• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecutecelefable

the fairy trainer
my theory its all a dream and ash is going to wake up in his bed its the reason he is still but all seriousness I Still believe in him the place might be just small other wise I believe he would have age at least three years or so

lara lynx

He did win the Orange league, and I think he probably will win again in the future, and then he'll take the trophy home to his mum, who will display it proudly while Ash forgets about it and carries on.
Most people assume that Ash winning a league will be the automatic end of the series, but I disagree because I think they'll just carry on. And if Ash starts getting terrible ratings, they'll reboot the series with a new main trainer, because lets be honest, its all about making money for the producers, and they're going to milk it for all its worth.

Originally, wasn't the idea supposed to be that a pokemon master is someone whos caught and trained every pokemon? In which case Ash fails MISERABLY because he doesn't often focus on getting new pokemon except around the start of a season.

On the age thing, I would personally love to see Ash age. Like maybe they could set a season a few years after the previous one. I just feel like it would make us believe Ash is capable to developing XD

thecuteclefable said:
my theory its all a dream and ash is going to wake up in his bed its the reason he is still but all seriousness I Still believe in him the place might be just small other wise I believe he would have age at least three years or so
There's a great fan theory on the internet about Ash being in a coma since the first episode when he was attacked XD it would make a great explanation...

Rayquaza07

King of Uber tier
"Do you believe ash will ever win a pokemon league? Do you think he will be the trainer he set out to be one day?
Ash loses every league he enters. Ash is a horrid trainer, will he surpass that one day? What do you think?"

for the 1st one prob not in our lifetimes for the 2nd one he is going to have to explain what a pokemon master is(i guess he is the best pikachu user in the world LOL)
for the 3rd one prob not

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I believe he'll win a league one day. Just not any time soon

Rayquaza07

King of Uber tier
There are also fan theories about Ho-oh and celibi making ash stay 10

PurpleTitan

King of Unova
There are also fan theories about Ho-oh and celibi making ash stay 10
That's a bunch of bunk. He's a CARTOON CHARACTER. They don't age. Usually. I mean, how long has Bart Simpson been ten? 20 years?

Hikatoshi26

That's a bunch of bunk. He's a CARTOON CHARACTER. They don't age. Usually. I mean, how long has Bart Simpson been ten? 20 years?

valid point but pokemon uses so many time elements that the fact he hasnt aged is just weird. Also there a tons of anime that age their ppl Digimon and Sonic X being too 4kids examples lol.

Hikatoshi26

The fact 4Kids is a dubbing company doesn't make a point. At all.

I was using 4kids as a company that brought various animes to America the point I made certain anime age and others don't Digimon aged Pokemon stops at the 364th day....

Imma be point blank about this, if Ash used all of his strongest pokemon, he would curb stomp everybody. I mean come on, Pikachu and Charizard are like gods, Charizard held his own against a frikin LEGENDARY! For crying out loud! Sceptile knocked out a Darkrai in the Sinnoh league, and the list goes on and on. The problem, as has be echoed by many, is lazy writing by the directors of the Anime. So in conclusion, of course I still believe in him!

Nauran

I do believe he will become a Pokemon Master.

When the writers have had enough, we will finally reach a satisfying end to this anime series.

Until then, I just have to not die.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Uh huh. Whatever. Sceptile would have taken him down weakened or not.

If only the writers would have let him he could. But if they didn't so no. However, that's not what this thread is about. Even if he would have somehow defeated Tobias, who knows if the writers would have let him beat the trainer that was after him or not.

But to answer the question, I guess it depends on the situation. If it is a gym battle, then I believe in him most of the time. But if it's normal battles, ever since he came to Unova he hasn't been as good at winning regular battles like he was back in Hoenn, Johto and so fourth, so my confidence in him is weak. In leagues, since he never won a real one, I gave up on him long ago. Even Don battles or whatever Do George had panned doesn't seem like something in his favor. That is if Iris, Cilan and his rivals are there. So it all depends.

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Sceptile only knocked that Darkrai because it had been weakened.

The Darkrai defeated Heracross, Torkoal and Gible. It had healed from Heracross via dream eater and was trying to heal from Sceptile through the same move, however Sceptile recovered in time. Personally looking at the match, I'd say Sceptile took it down fair and square, and the use of dream eater kinda cancelled out the damage from the other moves.

thebestpokemontrainer

Pokemon Master
pokemon uses so many time elements that the fact he hasnt aged is just weird.

This guy gets it.

Also... getting back on topic, there's no reason Ash can't win the
league tournaments, defeat the Elite 4 & than the champion. He
resets at the end of every region anyway... what difference
would it make if he won? He's an OL & BF champion, seeing
him place as low as he does is shameful to those leagues...

His goal is to become "A Pokemon Master" that sounds to me
like someone who's defeated every champion in the land,
proven himself to be the "very best". Not a guy that can
barely place top 8 after his fifth region...

Last edited:

fitzy909

Just another guy
This guy gets it.

Also... getting back on topic, there's no reason Ash can't win the
league tournaments, defeat the Elite 4 & than the champion. He
resets at the end of every region anyway... what difference
would it make if he won? He's an OL & BF champion, seeing
him place as low as he does is shameful to those leagues...

His goal is to become "A Pokemon Master" that sounds to me
like someone who's defeated every champion in the land,
proven himself to be the "very best". Not a guy that can
barely place top 8 after his fifth region...

i get what you mean. i don't get how he can beat the battle frontier, which is difficult even after you have beaten the elite four, and yet not win the leagues. i mean sometimes he shows potential, but the writers won't let him win. which i don't understand...even if he won one league he would still carry on, because he wants to be a master and beat every trainer.

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
Yes and no, Ash has disappointed us in numerous battles and he has made us believe that he is capable of reaching the achievable. It's just that it is not due to Ash's skills as a trainer it's due to his Pokemon; Pikachu is Ash's only Pokemon to follow him to every region but he sometimes manages to lose to the most pathetic and worthless of Pokemon (Elekid, Panpour etc), but surprises us by beating uber Pokemon like Regice and Latios and Pseudo legendaries like Dragonite. Getting back on track with Ash he is a Pokemon trainer who makes a lot of friends and rivals along the way and he has to deal with hardships in the future, maybe he hasn't won a region because he is still growing as a trainer and someday he will probably become a champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.