• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy909

Just another guy
this guy gets it
i just wish the writers would stop making pikachu lose at the start of regions

i hear ya'. he loses to pokemon who must be what level 5? pikachu has had soooo much battle experience and yet it still loses to pokemon that are weak. ok... rant over. they won't let him win until they want to get rid of him. i WANT him to win... he has travelled enough... but sadly the writers won't let him have it.

PurpleTitan

King of Unova
Poor Ash... Never gonna achieve his dream because of Anime writers...

Sovahkiin

Ace Trainer
I'd like to believe that Ash will someday win a league. And maybe after he does, he'll have a child who can continue the show and go on a grand Pokemon journey. And once his child starts his/her journey, we can all stop watching the show. XD

CliveKoopa

i hear ya'. he loses to pokemon who must be what level 5? pikachu has had soooo much battle experience and yet it still loses to pokemon that are weak. ok... rant over. they won't let him win until they want to get rid of him. i WANT him to win... he has travelled enough... but sadly the writers won't let him have it.

No such thing as levels in the anime, mate. Strategy is the key to winning regardless of experience and type.

CakeGuy

Pastry Adventurer
He's the product of the young fan base and he will cater 4ever to the young fan base.

Pokemon should mature up a little, i'm afraid it will just go cater younger and younger.

Face it, the series will never grow up. Not saying its a bad thing.

PurpleTitan

King of Unova
I'd like to believe that Ash will someday win a league. And maybe after he does, he'll have a child who can continue the show and go on a grand Pokemon journey. And once his child starts his/her journey, we can all stop watching the show. XD
But who would be the mother? That would kill off a LOT of shippings.

Sovahkiin

Ace Trainer
But who would be the mother? That would kill off a LOT of shippings.

I don't know, they could use Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, or maybe the league champion he beats could be a female and they could fall in love. I don't know how it will happen, but it would be nice to see him retire.

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
I'm a Liverpool FC fan. To those of you who are familiar with the fact they haven't won a league title since 1990, me following Ash Ketchum through the various regions feels a lot like supporting Liverpool. The new season starts and you're full of hope that something magical might actually happen, only for it to fairly quickly fall flat so you just end up (once again) going through the motions until the season wraps up and you can once again look forward to the future and pray that next time it'll be different.

FastKirbyMKW

Eventually when the Pokemon anime comes to an end, which lets face it that isn't happening soon, my prediction would be that Ash wins a Pokemon league. Just because Ash wins a Pokemon league doesn't necessarily mean the whole series is coming to an end, but it would be sort of odd to have Ash win the Pokemon league and then the next season he wants to be determined to win it again.

Dr. Classy

Only RN with a PhD
Ash will never be as great as his father lol, does he even have one?

No I don't beleive in ash.

PurpleTitan

King of Unova
Here's a quote from the Advanced Battle theme song that I think sums up Trainers like Ash in the League: "They can't win, but they sure can try!". Somehow our hero can win the Battle Frontier, but the Pokemon League is too hard. The hell?

FallBird

Here's a quote from the Advanced Battle theme song that I think sums up Trainers like Ash in the League: "They can't win, but they sure can try!". Somehow our hero can win the Battle Frontier, but the Pokemon League is too hard. The hell?

Haha, not only can he not win the Pokemon League, he can't even beat a brand new trainer's brand new Snivy...
Way to go Ash. It was okay when he was terrible in the first season, but you'd think he'd learn.

Well I believed in Ash till Sinnoh. There was a continous development in his rankings. He could've actually won the Sinnoh league if it weren't for Tobias/\.

Macklin

Cobalion's Champion
My household doesn't believe in Ash, we believe in Red. Ash just happens to be a Red fanboy trying to live in his shoes.

CliveKoopa

I got an idea! Why don't we take Ash Ketchum....And PUSH him out of the anime! (SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS REFERENCE)

Or why not just have Pikachu thunderbolt him to death, that should surely rid us of him for good.

Joking :p

Nope. I mean I barely had any faith in him to begin with and what little remained vanished completely in BW. I don't expect great things from him. And yeah it's sad that some of us can't even trust that the main protagonist will accomplish much, but the writers are to blame here. They've trolled us too many times and now some of us have grown cynical. :c

Same here. rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.