• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada

Banned
um no, he's not going to accomplish much anytime soon

HetaOni

Chesaught
I believe Ash will finish what he started...
20 or so years from now.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
He wont Accomplish his goals until The end of the anime, which won't end until the games are over, Which wont be for a very very long time.

Cytral

When he is going to use all of his pokemon and not only the ones he caught in that area (season).. Why doesn't Catch Ash never a really strong pokemon Like Dragonite or Ursaring, A Big strong Pokemon .. Or maybe a legendary pokemon? He caught only little cute pokemons.. Every Journey he starts with only his pikachu, you may think pikachu wins everything with the experience he has and is level 80 or something like that.. Butt with the beginning of every journey Pikachu starts weak like level 10 or something.. And why not using the pokemon he has caught in earlier Journeys??

When he starts doing that, maybe hes gonna win a league.. But he wil never be a Pokemon Master because that means the ending of the serie Pokemon..

Canada

Banned

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
he will finish his journey.........when we are all deceased!!!

Master Ask

I am your Greninja
I hope Ash makes it into the top 2 or 4 at least in 6th generation. Just hoping!

Colt45

Cobalt
I wish they would let him win a frickin' league, but it looks like that's never going to happen :/ Goddamit writers, it's so cliched to have in come in the top 8 at this point. He's done that THREE times. XP

sandy ketchum

The writers will never let him win a league as long as he is popular and the merchandise sells. they will let him win when the ratings hit rock bottom and evenntually end it, then they will have to go back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

Kanix

The writers will never let him win a league as long as he is popular and the merchandise sells. they will let him win when the ratings hit rock bottom and evenntually end it, then they will have to go back to the drawing board.
This is pretty much exactly what I wanted to say. And when that all eventually happens everyone can expect Ash V2, whoever that'd be.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
This is pretty much exactly what I wanted to say. And when that all eventually happens everyone can expect Ash V2, whoever that'd be.

Not only that but Ash sucks

Ash keeps a little yellow rat thing who can't even beat a Snivy in Unova! He releases Charizard, Lapras, Squirtle, and Pidgeotto, his best pokemon which is sad since they all get raped by thunderbolt. Ash also never evolved his pokes. All in all ash sucks lol, people want to watch because they have faith he will get better. I just stopped watching after Kanto, Johto and the Orange Islands.

BlueWartortle

ぶル ワルとルツル
tvtropes explains it perfectly with this and that

Aka Ash won't ever win, because he is the anime writers' puppet, not a character of his own. Even if he wins one, it won't be that important, because once again, he is the anime writers' puppet.

Ash will become a Pokemon Master some day. Then, this long series will end. After that, a new generation of Pokemon trainers will appear.

Aegon

He's on a master quest and [...] all I've got to do is believe in him?

But no, I do not. He could win a League only to be immediately annihilated by the Champion, I guess.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Sadly I stopped caring about Ash when AG ended. And as Ciccone said many fans have grown cynical. I am one of them. When Ash does when a league I probably won't care at all and the only reason I would want to see it at this point is for the chance that they end his story and move on to someone else, which IMO they should have done years ago. This is a shame because no fan should want to see him win the league for that reason. You should want to see him win a league because you like the character and want to root for him to succeed. I'm just not that kind of person anymore. I'm more curious on how many of us will still be watching the show when it does happen?

Do I believe in Ash Ketchum? I want to believe in him, but I can't. I can't brainwash myself anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.