• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you believe in supernatural things?

Do You Believe In the Supernatural?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orphalesion

Yep there's definitely the conceptual question whether the "supernatural" exist as a category.

Let's all assume, for the sake of this thought experiment that Alternate Dimensions, Clairvoyance, Reptilian Aliens, Ghosts, the Afterlife, Unicorns, God, Angels, Demons, Astral Planes, Psychic Powers, anything "supernatural" you can think of exists, but a lot of the stuff is just not detectable by the tools humanity has access to.

Does that make it "super natural" as in "beyond/outside of nature"? Or paranormal (contrary to normality/reality)? Or would it just be a part of the natural world we just don't understand (yet) or might even be biologically incapable of understanding? A a caveman wouldn't understand what a computer is and a creature like a field mouse would never be able to grasdp it, does that make a computer a supernatural device?
Is it so unlikely that (theoretically) there are concepts and things that humanity is simply incapable to understand? Does that make them supernatural? The difference between us and a fieldmouse is of course that humanity is awesome in figuring out stuff, but it might not be impossible that at some point, in spaces and concepts yet undreamed of, we'll reach our limits.

I think by its very definition everything that exist within the universe (and whatever lies beyond) is part of nature and ergo natural, whether we can make sense of it or not, so the "supernatural" in its strictest definition does not exist. And if it turns out that magic does exist after all, then that would be a natural thing as well.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
To an extent yes. I don't believe in astrological signs dictating how someone's life will turn out but I do believe that there are spirits of those who have died still roam the living world for one reason or another whether it be for unfinished business or to give some sort of message to those that see them. I also believe to an extent in Psychic powers in the form of being able to read auras and to a much lesser extent minds. I don't think we can ever truly see into the future but we can receive visions of events from both the past and present and a limited view of future events. There are many things that happen in this life that I don't think it's out of reason that supernatural things exist.

Viviaren

Smug Snek
I believe in ghosts since I've had my own experiences. My mum even lived in a haunted house for a few years in the early to mid 90s.
I don't entirely believe in all supernatural things, however. Ghosts, aliens, alternate dimensions, and cryptids I do, but psychic powers, telekinesis and the like, not so much. Not to say that it isn't possible, it's just that I need more solid evidence. So I'm not 100% skeptical of it, and it would be awesome if psychic powers were the real deal.

Last edited:

AnimePsyclone

Mew... Mew... Mew...
I am the most firm believer in the supernatural in my county(Maybe.)
Mew: Psyclone constantly says there’s a ghost in the house. Even when a door is closed, it opens. Stuff randomly falls despite not being on a ledge. Something supernatural may or may not be going on...
Thanks, Mew.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Okay I have to share this wether anyone believes me or not, I can't not talk about this.

For the last few days I notice that when I am not in control of my emotions ( any one emotion not just anger )
That things start flying, rolling, moving, falling, you name it.
No its not the places where they were sitting. I checked them so many times I lost track, I think I am doing it unconsciously.
Now people are gonna go Blah Blah thats impossible, blah blah.
Been there heard that so shut up.

I believe that anything IS possible, and I can be pretty stubborn so don't try to tell me im wrong

Orphalesion

Okay I have to share this wether anyone believes me or not, I can't not talk about this.

For the last few days I notice that when I am not in control of my emotions ( any one emotion not just anger )
That things start flying, rolling, moving, falling, you name it.
No its not the places where they were sitting. I checked them so many times I lost track, I think I am doing it unconsciously.
Now people are gonna go Blah Blah thats impossible, blah blah.
Been there heard that so shut up.

I believe that anything IS possible, and I can be pretty stubborn so don't try to tell me im wrong

Yep, poltergeist effect, sometimes believed to be a psionic phenomenon caused by a theoretical, dormant telekinetic/telepathic potential in humans. I have read its particularly common during puberty or during times of stress, or both.

It's quite possible.

Be careful though, that stuff can cause electric appliances to break, if it is particularly strong.

Last edited:

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
No its not poltrigest spirits stuff I had banished the last one and have set up a barrier of salt among other protections after what happend last time.
Yea I just saw that btw too.
I also notice that when that happens I also send out an Emp ( weak but still there )
this whole week has been stressful and I have been umm well not doing my daily routine of grounding my qi so.....

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Well, there is a theory that the poltergeist agent (aka, you the stressed person) is the one causing the activity, in which case barriers against spirits wouldn't work.

Yep, it's psionic rather than spiritual. "Poltergeist" might mean something akin to "rattling ghost" but it's not a separate demonic or spiritual entity, it's the human mind subconsciously tapping into our latent psionic potential.
At least that's what I believe.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Well thankfully I have the out bursts controlled ( and luckly no electronics broke ).

