• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you care about your pokemon's genders?

Do you care about gender specifics?

• Yes, it matters to me.

Votes: 96 25.8%
  • Nah, I couldn't care less.

Votes: 53 14.2%
  • Sometimes...depends on circumstances

Votes: 223 59.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Male have attack
Female have defense

WTF:Male Kirlia/Gardevoir

dracoburn

Lance's protege
I just recently did an "all-female" themed team on Heart Gold. It's actually a decent team, though I once had some trouble with a male Luvdisc for obvious reasons..

ShadowScar Knight

Mexican Buddha!
It doesn't matter at all for to me for the most part, as Pokémon can have great potential regardless of gender.

The only time I care about gender is when I'm breeding Pokémon, that's it. Otherwise, I take pride in raising my Pokémon, such as my female Emboar and male Roserade.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Hm. For me it depends on the occasion. I tend to prefer male pokémon for my team but most of the times, it's irrelevant. For example, sometimes a female Snorunt is much more valuable than a male one should I attempt to train a Froslass.

The pattern on Hippopotas, the absence or not of lipstick on Wobbuffet... it really depends on what I want for my team but most of the time, it doesn't matter.

shiney mew

Marsh Trainer
Only for gender-specific nicknames I really want to use (like Starboy for a Starly or Frank for a Gothorita), or on the occasion I want to get a gender-specific evolution. I don't care if my Pokemon are the opposite genders from how they look; one of my main team members in Sapphire was a male Gardevoir and he was awesome.

DrasticPhase

Half ded
Well it depends on their evo.
But for like ingame i usually like male but it taunts me that i have a female feraligatr...

DarthMoogle

Forum-Moogle
With me, it all depends. For instance, I always try for female starters. BECAUSE I'M BIASED LIEK DAT. 8D
No, really, it's mostly because I want a bunch of little baby starters running around.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Same as withdrawn. Altough I prefer female for using attract as it seems that most AI use males.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sometimes I catch male instead of females unless it`s Pidove

Dear Insanity

above average
Usually I'll go for females, and that's probably because I am one myself. However if I feel like a pokemon should be male based on it's appearance, I'll get a male, and vice versa.

Subzerostupid

Walking Pokedex
I don't care about genders. If my tyranitar is female, it's female. If it's male, it's male. In the case of attract, I rely on the probability that the will be a mix of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.