• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you buy used games?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
The last used game I bought was Let’s Go Eevee and tbh it was only about a 5 dollar difference but other than that I don’t really buy used games since I mostly buy them when they’re new (just released). What are you guys thoughts?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yep. A lot of games I have are used. Some are new though. So it's a mix. Depending on the cost, how much I want a game, etc. If it's a game I love like Pokemon, I tend to get it new, but if it's one I can wait on getting, I get it used.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I usually buy my games used, as they're often cheaper than buying new. I usually wait for some time for the price to drop - I got Sun about a month after it was released.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Yes, though this is mostly for games that have already came out some years ago, and it's especially true for retro games.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I’ve bought used games mainly because I missed out on getting them when they first released and became interested in them later on. The ones I’ve gotten over the last couple of years were:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Poochy and Yoshi’s Woolly World
Okamiden
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

I got Woolly World last month, and I was surprised how new copies of it were basically non-existent in stores now (it didn’t release too long ago, I thought.) Although Apollo Justice was already available digitally for 3DS, I had wanted to have at least one physical version of a game in the Ace Attorney series. And I had gotten PMD: Blue because it was the only PMD game that was missing in the collection at home.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Nintendo games mostly, yes.
Cause I can pretty much get everything else cheaper digitally, and not have to worry about 'Oh no, what if it's scratched?" Or the disc looks fine in the store but soon as I get home, I notice there's some scratches all over it causing me to go back just to get a refund or swap it for a different copy

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Only because they're either cheaper (i.e. £40 vs £28), or only available preowned. Thankfully I've never had to deal with scratched disks or fake cartridges, just codes that were already fulfilled >>

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I will buy used games when the game im looking for came out years ago and if there is a major price drop for the used version.Though I make sure theres a warrenty or 7 day money back guarentee

Opassa

Tunne susi rakasta
not as often as i used to, though i've enjoyed picking up random SNES games lately

still contributing to the N64 collection on occasion too

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
I usually buy Pokémon games used in hopes of finding gems. Sometimes just to see what the last player had or was doing. Recently bought Pearl and Diamond for the price of one.

Besides that I usually go digital for reasons mentioned above. The last game I bought used was GotY Oblivion and whilst moving I wound up misplacing the DLC disc; the regular is forever in my Xbox just due to it being one if not the only disc games I have for the system.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Depends. If it’s a non Nintendo game then yes I buy used as I know the price will drop (sometimes dramatically like from $60 to $5) after like 3 months. With Nintendo games usually I don’t cause their games rarely drop in price, even when labels used. Heck in the case of Wii U I expect the price to actually go UP cause of how few were sold.

RetroPokeFan

Plenty by the bucket-loads whether it be though eBay, CEX, Cash Generator or Cash Generator/trade like shops (you can feel the Britishness ooze here folks).

I'm willing to bet that besides most newer games and a copy of Worms World Party I have on the Sega Dreamcast which is sealed and came all the way from Italy, most of my games I have are all used copies.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Yep, admittedly most of them are retro games/gamea from discontinued consoles but yes I do buy used games.

Although I am kind of picky, I only buy games that look interesting to me and even then only after I do research on them to make sure they're worth getting.