• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you believe in Ash Ketchum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizefall

I kinda wished the Pokemon anime followed Yugioh as an example. Changing characters each new series, Ash/Red should have made a comeback at the end of the GEN 2 anime when the new trainer meets Ash and we are all like OMG IT'S HIM T____T.

I dunno i just think that would have been a different format, relates more to the games as well.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
For the sake of the show, I don't think he will ever win a Pokemon League.

For the sake of the show, I think that eventually, he'll have to win a league, even if it's just a filler league, or at least show that he has the capacity to do so but was prevented due to league interference and him eventually beating the league champion in a battle.

thor94

No, his kalos arrival show it.
An excited Ash, falling stupidly from boarding stairs.
An new region where Ash will be humiliated by an other rookie trainer during all his travel only to beat him during league conference

Sephora

yes I'm back
I think he will but only at the end of the anime.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

I root for the kid but the writers have it in for him.

Does winning a regional championship automatically end his story? All other shonen protagonists win many tournament arcs but Ash is cursed to finish no better than Top 4 for now.

Akarui Hoshi

The Bright Star
If the anime really lasts forever (and by forever, I mean a REALLY long time), then no. IF it ends EVENTUALLY, I think Ash will win the last League. And by winning Leagues, I mean tournament Leagues. He actually has won the Orange League, but it's just battling Drake and if you beat him, you win the League. He's also won the Kanto Battle Frontier, so he has some good accomplishments, but no tournament League win.

Last edited:

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
When I was a kid, yes I did...but now he seems to fail and lose a lot! He disappointed me so many times :(
So NOPE.

Lancetwister

All-or-Nothing!
After seeing Ash's battle with Clemont and his battle with Fletchling, I definitely have more hope for Ash than I did before but I heard he loses to Viola in a later episode so I want to see how that happens. Hopefully it isn't a total loss and Ash lost for a good reason.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
The writers will continue to humiliate Ash for some time, but if and when the ratings fall enough, they will have him win a league. Let's face it, it is a solid publicity stunt and they will have nothing to lose at that point.

I can't completely rule out him winning the Kalos league because the writers have become more trollish and unpredictable, but I expect it at around Gen 8 at earliest.

i believe ash in xy series

Lilypad

Pokemon Breeder
Brock has a better chance of finding love than Ash does at winning a pokemon league.

Ash keeps making the same mistake of using a pokemon whose type is ineffective against the opponent that it's just so annoying. There are times when he intentionally does it, and the battle may go in his favor, but the times where it's accidents, it just gets ridiculous.

Last edited:
If you guys watch a little of the new XY series he seems to have made great strides in his maturity like not freaking out when Froakie didn't listen, using an actual strategy to catch the Fletchling, and most of all not losing to the freshly caught Bunnelby. (I would have stopped watching if we saw a repeat of what happened with Snivy) Also on the first episode he made serious remarks about being tired of losing leagues which quite frankly shocked me seeing as in BW he started to seem like he didn't care as much. I feel like this is the progression that BW should have had and if there's more of this to come, then there is no reason I couldn't believe in the guy. Heck, he's even placed extremely well even when he wasn't putting even an ounce of thought to his decisions as a trainer (top 16 or better out of 200+ trainers in each league he participated in is pretty good to me)

So yeah, I believe in Ash as long as shows the progression he's shown so far instead of regressing like before.

greninjamaster

Do I believe in Ash Ketchum? That's not the question really the question is do I believe the writers believe Ash Ketchum will make it to becoming a pokemon master and tragically I say no. Until the last game is released which I doubt is anytime soon.

Yes I do believe in Ash but I don't think the writers do, at least not enough to win him a league.

Rykeus

Ash's constant dumb mistakes and decisions is what has kept the anime on the same track for 15 years. So, no. He will never change.

What they should've done plenty of times by now is finish Ash's story, let him win something, and move on to a new rookie trainer to continue the series properly, then repeat that formula.

samsparta21

I kind of think Ash will actually win the Kalos league. He did place Top 4 in Sinnoh, and it's about time he won something honestly

iraqmaster

Ash's constant dumb mistakes and decisions is what has kept the anime on the same track for 15 years. So, no. He will never change.

What they should've done plenty of times by now is finish Ash's story, let him win something, and move on to a new rookie trainer to continue the series properly, then repeat that formula.

I never understood why they never did this...Ash's story should have ended a long time ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.