• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you believe in Astrology?

Do you believe in Astrology?

• Yes

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 33 84.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlisseyEX

The happiness Pokémon
I personally do not believe in astrology but I do love our galaxy ♥

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Astrology is fun to look at and laugh, but it is, by no means, a rational or scientific idea.

I did a talk on astrology, and I made the assertion that astrology was a precursor to astronomy where observers put "imagination into the sky" and came up with constellations.

However, astrology does not meet scientific standards. In that same talk, I have taken a birthday astrology personality description and labelled it with "fully agree", "somewhat agree", or "disagree", and nothing significant came from it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In my experience, many of the people that I've met and have gotten to know well do match the attributes of their star signs, so I believe in astrology.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It's fun to joke about, and technically the stars do have negligible gravitational pull on you, but I don't really believe it. Then again, you'll never be able to prove something is affecting your luck or not.

Scammel

Astrology is a fun, silly distraction, as are all forms of otherworldly prognostication. It's also complete and utter nonsense and I automatically think less of people who do believe in it. See also: ghosts, alien visitations, crystals, chakra, ad infinitum.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I don't, particularly, but I have infinite disdain for people who feel the need to proclaim their superiority for not believing and not participating, when it's not asked for. I've encountered more than one person - in real life and online - with the bizarre need to poke their nose into things and inform people who are minding their own business and talking about astrology that "it's not science!" and "it's not real!"

Like, plenty of people out there know it's not scientific in nature, chill. Let people live.

Astrology is a fun, silly distraction, as are all forms of otherworldly prognostication. It's also complete and utter nonsense and I automatically think less of people who do believe in it. See also: ghosts, alien visitations, crystals, chakra, ad infinitum.

Yes and yes.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
While the idea that the changing micro gravity of nearby celestial bodies, minute as it is, is enough to affect the mental development of a fetus in such a way that the brain chemistry is more inclined towards particular personality traits and mindsets is intriguing; such traits can also be more easily explained by the socio-economic status of the parents, genetics, upbringing, and the mother's diet during those 9 months.

Still a fun and interesting thought though.

Acerola

::A Smitten Kitten With One Mitten::
Yes I do!
I just got back into it actually hahaha
Seems pretty accurate to me c:

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Nope.

Imho asstrology is just a system which is sort used to describe you based on when you were born, while generally those same characteristics exist in anyone else, too! Although it is fun to explore how much everyones subjective relation to ourselves correlates with for example natal charts, there's still lots of genral stuff which doesn't have anything to do with the charts, same with transits. I feel we just create those connections ourselves, instead of astrology objectively defining "this will happen to you at this time etc etc". Besides, there are multiple different systems in astrology too, but which of them would be most reliable, aside from asking "what do you feel being the most accurate for you". Not sure how much astronomy differs as these are fairly new subjects to me overall. But when it comes to reliability, I'd prefer science or just plain common sense over mysticism. Doesn't mean astrology and such wouldn't be useful in creative affairs tho.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Unironic belief in astrology these days is cancerous. (I used to have an ex that always thought I was two-faced and tried to justify it by me being a Gemini. I'm not two-faced, but even if I was, it has nothing to do with astrology, because the only thing the stars have to do with our personality is that we're made of stardust.)

Gizmoduck

Burns eternally hot
It is definitely fun to get a vague insight into you, but I get worried when anyone actually views them with any real merit past that.

rajsharma

I must admit that I didn't believe in astrology earlier. However, after experiencing personalized readings and witnessing the accuracy of predictions, my perspective has changed. Astrology has provided me with valuable insights into my life, relationships, and career. It has helped me understand myself better and make informed decisions. You can have a free talk with an astrologer from the mPanchang website. The astrologers from this platform provide accurate predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.