• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you care about your pokemon's genders?

Do you care about gender specifics?

• Yes, it matters to me.

Votes: 96 25.8%
  • Nah, I couldn't care less.

Votes: 53 14.2%
  • Sometimes...depends on circumstances

Votes: 223 59.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Like for example, Lucario looks masculine to me (it has been designed after war god Anubis afterall), so I will pick/catch a male Lucario. Similarly I like to think of Charizard as male because of its macho-like appearance, and also its design is based off of European dragon (not that dragons can't be females, but still for some odd reason Charizard just appears to be male to me). Yeah, that's just me.

Enoch

Of course. I don't want train a male Gardevoir, Lopunny or femeal Lucario.

kedlu

Zubat Zubat
I like to mix up my Pokemon's genders. On my Heart Gold team, four Pokemon are male and two are female.

A lot of the time I usually have a genderless pokemon such as metagross or voltorb.

Last edited:

sst

-ILLUNIS-
I dont even notice. I train my pokemon as I catch them :)

ninetails012

teh wild card
meh it dosent really matter to me. for instance, at one point i had a team with a male lopunny and female blastoise:D:D:D

chrisglass

hah,might sound mean but im very sexist when it comes to pokemon. i only have guy pokemon in my team....i dunno,i just....i honestly dont know what it is,and i know alot of people who are exactly the same. hah. though i have one girl in my party. shes a rapidash...but shes a shiny,and it just happened to be a girl when i encountered it. how ironic,huh? XD

Ausgirl

If the pokemon has certain egg moves and knows really good tm moves then yes otherwise it doesn't bother me.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Not really. The only time I'd factor gender in is when I'm nicknaming the Pokemon, which is usually easy for either sex unless I had a name that only went one way already picked out.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I don't really care, to be honest. :/

♥♫harukamaylover♫♥

I ♥ Male Synthesizer
yes I do........

I usually take female pokemons.............

JolteonBlitz27

I am credit to team!
I dont usually care unless im aiming for breeding. But my jolteons male tho because hes my main pokemon since i bred him in 3rd gen :D

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
Pretty much what many others said before. It depends. I want certain of my Pokemon to be male, like Pikachu or Wobbuffet and other to be female, like Gardevoir and Tangrowth. I guess i go based on their appearance and what it looks right for them to my eyes.

Fluttershy

Making a new start
Only if it affects evolution. But other than that and breeding, I don't care enough to try for a certain gender. Though I do really like that my Scizor is female.

SpicyFlareon

Mr. Flareon to you.
It doesn't always matter, but my Flareon's have to be male, so I can name them James. :D

SpicyFlareon

Mr. Flareon to you.
It doesn't always matter, but my Flareon's have to be male, so I can name them James. :D

Mei

It doesn't really matter to me. There are definitely some Pokemon that I think of as one gender (I have a hard time picturing a male Gardevior or a female Tyranitar, for example), but I don't specifically try to catch one gender rather than another.

Status
Not open for further replies.