• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you believe in astrology?

Do you believe in astrology?

• Yes

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 71.9%

• Total voters

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Ok, I'll admit - I'm not astrology-savvy, so I hardly have any knowledge to this. Anyway, are you one of the people who believes in astrology? You know, what's gonna happen on a certain day, whether you will emerge as a successful being or not, etc etc etc.

The reason why I'm posting this...well, let me put it this way by giving an example: Person A likes Person B, and has thoughts of a relationship. Unfortunately, Person C advises him not to go for it because of astrological reasons. Person A is a Gemini while Person B is a Virgo. Person C claims that Gemini and Virgo do not mix, thus may result in an obsolete relationship.

(btw, again I'm just making things up)

For some people, anything that's mentioned in the horoscopes are true, while some people just consider it BS because it's all lies. Whether you choose to believe it or not, that is up to you.

Anyway, as stated, do you believe in astrology? Me? I don't. I find it a waste of time to read.

Ectoplasmicblob

Eh.. not into that
I do to a certain extent :) I am fascinated by the Chinese signs, and I have some knowledge of the western ones you mentioned (by the way, I think Gemini and Virgo are actually a pretty good match).

But I do not let it get in the way of my decisions. I think if Person A truely cares for Person B, then they can make it work, all a relationship really needs is commitment and genuine care :D

I'm a vigo/dragon by the way. WHAT ARE YA'LL?!

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Guess which horoscope is for which sign!

Relationships of all kinds should be thriving at this time, (SIGN). Mind and emotions join together in a beneficial partnership, enabling you to increase your understanding of those close to you. Romantic involvements strengthen in particular, as an understanding of your partner's values, attitudes, and motivations becomes clearer to you. Make your new insights known to everyone around you, preferably in a subtle rather than verbal way. The latter might sound patronizing.

Intellect and feelings are totally joined today, (SIGN), especially when dealing with friends. Your basic understanding of others is also enhanced by a keener sense of intuition. You might become interested in a cause of some kind, perhaps metaphysical, social, ecological, or humanitarian in nature. There could well be more than one that you find appealing right now. Use your expanded mental and emotional capabilities to discern which are best for you.

Thoughts of travel could be on your mind today, (SIGN), and you might tinker with the idea of actually taking time off and going somewhere that you've always wanted to visit. A friend or love partner might want to accompany you. The only problem might be figuring out what place you want to see the most. This could involve a rather difficult decision. Don't let it become obsessive. Follow your heart.

(first is Libra, second is Ares, third is Leo)

Okay, how about shorter horoscopes? After all, those long ones can be awfully confusing!

You pride yourself on your mental flexibility, but today, you just can't see past one particular assumption. It may take a while to get to the bottom of it, but once it's challenged, everything else makes sense.

You're feeling a bit over the top right now, and ought to find that the more outrageously you behave, the more people are interested in what you've got to say. There are limits, but you might not reach them.

Everything is moving too quickly for you, and that could mean that you've got to pick up your own pace -- but that adds stress! If you can plug in a little extra time for a massage or something relaxing, you're good.

(Aquarius, Cancer, Virgo)

It's like that with every damn horoscope. It can apply to ANYONE, since they're always written super-vaguely. See also: The Forer Effect.

Astrology also means jack in relationships. Which makes sense, because astrological signs have zero effect on who you are.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
I don't think that astrology controls everything. However, I see it as a bit of fun to figure out people's possible personalities. Most people I have met fit their astrological profile.

Profesco

gone gently
Nah. One of the traits of my sign, Leo, is apparently "quick to anger." I don't like to make a habit of believing things that aren't true.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Astrology's complete nonsense and doesn't even "predict" correctly most of the time, so no, I don't believe in it. It is logically impossible so why should it even have any effect on anything?

No, the only way giant nuclear fusion bombs (aka stars) could affect me is by releasing a giant amount of gamma rays that reach Earth and kill me. (Oh and all the stuff the sun does to our planet)

Penguinist Trainer

I do to an extent. I don't base my whole life around horoscopes, but I'll read them once in awhile if a newspaper is lying around. I typically like to see if I might have a good day or bad day. Sometimes just hearing someone tell you you're going to have a good day is enough to change your outlook of the day.

But as I said, I don't base my whole life around them, it's just fun to read them, kinda like fortune cookies.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
No, the readings are always too general and require your own interpretation thus they never have a true meaning & are worthless. 6 billion people on the planet it's impossible that all virgos or leos on earth will have the same personality or same fortunes.

Dark Eevee

I do to a certain extent :) I am fascinated by the Chinese signs, and I have some knowledge of the western ones you mentioned (by the way, I think Gemini and Virgo are actually a pretty good match).

But I do not let it get in the way of my decisions. I think if Person A truely cares for Person B, then they can make it work, all a relationship really needs is commitment and genuine care :D

I'm a vigo/dragon by the way. WHAT ARE YA'LL?!

This ^

Cancer/Monkey

Haruka

Banned
If we're talking about horoscopes, no. That's obviously a bunch of bullshit. You can't predict how 1/12th of the population's day is going to be like, just from the month they were born in. Just no.

Now...I do believe that you can at least somewhat accurately predict how someone's personality is going to be like from their sign. I fit my sign perfectly, and I've never had a friend who didn't fit theirs either, even when they didn't know anything about astrology. Sure, there's many things that affect personality as a whole, but as I said, people tend to be at least 'somewhat' like their sign.

Oh, and before anyone says anything, no. I'm not saying that two people with incompatible signs can't date each other. I'm a fire sign who had a huge crush on a water sign for about the past two years. Even though it didn't work out, we still remain close friends. Astrologically speaking, we're supposed to loathe each other. Although I've noticed that two individuals in relationships who have different signs still do interact accordingly a lot.

I'm a Sagittarian rooster, by the way. ;257;

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I only believe the sign's personality thing. I fit the Taurus description perfectly and mostly all the people I have met seem to fit the personality of their signs perfectly.

herculehastings

No, I wouldn't say I believe in astrology. I hate horoscopes cuz they're too ambiguous and I don't comprehend what they're saying. However, I do like the personality inference side of astrology. I think it requires some manipulation to "force" people into the personality moulds created by their astrological signs, but I use the personality profiles to guide my character creation in roleplaying, when I can't think of a personality for them.

I'm a Capricorn/Monkey, by the way.