• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you care about your pokemon's genders?

Do you care about gender specifics?

• Yes, it matters to me.

Votes: 96 25.8%
  • Nah, I couldn't care less.

Votes: 53 14.2%
  • Sometimes...depends on circumstances

Votes: 223 59.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyvern777

It usually doesn't bother me unless it just looks wrong having a pokemon of a certain gender. Machamp, Gardevoir and Mr.Mime come to mind...

ThunderPuncher

Electrifying!
I tend to care a lot, if a Pokemon looks a certain gender to me, then I want it in that Gender.

I also prefer most of my Pokemon to be Males since they're the only ones that can pass down moves.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Yes because male lopunny is just wrong. Rank up...........again!

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
Sometimes...there's certain pokemon that should just be female. And some that should only be male. Like Vulpix should just be female.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
in some occasions yes.
I choose whether it is a male or female depending on its appearances.
Like Gardevior should be a female. A male one would be awkward since it is wearing a dress.
Glalie should be a male since its face is always a manly style.
Chikorita should be a female since it has a necklace.

Other Pokemon which have facial hair should be a male.
Freaks me out that a female Conkeldurr and Stoutsland both have a mustache. >_<

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
I catch only female Ralts back in Emerald, in Gen 4 onwards i loosened the restriction as there was Gallade

stuff like Machop too, but I got stuck with one on ShinyGold nuzlocke, so yeah, guess you have to work with what you get, on Nuzlocke.

Last edited:

Nakashima

I dont really care about their genders, as long as I have some diversity in my team. I dont like having an all-male or all-female team.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Yes, because it affects how I nickname my Pokemon, and how I look at them.

As seen in my team in my sig, I was hoping either Togekiss or Milotic would be female. Togekiss is sort of ok, due to the gender ration, but Milotic should've been female, so I could've named it Ruto (Zelda references FTW).

FlyingFlygon

Ocarina of Calm
In one word, no. Aside from Gallade/Frosslass, it makes next to no difference anyways.

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
It doesn't matter to me, but if the pokemon is feminine then I want a female and same for male. I usually want male starters also, it just seems right.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
I have no bias but it seems that my team is always all males

Same here. I always try to shoot for two or three females, but since I don't do any of that special training I just use what I get. But by E4, usually, I'll have at least one.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I don't really care unless it's a Pokemon that just looks masculine/feminine (like my female shiny Escavalier lol) that would be hard to nickname if it was the "wrong" gender.

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
I think that there is just a higher male ratio to some pokemon hence why some of you guys just randomly end up having more males.

To me it doesn't really matter what their genders are unless I want to breed it later.
Honestly, lately it has been bothering me that my teams have more males on them so will end up deliberatly trying to get 3 males and 3 females.

My friend who lives relatively close by absolutley refuses to have ANY females on the teams he uses. I asked him about it and he told me that they are weaker.. btw this guy is 19 and in college with me lol

KalenArleth

Iridium Trainer
Depends on the Pokemon, as many have said, if it looks female I'd rather it be female. If it looks male I'd rather it be male.

However, I don't mind :p

Dave Himura

Mr.Madman
I don't care, but i try to have at least some diversity (you know, 4 males, 2 females, 3 males, 3 females...) etc...

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Depends on the Pokemon, as many have said, if it looks female I'd rather it be female. If it looks male I'd rather it be male.

However, I don't mind :p

So how do you feel about female Mr. Mimes?

But basically, that.

Rubicante

Banned
So how do you feel about female Mr. Mimes?

But basically, that.
Its Japanese name makes no reference to any masculinity, and it's not meant to resemble one gender over the other. It boils my blood when people mock male Lopunny, though. God only knows what they would do if they saw a guy who looked feminine at all. "lol he's the wrong gender" I know I'm generalizing and making a mountain out of a mole hill, but it really annoys me. Gardevoir isn't necessarily wearing a dress, I consider it a robe. See? Unisexual.

scubajoffrey

The Joffrey Master
Not really, just cause my ingame Haxorus was female.

Status
Not open for further replies.