• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you care about companions “out shinning” Ash?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Even though I can see why some of the audience wouldn't have wanted more Serena focus in XY if it came at the cost of having to sit through more TryPokarons, I still think that she deserved more especially when you consider that she started TryPokarons late in the saga and then finished Master Class about 25 episodes before XY&Z ended.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Makes u wonder why they didn't go for the easy route of contests. Would have promoted oras
I guess they didn’t want Contest for a third time after they had just recently rehashed the type master goal last saga. Still would of been better than what we actually got. It’s a shame because showcases weren’t bad in theory but you could tell the writers didn’t care about them or Serena

RafaSceptile

This happened alot in Serena focused episodes with Ash taking over the spotlight :/

Serena had focused episodes? (Joke)
However, main problem with Serena is that a lot of her focused episodes outside of Performance episodes are focused on Amourshipping, which is why I don't like it. But that's more a problem of writers because Ash rarely made something relevant during those episodes.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Serena had focused episodes? (Joke)
However, main problem with Serena is that a lot of her focused episodes outside of Performance episodes are focused on Amourshipping, which is why I don't like it. But that's more a problem of writers because Ash rarely made something relevant during those episodes.

Yeah if you liked Serena you had to tolerate both her Pokemon Showcases and Amour. It sucks when there's a character in the cast who has annoying habits but them's the breaks.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, I grew to like showcases even if they are discount contests. Also, Amour never really bothered me. I find it endearing actually.

Yajima's said the whole thing with the shipping bit was to make something different with Serena and I can say it worked for me because it helped make Serena's character more interesting for me.

The only times anything amour-related kind of annoyed me is out of the show with how... over passionately some fans of it act sometimes but that's another kind of discussion.

SerenaRulez

I just don't see the point of showcases considering Serena becomes a coordinator anyway in the end, I don't get why she didn't accept Palermo's offer to train and become kalos queen.

Yeah I always thought she should have stayed in Kalos and perfected her performances so that she could compete in Master class again and maybe beat Aria the next time she competed instead of Serena leaving to Hoenn to try Contests. :(

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Train with Palermo would just be repeating the one thing she was doing with her mother which is following a strict training and not being able to do things the way she wanted. It would defeat the point made on that episode she confronted Grace so I can see why she turned Palermo's offer down.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
Train with Palermo would just be repeating the one thing she was doing with her mother which is following a strict training and not being able to do things the way she wanted. It would defeat the point made on that episode she confronted Grace so I can see why she turned Palermo's offer down.

I agree. And frankly, since I wasn't a big fan of TryPokaron in the first place, I was relieved that Serena decided to branch out and try another activity even if it happened off-screen in this case.