• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Care About IVs?

Do You Care About IVs?

• Yes

Votes: 68 64.2%
  • No

Votes: 38 35.8%

• Total voters

Navarch

I honestly would like to know if people really put time into it. I'm a perfectionist, but I just don't have the time/patience to breed for IVs. I'll do Natures and EVs, but not IVs. Maybe if my schedule loosens up, but I don't see that happening. What about the rest of you?

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
No I don't. All I care is genders and sometimes Abilities. Everything else like Ivs, Natures or EV or stats stuff, I don't.

If i do want to EV train any of mine, I get a friend to do it for me coz I don't know how it works out anyway, nya~

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
For competitive purposes, of course.

IV breeding isn't that hard, and the advantages are fully tangible.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I really don't care about IV's, mostly only for EV's and abilities and little bit genders. I'm not that kinda person, which wants perfect pokemons.

sunny phoenix

only when it comes to competitive play... i mean, i cant believe anyone makes a full iv trained team just for in game purpose... if he does then i salute his persistence, i envy his free time and i am afraid by his obsession...

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
No, I am only concerned with EVs, Natures and Abilities.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Nop. I only do natures. Specifically I go for my favorite natures, doesn't matter if the Pokemon benefits from it or not.

EVs, IVs, Natures, Abilities, I don't pay any attention to them.

The only thing like this I do pay some occasional attention to is gender.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Nope. I don't care about Natures, EVs, or any of that stuff. I just catch and train Pokemon that I like as they are.

Ditto B1tch

Yes, I do. But I don't try to build a perfect 31 IV Pokemon, if he has around 25 in most of the stats I would be glad with that.

UnitRico

Depends. In-game, I generally just go with anything I can get my hands on (though sometimes I catch a few to get al least a decent nature), though if I want to breed for competitive battling purposes (maybe things like the Battle Maison as well), I do like to have at least 4 or 5 perfect IVs in there.

zozo

SLIMED!
Yeah. Especially now since IVs are so easy to breed for. Though I don't go overboard. I'm not going to throw away a pokemon just because it's a few points off from having 31 in one or two stats. ^^

Gampi

ガンピ
For regular Pokémon, yes. But for legendaries, I tend to be more lax, still prefer them to have good natures though.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
If I'm breeding for a very structured team I tend to not care about IVs as there is a high chance that the pokemon involved in said team won't be used across multiple teams.

If I'm breeding pokemon that can be used in a wide variety of teams then I make sure to get them to perfect IVs in all relevant stats as I know I'll use it a lot.

In previous generations I didn't bother with IVs at all but with the new breeding mechanics and well supplied perfect IV ditto I find it easy enough to at least breed for my more used pokemon.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
I usually use the Pokemon I have used in game and love. I know they're a bunch of pixels and aren't real but it has a deeper meaning for me, I don't want my Pokemon to be a bunch of numbers, society nowadays is now fixated on qualifications and I hate that, it makes it out to be that you are a nobody if you don't have amazing grades.

But I do sometimes if I'm breeding a team I'll focus more on the nature and EVs then so much time on IVs. But I rarely use perfect IV Pokemon, if I'm given one then hell yeah.
I may be awful in competitive single battling because of this but I much prefer rotation battles, so much more fun seeing what type of person you're battling, arranging the perfect team and predicting what they'll do next.
But I'm usually pretty happy with the Pokemon I spend my journey with, I all ways keep them, even if they have a bad nature or such.
If I was to go into tournaments I may have to IV breed Pokemon, but I usually prefer move pools and typing over that. Of course I won't use utterly weak Pokemon, even if I find them cool or cute, but thankfully with Amie and in the past with competitions and the Pokeathlon those weaker Pokemon because more valuable.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
As I'm completely oblivious to the competitive scene, I don't really care about IV's at all. Don't have the time or patience to do it anyway.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I don't battle competitively, at least not yet, but I enjoy IV breeding. The only time I don't work on getting the best IVs, ability and nature possible is when I'm playing a Nuzlocke challenge.

Overall, I don't, but if I'm attempting to breed for perfect IVs for competitive battling, I do. I would also EV train the Pokemon afterwards.