• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I do people forget that when the world is in trouble he does something about it. not winning a league is no big deal since most mains in series don't

But who would be the mother? That would kill off a LOT of shippings.

Jessie XD

Hikatoshi26

I still believe in Ash as a main character this is a shounen series just look how long it took Naruto to be remotely cool and useful Ash will win a league but as long as pokemon is raking in the cash the creators are in no rush. That's how I see it. I would like for him to win something soon though I grew with pokemon since '98 and i would like to see some closure before my children start watching it lol.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I still believe in Ash as a main character this is a shounen series just look how long it took Naruto to be remotely cool and useful Ash will win a league but as long as pokemon is raking in the cash the creators are in no rush. That's how I see it. I would like for him to win something soon though I grew with pokemon since '98 and i would like to see some closure before my children start watching it lol.

He won the orange league and the BF with the latter being a canon event in the games. Plus he has saved the world many times. In my mind saving the world matters more then winning a league lol

Hikatoshi26

He won the orange league and the BF with the latter being a canon event in the games. Plus he has saved the world many times. In my mind saving the world matters more then winning a league lol

Valid point but the show purpose isnt him being apart of everyones legend but to win a regional league so he can go to the champions league.

OceanWaterOtter

No I don't believe in Ash, and I don't think anyone should. I find it really troubling that he isn't tormented by the fact that he's regressed. Before each tournament this generation, he vowed to win. But his vows were broken of course. He came up short each time yet never seemed to mind. Why is that? He didn't even seem to care too much when he lost to Trip time and time again. Do you remember when he lost to Paul at lake Verity? Do you remember how he was so angry that all he could do was grit his teeth? He couldn't even bring himself to congratulate Paul. I miss that kind of passion from him.

Hikatoshi26

No I don't believe in Ash, and I don't think anyone should. I find it really troubling that he isn't tormented by the fact that he's regressed. Before each tournament this generation, he vowed to win. But his vows were broken of course. He came up short each time yet never seemed to mind. Why is that? He didn't even seem to care too much when he lost to Trip time and time again. Do you remember when he lost to Paul at lake Verity? Do you remember how he was so angry that all he could do was grit his teeth? He couldn't even bring himself to congratulate Paul. I miss that kind of passion from him.

It just shows he cared about Trip as much as the Writers and Fans did.....Not at all

OceanWaterOtter

He should care though. Trip didn't have half the experience as him, or Paul for that matter. I guess I wish that Ash was a bit more of a cerebral character. One that feels shame and guilt when he doesn't achieve his goals. But I guess he's just more of a "la di da" "alright let's go!" kind of guy. He used to feel emotions though.

DamirezM2

I think he will win PL some day, when they decide to end the show.

He could win the Unova and Hoenn league if he used his older pokemon, not just ones that he caught in the region. I mean he could rotate a team of his strongest pokemon through tournament, and he's got pretty good pokemon but he won't use it. + they should make some of his water pokemon evolve (I know it's not all about evolving but still...). none of his water types evolved except for krabby (and he barely used him)/ not counting palpitoad because he caught it evolved.

thor94

I don't believe in ash.
Unova have been a big humiliation for him.
He has lost all tournament he suscribed (and there was numerous in best wishes arc), a first for him (before he won one or two competitions)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Nah. I never really believed in him in Kanto, so how the hell am I supposed to in Unova? Maybe somewhere in Sinnoh, I did. That's until Darkrai took out most of Ash's pokemon.

Breeder Drew

*CoughOrangeIslandscough*

But anyway, I significantly he ever will until the anime ends. Which is unfortunate, because there were some really good storylines that the writers could have had if he had.

Enjolras

Master of the House
Yeah, he technically has won a league. But will he ever win an actual main series league? Of course not. He might win some more "mini" leagues later on, but never the main one.

cmpunk1

It would be nice if he finally became the league champion and became what he wanted to be. Then they followed the journey of of some new trainer from pallet and there aim was to reach the heights that Ash did, finally challenging Ash for a passing of the torch moment.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
I believe in The Shield...

I really don't get where people think Ash is an absolute failure because he doesn't win a tournament of the best trainers in that region. People forget that the Gym Leaders aren't the best trainers. All of the trainers in the Pokemon League have beaten 8 Gym Leaders too, so people aren't giving enough credit to the other competitors.

Ash defeated Lance of the Orange League, who was their great undefeated champion. That's right: Ash beat an undefeated champion, so he's not a failure. And when he does compete in the Pokemon League tournaments, he goes much further than a lot of the other trainers do.

So saying Ash is a pathetic loser because he isn't #1 is like saying the Olympic athletes who win silver or bronze metals suck at their sport too.

One more thing: Ash's main goal is NOT to win the Pokemon League, it is to be a Pokemon Master. Winning the League would be a big step in that direction, but he wants to be THE best ever, not just in 1 region.

EDIT: And why does it matter if he stays 10 or not? It's a cartoon. Characters not aging is not uncommon. Remember One Piece, one of the most popular anime in the world? Yeah, same thing, characters don't age and has hundreds of episodes... I don't see anyone hating One Piece because everyone is the same age as they were in 1999.

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I believe in The Shield...

I really don't get where people think Ash is an absolute failure because he doesn't win a tournament of the best trainers in that region. People forget that the Gym Leaders aren't the best trainers. All of the trainers in the Pokemon League have beaten 8 Gym Leaders too, so people aren't giving enough credit to the other competitors.

Ash defeated Lance of the Orange League, who was their great undefeated champion. That's right: Ash beat an undefeated champion, so he's not a failure. And when he does compete in the Pokemon League tournaments, he goes much further than a lot of the other trainers do.

So saying Ash is a pathetic loser because he isn't #1 is like saying the Olympic athletes who win silver or bronze metals suck at their sport too.

One more thing: Ash's main goal is NOT to win the Pokemon League, it is to be a Pokemon Master. Winning the League would be a big step in that direction, but he wants to be THE best ever, not just in 1 region.

EDIT: And why does it matter if he stays 10 or not? It's a cartoon. Characters not aging is not uncommon. Remember One Piece, one of the most popular anime in the world? Yeah, same thing, characters don't age and has hundreds of episodes... I don't see anyone hating One Piece because everyone is the same age as they were in 1999.
All of these are good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.