1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you buy used games?

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Sham, Oct 31, 2019.

1. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

One thing I do is to keep an eye out for games that go on clearance. It's another good way to save some money. Got Yokai Watch 2 Fleshy Souls that way.

pokedigijedi and Leonhart like this.
  2. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

most of the games I buy are used. I collect a lot of retro games so 'new' isn't really an option. I'm not the type to get huffy about near mint carts or cases either, love a good ripped label or case with a personal message on it.

As for new games, I generally buy used unless I'm really into the series or creatr but I haven't really kept up with gaming news lately so all my games from last year (with the exception of Shield) was bought used

WishIhadaManafi5 and Leonhart like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I try to as well, although I have bad luck with that since many of the games that do go on clearance at my local game shop are games that I have no interest in playing.

pokedigijedi likes this.
  4. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

I usually buy old ds and Xbox 360 games per owned and even decent games if there’s a considerable price differance.I hate when there’s only like a 50 cent difference though.

5. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

I have a phobia of buying used games since I worry that they might not work or that they might have glitches. That's why I would rather shell out more money for a new copy.

Emboar_Rulez likes this.
  6. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

I usually take the risk since most of the pre owned games I buy are cheap.If I buy a expensive one I get a warranty if its available.

SubtleVVeirdoh likes this.
  7. InfiniteBakuphoon

InfiniteBakuphoon Impressionist Bakuphoon

I generally prefer to buy new for anything whenever possible, including games. That said, I am willing to buy used when there's no other way to get something, or if the price for it new is too ridiculous for someone with a normal amount of money to take seriously. I'm quite wary of counterfeits, however (especially for Pokémon-related merchandise), and my efforts to avoid them often make the shopping process more stressful that I'd ideally like for it to be. Therefore, if I attempt to buy something used, it's usually always something that I consider to be "worth it", like a really good game that hasn't been in stores for years (like, say, an old Pokémon game) or is relatively rare (and therefore not guaranteed to be available in even the used market for long). Otherwise, it's mostly new games only for me.

8. juiccbox

juiccbox Idiot Extraordinaire

I like buying used games because they’re usually working just fine and are cheap, only issue is sometimes they don’t come with the case or anything, so I can’t display them on my shelf. In fact, my SoulSilver, Pearl, and Platinum games are all used.
    And also thank god I bought Pokémon battle revolution used for hella cheap, when I was younger I had no idea it was the most useless game you could ever own
    However if it’s a game I’m highly anticipating, I’ll buy it new as soon as I can.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  9. NeedsAName

NeedsAName Well-Known Member

I have a few used ones, like Pokemon Y, but that's 'cause they were hard to find. Only problem with them is that I have trouble convincing myself to delete fully-completed full-pokedex save files.

10. mariopepper

mariopepper Member

Quite rarely. The last used game I've bought was fifa 19 because I have ps3 and I didn't want to pay more for the game wich was dropped 2 years ago

NeedsAName likes this.