• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you approve of Mewtwo getting a new forme?

Was giving Mewtwo a new forme a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 61 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 54 47.0%

• Total voters

No. 1 Machop Fan

So, as everyone knows, Mewtwo has a new forme. But do you think this was a good idea?

I personally think not, for two reasons:

Firstly, I have grown sick of Game Freak giving every single new legendary Pokémon multiple formes, and going as far as to give old Pokémon new forms (which I see as treading on sacred ground, especially Mewtwo) just makes things worse.

Secondly, changing a classic, an icon that makes Pokémon as well-known as it is, is suicide IMO. If they gave Pikachu a second forme, imagine the backlash they'd get then! Mewtwo is no different. Changing the Mewtwo everyone knows and loves by giving it a new forme is also going to cause massive fan backlash, from present and past fans alike.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Firstly, I have grown sick of Game Freak giving every single new Pokémon multiple formes

Gosh, yes. We're up to... what, 10 now? Out of soon-to-be 800 or so? Every single one. Absolutely.

and going as far as to give old Pokémon new forms (which I see as treading on sacred ground, especially Mewtwo) just makes things worse.

It makes nothing worse. Don't use the formes if they bother you that intensely.

Secondly, changing a classic, an icon that makes Pokémon as well-known as it is, is suicide IMO. If they gave Pikachu a second forme, imagine the backlash they'd get then! Mewtwo is no different. Changing the Mewtwo everyone knows and loves by giving it a new forme is also going to cause massive fan backlash, from present and past fans alike.

Oh lord. "Suicide"? "Massive fan backlash"? No. Stop. Is it possible you're overreacting here, just a touch? (hint: yes. yes, you are)

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
It's more likely to be another variation of the Mew family rather than a forme. Because this new "forme" has a large head, stereotypical smart-*** look, we can pretty much cross out that he would have higher physical attack than Mewtwo, he's even smaller that Mewtwo. Mewtwo already possess high Sp.Atk so why would they amplify that?

Also, with X and Y being possibly linked to gene technology and the fact that Genesect is genetically modified and that Mewtwo is a clone, we can draw the conclusion that this will be a game that has genetics linked to it. The new team or whatever could've attempted to clone Mew (or Mewtwo) again. There's bound to be some link story wise between Genesect and Mewtwo. Maybe we'll see Rocket and Plasma return? They both got their signature Pokemon involved.

Also, I'm calling out Jean as the female protagonist's name right now!

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
If it is a new FORM of Mewtwo?

No, I don't really like that.

If it ends up being its own, separate pokemon?

Yeah, I'm fine with that.

GreenHero

Master Of The Clouds
Well, as long as it's not some useless other form of Mewtwo, only available for that game only, Then I'll be fine. MEWTHREE ANYONE?

Furret-Luver

yummy berries
I'm not to excited about the new mewtwo form. mewtwo is one of the most classic pokemon (next to pikachu) and the first legendary. if you wanted to give him a new form, GameFreak should have done it 5 generaions ago, NOT NOW.

but lets just say it's a hole new pokemon: i would defenetly feel less ressentful too it, and probably more accepting.

*~Silver*~

I can never pick sides on this sort of thing... xD

I find it extremely odd that they're just now making a new Mewtwo form after so long, and they'd better have a good story line to go with it, but the form really does look cool. I really do like how it looks. xD

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yes, I love his new forme

Chrosion

#1 waifu
Looking at my avatar, you can already tell. It might be just Mewthree, considering the site never referred to it as a form, and instead a new Pokemon. Plus, everyone has always wanted a Mewthree, so when it actually comes out, I better not hear any *****in'. -__- Then again, they kept on saying how it shares many traits with Mewtwo, so it might just be a massive trolling by the Pokemon Company, meaning a new forme. Either way I'm cool with it.

Kalosian

So long
Yes, I strongly approve of it. I like Pokemon getting new forms, it has always been a great feature in the past. I am also happy they decided to give a Pokemon from first gen a new form as many of the older Pokemon look quite bad in my opinion. When I first saw it, I didn't look at the whole picture, so I missed its body and thought it was just a head with a tail, a sort of snake-like thing. I thought it looked a bit weird. Then I saw the whole picture and noticed it had a body as well, making it look a bit more normal. And when I saw the video today, I was hooked. I really like it. Doesn't matter if it is a new form of Mewtwo or a new Pokemon altogether, I am positive to it.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Did I like and approve of it when it was first leaked? No, I didn't. But since it was officially revealed, I have come to accept this Mewtwo Form/Lookalike. I know that in time, I probably will come to both like and approve of it as I have most other forms/Pokemon. That is, if it isn't a purely aesthetic form like Keldeo's.

Scammel

I think it looks great (well, now I do - the leak did the design no favours at all), it's suitably odd to fit in with Mewtwo's really rather twisted backstory and demeanour. Far from this 'ruining' the best known legendary of gen 1, I think this is a great way of bringing him back into the spotlight after beasties like Arceus (which I'm really not a fan of). I just hope the forme doesn't outshine the base forme stat-wise nor stray into the niche of that Deoxys occupies.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I approve with this becoming Mewthree

SlimShady

Kill your heroes
I approve with this becoming Mewthree

Exactly. But, as a new form, I don't approve. In fact, I hate it. I am tired of all of these new forms. They're just being made to reel in more cash.
Of course the new Mewtwo form gets a promo for a new movie. I was not shocked, and no one else should be.

Antyself

I like this idea for a new Mewtwo form, because it brings focus back to the first games. It draws people back to what Mewtwo is and I believe it is an attempt by the people over at Game Freak to try and draw some of the older players back to pokemon. By giving it a new form, it's like having an old game yet still showing new and creative ways for the game to in a sense evolve.