• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you call a pokemon differently on purpose?

Kalosian

So long
I rarely call Pokemon something else than their actual names. Might use their nicknames sometimes, but that's about it.

2000b2

basketball star
I plum out HATE NN.

Growlithe. I never noticed the LITHE, so I always say Growlthee.
And I don't call it Snover. I call it Wezuwezu. :3

tomthepom

I love Gah-rye-a-dos (Gyarados). I also have a bad habit of alternating between the English and Japanese names of all the 5th Gen Pokemon on accident.

CuriousHeartless

I love Gah-rye-a-dos (Gyarados). I also have a bad habit of alternating between the English and Japanese names of all the 5th Gen Pokemon on accident.

I have never figured out how exactly to say Gyaradoses naem, so I say it kinda like Gi-airy-dose. And I tend to slip into Japanese names on pokemon I can the remember teh Japanese name of (and Marshal).

tomthepom

I have never figured out how exactly to say Gyaradoses naem, so I say it kinda like Gi-airy-dose. And I tend to slip into Japanese names on pokemon I can the remember teh Japanese name of (and Marshal).

Apparently its said Gah-rah-dos.

NinjaJesus

Johto Fanboy
oh, theres been a few over the years
1 this one i REALLY can not understand why, but i used to, as\nd sometimes do now, pronounce suicune as swee-shoon. i have no idea why
2 I THINK you pronounce groudon grow-don, not as in grass grow but like the word ground. I always used to call it groo-don
3 Derpfish. nuff said
4 pideotto, being an australian, i pronounce it pidge-ee-oh-tow, rathher than the american pidge-ee-ow-tow
5 I pronounce timburr as tim-brrrrr, gurdurr as grrrr-drrrr and conkeldurr as con-kl-drrrr
6 I pronounce regice as rej-ice, the way its spelt, but i still pronounce watchog correctly
7 again, with the australian accent, i pronounce rattata as ra-ta-ta rather than -ra-taa-tuh
8 the obvious ar-see-us
9I sometimes calll audino tabunne (jap. name) and i pronounce audino or-dee-no, but its actually au-deh-no, but i hate the correct pronunciation

there are heaps more but it would take too long to list them all

Last edited:
As for the Arceus "hard c or soft c", I pronounced it with the soft c until I watched Arceus and the Jewel of Life. However, I often pronounce Rayquaza as "Ray-kwah-za".

Also, sometimes I ironically use the fan-speculated names for the 5th gen starters: Smugleaf, Pignition and Derpderp.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
I always called Slaking "Slay-king"

I do this too. I didn't know it wasnt right until I watched the anime... But it is always slay-king in my book! :)

CharizardDestroys

uh, I used to call rattata ratta, not on purpose, when I first played firered like 8 years ago I thought thats what the name was, I call it rat now.....cause I hate it. And I dont know how how say Lapras, I saw Lap-ris, but my friend says its Lap-Rass. Who knows, Also I dont say the i in Charizard, I kinda say it like Char-Zard.

Kotone

To the guy who said he alternates between the English and Japanese names of the 5th gen pokes. Me too!!!

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
My friend calls Exadrill Doryuzzu and I think its starting to have an effect on me.

Last edited:

Kotone

My friend calls Exadrill Doryuzzu and I think its starting o have an effect on me.

I just recently memorized how to say Excadrill as well. I always said things like Exaclibuldrill, Exdrillbur. So, I sometimes say Doryuzuu and Excadrill