• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you care about your pokemon's genders?

Do you care about gender specifics?

• Yes, it matters to me.

Votes: 96 25.8%
  • Nah, I couldn't care less.

Votes: 53 14.2%
  • Sometimes...depends on circumstances

Votes: 223 59.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple_BlitzXD

♥Heart of Ice♥
I used to care alot, my team would consist of half male and half female pokes lol, It ALWAYS had to be half and half.
Now, I don't really care, I just catch the poke regardless of its gender.

.euphoria.

Out of my vector.
I'm not usually picky about my Mons' genders. I usually try to go for the more "awkward" ones, though, for the luls. Male Gardevoirs and whatnot. Of course if I get bored of hunting around for a certain gender I'll just drop it and catch the first one I see.

Usually my teams end up being mostly male, with one or two females.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I'm not that picky about my Pokemon's genders, I don't really care about their gender differences except Wobbuffet. But when it comes to Gallade and Froslass, thats the only time I care about genders really.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
For most pokemon, I have a preference in gender, but mostly not so much that I would go out of my way to get one. For example, I like the regional bird I capture, if I use it, to be female, as all of them seem to be more feminine to me. Others, like version exclusives, I like to be specific genders. Vulpix - female, Growlithe - male. Ledyba - female, Spinarak - male. Glameow - female, Stunky - male etc

NRJD

Dunsparce FTW
I know it might sound mean, and I'm not sexist, but I always have an all male team :3

kidfresh

word to the mrs.
i do in a way, 'cause i like to have both genders available if i wanna breed, i don't just hunt around for boy pokemon though.

Whimsy

I care for my team, but not for pokedex fillers. ^_^ I like most of my pokemon to be female because I usually end up training "prettier" pokemon, but things like Alakazam I prefer to be male. :3

Profesco

gone gently
There are some cases where it can't be helped. I might need a male Kirlia or a female Snorunt. I breed a lot, so the gender is very important for assuring the right egg moves or the right species baby.

And in general, I do. For Pokemon on my teams, if there's a specific gender I associate with a Pokemon, I'll search or breed until I get that gender for that Pokemon. Examples: male Umbreon, Flygon, Scizor - female Vaporeon, Gardevoir, Milotic. Et cetera.

Raikou_fan

For most pokemon, I don't care about their gender, I just catch the first one I see. I will, however, hunt for a certain gender if it changes appearance(wobuffet, weavile, etc.), or if I associate the pokemon with a certain gender (female Gardevoirs, female milotics, etc.). I don't breed much, so otherwise I don't really care which gender a pokemon is.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
No, not really. It does sound cool, having 3 males and 3 females in a team, but it doesn't help, so it doesn't really matter. I can not think of a situation where I actually worry about it, to me it's really a very minor issue.

Figment9987

Im not really that picky as far as genders go, the only times i care is if i am going to breed that pokemon, Egg moves are fun to play with. I recently got a magby with psychic. But Genders dont really matter other than that

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Back when I first played FireRed, I was anal about all my Pokemon being male. Nowadays, I just like certain Pokemon to be a certain gender. I usually reset until I get a female Eevee, and I never pass up a female starter, but that's about it.

Cloud369

I care. All of my pokemon are male, other then those who are only female ... Jynx for ex..
Idk why but i always thought male are stronger :S ... and thats why I tend to catch only males . I catch non-genders too.

Karpi

Forever a pirate
My old Silver version would only allow me to encounter wild female pokemon. This wa the only bug in the game, so it's weird...

So after playing through that I have somewhat learned to disregard genders! That said, I do prefer the pokemon's gender to match that of the player character, like when I am Lyra I need to have a female starter.

Karpi

Forever a pirate
My old Silver version would only allow me to encounter wild female pokemon. This wa the only bug in the game, so it's weird...

So after playing through that I have somewhat learned to disregard genders! That said, I do prefer the pokemon's gender to match that of the player character, like when I am Lyra I need to have a female starter.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don't usually care, except in some cases, like if there's a gender difference. I wouldn't want a female Wobbuffet. *shudder*

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
Not for the most part, although if I want a certain Pokemon it sometimes HAS to be the appropriate gender or else it doesn't feel right. (Obvious ones are Gardevoir, Lopunny, Machoke...) Also if there's an aesthetic change in the gender, I'll pick whichever one looks better. Like Snover; it seems like it just looks better with three brown sections instead of two.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I seem to mostly run across wild females, for some reason...and this isn't just one game, I mean most of my games so far...so I'm guessing that's just my luck lol.

I do tend to prefer females, plus they make for easier breeding (and because I'm a girl, and us girls gotta stick together :D) but I also hatch a lot of eggs, and if an egg hatches male then I'm cool with that. 4/6 of my pokes on platinum were male.

Status
Not open for further replies.