap. Duh DUrrrr

Rant over

It's a good design. Just not for MewTwo.

Enjolras

Master of the House
It's a little awkward as to why they would make one. Seeing what happened after the Mewtwo experiment, it seems pretty dumb if any other scientist tries to make another Mew clone.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
*Pretend I'm making the voice of someone who sounds very stupid (I'm refraining from using the R word)*
Duh, I tink we shuld make dat MewTwo guy nobody cares about, into a new mega-ultra-superduper- transformer-god forme. Hey its not like we care about the people who buy our crap. Duh DUrrrr
Pokemon is made, it's sold in stores, and people buy it. The second most successful franchise was not made by a group of idiots who use illicit subtances for their imagination.

Dingo282 said:
It's a little awkward as to why they would make one. Seeing what happened after the Mewtwo experiment, it seems pretty dumb if any other scientist tries to make another Mew clone.
This has been confirmed to be Mewtwo in another guise, so it is likely that there is another story "that we don't know about".

Last edited:

epic mew

Zorark + mew = death
MY OPINION ONLY:
I think no, It look just...how do i put this ugly
and i dont really love it, but its better then nothing, at least give a new sigmove for me to LIKE it

eevee186

eevee girl
I like that they decided to go back to gen 1 pokemon and made some additions. I don't mind the new forme since it is not a MAJOR change but i'm still not sure how it is going to fit in and hope it is worthy of altering a gen 1 pokemon. and this forme better be just as good as mewtwo, or better!

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
No, the new form is uglier and pointless. If it was confirmed to be a mewthree then that would be different.

Gurk

As long as the philosophy behind this new form is something other than making Mewtwo more marketable, cute and child-friendly (honestly, Mewtwo was pretty scary imo when I was a twerp), then it's fine. Maybe there's a wicked story behind the change or something.

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
As long as the philosophy behind this new form is something other than making Mewtwo more marketable, cute and child-friendly (honestly, Mewtwo was pretty scary imo when I was a twerp), then it's fine. Maybe there's a wicked story behind the change or something.

We all know there wont be one...