• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Simple as the title states. Do you believe ash will ever win a pokemon league? Do you think he will be the trainer he set out to be one day?
Ash loses every league he enters. Ash is a horrid trainer, will he surpass that one day? What do you think? I don't think ash will ever be great because the creators need to keep the show running.

Last edited:

Sunglasses Krookodile

King Of The Kroks
I like ash as a character and I'm alway hoping that he will win a pokemon league, just because he wins a pokemon league doesn't mean that he is a pokemon master I feel there are probably numerous ways to carry on the story of ash & pikachu.

I kinda hope he wins a league before I get to old to carry on watching this series or before I get bored of watching the same thing happen every region, I probably have high hopes that one day he will be who he wants to be.

RVD_fan

Yes I do. When the right time comes, Ash will win the Pokemon League, and in the next arc Ash will compete in the Champion's League and eventually win.

KillerDraco

Nope. Unfortunately he was doomed with lazy writers. And as long as that is true, he'll never break out of his cycle of predictable losses.

Last edited:

Ver-mont

Of course he won't win, he will be perpetually chasing his dream so the anime can make more seasons out of his adventure.

I wouldn't doubt that... at least 20 years from now, I'm not in a hurry... my kids will still be watching Ash fail miserably in his career.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Nope. I mean I barely had any faith in him to begin with and what little remained vanished completely in BW. I don't expect great things from him. And yeah it's sad that some of us can't even trust that the main protagonist will accomplish much, but the writers are to blame here. They've trolled us too many times and now some of us have grown cynical. :c

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I believe Ash will win a League and become Champion one of these days, but once he does, the anime may come to an end, and who knows when that will be. I can't see it happening for a long time, though, so I'm not holding my breath over it.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
Well, Ash still is 10 years old, there still a long way ahead for him, he has been good during his progress, but there's one thing that I doubt to him. I think that Ash need to evolve his good-caliber pokemons.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well, Ash still is 10 years old, there still a long way ahead for him, he has been good during his progress, but there's one thing that I doubt to him. I think that Ash need to evolve his good-caliber pokemons.

He'll always be ten though. So he won't really progress, especially if the writers pull another BW down the line and have Ash revert to a rookie instead. And I don't think having a ton of fully evolved Pokemon really matters if Ash can't properly command them in battle. Like, he makes way too many mistakes to be trusted to handle them well in a battle.

I am Lu

It depends on how the series ends. Either it ends with Ash winning a league, or it ends on an open-ended note in which we don't know what Ash's future is, but we know he'll continue his adventure with Pikachu. In the latter case, I'd still like to think he'll one day be successful in achieving his dream.

diakyu

I think they will have to eventually have to end his story. They just can't go on with him forever. Do I think it'll be anytime soon? Heck no. Might not even be in the next ten years. But when that time comes he'll win the league. And I'll be there watching. Even if I'm 93 and laying on my deathbed.

And I always feel bad when people call Ash a horrid trainer. He beat the Battle frontier, I've never even gotten more than three symbols.

psychonerderer

I know ash exists because i met him in person. i was drinking swaiaiilii spirit tea, and flew in on charizard, and told me that we are all one conciousness, experience itself from all angles simultaneously. then, he told me god is love, and you can do no wrong as long as positive message can be learned. then he turned into a dope smoking caterpillar, and, in a puff of smoke, metamorphed into a butterfly, and flew away, shouting;

"One side makes you taller, the other side makes you shorter..."

golduck#1

I reckon he will. Just because he wins one Pokemon league doens't make him the Pokemon master. He has Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova to complete first to he becomes that Pokemon master. It also doesn't mean the series will end if he wins. So yes, I think he will one day.

tcg

私は日本語が話せない
Sadly, if he stays 10 forever he'll never be a league winner. Poor ash

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Honestly, I don't want the anime without him.
They could evolve his character further, slowly. He's a bit more older, wins the league/becomes Champion, there's a whole new story of how he has to deal with his journey, position and new-found fame.

They must make him older for him to continue till the very end.
I get why they're trying to keep him young, to get the younger generation into the anime, like it did for us when we were growing up.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
not until the series finale and even then i doubt he will succeed in his goal and will wind up giving it up.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
not until the series finale and even then i doubt he will succeed in his goal and will wind up giving it up.

Agreed, he's been slacking ever since he set foot on Route 1, I mean it gets sad how determined he is and how he loses it all in the matter of a few battles. And so castles made of sand, slip in the sea. Eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.