I also noticed that in my Chinese culture studies, that many myth beasts are common with other myths around the world, and theres an old saying " Legends and Myths all have a ring of truth to them" and it has my mind whirling to figure out what part of the beasts are true and whats, fabricated, I also have been drawn a lot to the Phoenix.....I dont know why though.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Hmm last two days, out bursts and strange things happening to me.
I really dont know why people find this hard to believe when I can see it plain as day, but Im not gonna go into that because It might end bad.

I do how ever believe in reincarnations now, because of a things I can recall a long time ago that I was not alive and around in, and so did my girlfriend.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yes I do. I wouldn't dare test my skeptical side when it comes to purposely trying to summon a ghost/spirit/demon/supernatural being and screw with my life. Sometimes those types of things makes us question if there's more to it than just an actual life after death but more as, what sticks to that being for it to harm or affect a living person.

As far as other things supernatural, I believe it as well. It's the reason why miracles happen. It's the reason why people have natural gut instincts. Whenever I sometimes think on what's to come, I get this itching, strong sensation in my mind showing me that I'll do something that'll then trigger an event, knowing the outcome will be satisfying. And when it does happen, it hits me like a ton of bricks. I also believe dreams do have a purpose in how you're feeling and what's been affecting you.

I say there's more to simple stuff than just by how you think of it.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
There are laws of nature, and laws must be above what they govern.

Let's look at the word supernatural. Super means above, natural's base word is nature, so yeah there must be some supernatural things , even if they're not spirits, ghosts, god(s), magic, etc. ;)

Last edited:

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
I was talking to my partner about this. I believe in spiritual energy, but chocking it up to full figured ghosts is just hard for me. If I did see it, I would need to be with 1-2 other people to confirm and preferably with visual evidence. This is because when I was not medicated for being bipolar, I started hallucinating, so I'm a bit skeptical on visual apparitions.

Still, I've gone on ghost hunts with local paranormal investigations (thanks Meetup!). Some weird, unexplainable stuff happened at one place, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was something supernatural.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Yes I do. I wouldn't dare test my skeptical side when it comes to purposely trying to summon a ghost/spirit/demon/supernatural being and screw with my life. Sometimes those types of things makes us question if there's more to it than just an actual life after death but more as, what sticks to that being for it to harm or affect a living person.

As far as other things supernatural, I believe it as well. It's the reason why miracles happen. It's the reason why people have natural gut instincts. Whenever I sometimes think on what's to come, I get this itching, strong sensation in my mind showing me that I'll do something that'll then trigger an event, knowing the outcome will be satisfying. And when it does happen, it hits me like a ton of bricks. I also believe dreams do have a purpose in how you're feeling and what's been affecting you.

I say there's more to simple stuff than just by how you think of it.
You just summed me up for how I had started there.
There are laws of nature, and laws must be above what they govern.

Let's look at the word supernatural. Super means above, natural's base word is nature, so yeah there must be some supernatural things , even if they're not spirits, ghosts, god(s), magic, etc.

Well yes but that does not mean that there is not that stuff.
I was talking to my partner about this. I believe in spiritual energy, but chocking it up to full figured ghosts is just hard for me. If I did see it, I would need to be with 1-2 other people to confirm and preferably with visual evidence. This is because when I was not medicated for being bipolar, I started hallucinating, so I'm a bit skeptical on visual apparitions.

Still, I've gone on ghost hunts with local paranormal investigations (thanks Meetup!). Some weird, unexplainable stuff happened at one place, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was something supernatural.
Well thats Interesting but okie do

Bananarama

The light is coming
I generally don't believe in most of these kinds of things unless there is tangible proof of their existence. That doesn't mean I'm not interested in myths and legends; they really do interest me, and I spend quite a lot of time reading about them.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
I generally don't believe in most of these kinds of things unless there is tangible proof of their existence. That doesn't mean I'm not interested in myths and legends; they really do interest me, and I spend quite a lot of time reading about them.
Thats fine, they interest me greatly as well.Okay so I have a news update, For the last few months ( since Dec. ) I have been studying more of the supernatural side as well as magick. Now I'm gonna stop you there before you cry out " There's no such thing as Magic, Thats Fake. Yada Yada."Because you are wrong, I'm not forcing anyone to believe or like you know hurt you because you say its not true, But if you know how to search around you'll find many of the real deal stuff that people claim to be fake. One of my new quotes is " The truth is what you believe in."And well I believe this stuff is real, because I am doing it now.I'm becoming a practiconer in magick and studying to be a shaman from my Tsimshian heritage. I'm already in a coven and have my own book of spells and rituals and such. Choose wether or not you believe me, but for those of you who are curious there is a link in my profile to a site I use to study and learn.What really suprised me however is that a good number of people I see on My site I use, who play pokemon and probably use these forums.

Meluvia

Ghost Master
I've seen and heard enough stories, that there just doesn't seem to be any explanation for, from working in nursing homes and hospitals that I've come to believe there just may be something.