• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you care about your pokemon's genders?

Do you care about gender specifics?

• Yes, it matters to me.

Votes: 96 25.8%
  • Nah, I couldn't care less.

Votes: 53 14.2%
  • Sometimes...depends on circumstances

Votes: 223 59.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

*IZ*

I sr my game because I had a female Snivy. lol And all my pokemon are male except for my shiinies. If I get a female I'm not going to keep hatching eggs until I get a male. I have a female Ramardos and a female Haxorus that I love. <3

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Sometimes I do. Can't be running around with female Machamps or male Gardevoirs now can we?

lostboy

Any pokemon that looks masculine I try to catch as male and feminine looking as female. As for ambiguous looking pokes I catch without caring about gender.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
I guess it really depends. For Pokemon like Frillish, Unfeazant, Pikachu and Heracross (Pokemon with noteable gender differences) I choose the gender that appeals to me most. Otherwise, I could honestly care less. For DW Pokemon on the other hand, I go for females so I know I can always breed a Pokemon and get another one w/ its DW ability. But pre E4, I pretty much try to keep my team all male. IDK why, probably because I'm a guy :p.

thrine

I am still trying to fill up my pokedex, so most of mine are probably female. No problems here with female machamps and male jynxes. Diversity is great in Pokemon regions and real-world alike.

Interesting thread...! :surfpika:

firebolt

If the gender means the looks change such as the horn on heracross, then i prefer the pokemon to be male. Although if the appearance will not effect the gender and the nature, ivs's etc is good then i dont mind having a female.

Rubicante

Banned
I only really care about the gender if I need it for breeding, or purposefully trying to get a female of a Pokémon that's usually male.

Drat

Don't Bother None
I always make sure I have a 50-50 ratio. I don't why. I've done it since Red so it's tradition by now.

chocoboy

In School
I am still trying to fill up my pokedex, so most of mine are probably female. No problems here with female machamps and male jynxes. Diversity is great in Pokemon regions and real-world alike.

Interesting thread...! :surfpika:

I agree. I'm not bothered.
btw...jynxes are only female i think

JStunn

Pokemon Master
Yes. For example, if I wanted a Gardevoir, I would catch a female Ralts, because Ralts' evolution line is very feminine, with the exception of Gallade. But if I wanted a Garchomp, I would catch a male Gible since Gible's evolution line is masculine.
A male Gardevoir and a female Garchomp doesn't work, well at least from a male's point of view.

Last edited:

Etrigan85

UU/NU Trainer
only when its evo based or egg moves I am passing down, but I remember an old rumour that male pokemon had a higher atk the female, and female had high def... I usually have mainly male, but there a couple of pokemon I have that I absoultly adore using that are female, such as my Seismic Toss Blissey, Roost/Brave Bird Skarmory, Froslass and Gardevoir

JStunn

Pokemon Master
only when its evo based or egg moves I am passing down, but I remember an old rumour that male pokemon had a higher atk the female, and female had high def... I usually have mainly male, but there a couple of pokemon I have that I absoultly adore using that are female, such as my Seismic Toss Blissey, Roost/Brave Bird Skarmory, Froslass and Gardevoir

Well that's true for Nidoking and Nidoqueen. I believe that Nidoking has better attack and Nidoqueen has better Defense or Sp Defense.

Etrigan85

UU/NU Trainer
Well that's true for Nidoking and Nidoqueen. I believe that Nidoking has better attack and Nidoqueen has better Defense or Sp Defense.

yea nidoking has a better atk stat and sp. atk and nidoqueen vice versa, but i meant for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.