• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you care about your pokemon's genders?

Do you care about gender specifics?

• Yes, it matters to me.

Votes: 96 25.8%
  • Nah, I couldn't care less.

Votes: 53 14.2%
  • Sometimes...depends on circumstances

Votes: 223 59.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverwindstudios

The Midnight Artist~
Sorta...I can't believe gardevoir can be male. ._.

I care about my pokemon's gender if it's in "fun-raising" Where I raise a bunch of pokemon 'cause I like them. :p
I Don't care about the gender if the team is for the metagame.

Last edited:

Hatsune Miku

when i get a shiny male ralts / krirlia /gardevoir i release it. only shiny female gardevoir and male galllade for me

Cuddlebuns

when i get a shiny male ralts / krirlia /gardevoir i release it. only shiny female gardevoir and male galllade for me

Why release it when you can trade it for a shiny female? Or a shiny anything else for that matter. Releasing shinies is a complete waste unless you can hack more of them.

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
I had an ex that insisted all her pokemon had to be female or she would not catch them. I also know some people that refuse to catch certain pokemon with certain genders (Like some don't want a female machamp).

So other than for breeding purpouses do you care about your pokemon's gender and why?

I personally like a variety of genders so my team won't fail against attract.

A female Machamp is kinda creepy lol I personally dont care what Gender my pokes are, I rarely see the move attract in battles so it dosent really matter to me.

clavat

Like what GilligBoi said, It depends entirely on the pokemon itself. If its looks more manly (ex: machamp) then I want it to be a male, If it looks like a girl (ex: Gardevior) then I want it to be a girl, If they can pass of as a girl and boy then either is fine.

Pretty much exactly how I feel about genders. It really depends on the pokemon and how much I think I will end up using said pokemon.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
I like male Pokemon, they just look better like a male Pikachu's male tail looks good but a blob shape for the end of a female Pikachu's tail? No. Since I am a boy, I raise male Pokemon but I raise Pokemon that have to be female like Frosslass. If I choose being a female for a game, then I raise females.

Breeder Drew

I really don't care, except for in certain circumstances. I usually like male Eevees, male Gibles, male Machamps, and female Roserades.

Wardek

U & I
I do. There's no way i'm gonna accept a Male Gardevoir, nor a female Machoke.

But they can be both genders based on the shininess, Excadrill is male, the shiny version is female, simple?

Cuddlebuns

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Do genders affect the game in any way? Like males are better at using physical attacks and females at special attacks?

I'm not trying to sound sexist. But any way at all?

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one who's not afraid to ignore gender stereotypes.

Female Machamps and Conkeldurrs for the win! (im serious)

The only Pokemon I prefer male are Vanilluxe, Volcarona and Haxorus. And Emboar lol. The rest I perfer em to be girls.

And I love Gallade. I'm happy he's on my Gothitelle team.

Roughneck JB

The only influences Gender has in battle are Attract, Captivate, Cute Charm, Rivalry, and some evolutions, as far as I know

That being said, I usually try to make sure my teams are never all one gender, although Males seem to be a lot more common in my file

Cuddlebuns

Do genders affect the game in any way? Like males are better at using physical attacks and females at special attacks?

I'm not trying to sound sexist. But any way at all?

They don't affect stats at all, but the do affect other gameplay factors:

-Some Pokemon can only evolve into a certain form if they are a specific gender. For example, only female Combees can evolve into Vespiquen.

-Some moves, like Attract, will only work on the opposite gender, and won't have any effect on Pokemon without genders

-Some species have features known as gender differences, where the sprites will look slightly different or very different depending on which gender the Pokemon is. The most obvious one I can think of is Hippotas and Hippowdon, which will be completely different colors depending on the gender. However most gender differences are hardly noticeable.

-Genders have the biggest effect on breeding, and the breeding mechanic is the main reason why they were introduced in Gen II.

For more info go to these pages:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gender
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding

jackiedog

dream fighter
I usually prefer female pokemon. But when making teams out I like 3 males and 3 females, to help keep it balanced.

a trainer

NERDYYY
It depends, If i'm doing a nuzlocke challenge, most of my pokemon on male (i can think of way more legit guy names), unless it's a pokemon that just seems like it should be female (like clefairy or something).

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
I try to catch Pokemon with genders that match up with the Pokemon. I get males for a lot of things, but ones like Ninetales, Clefable, Gothitelle, etc. I run female. Although I do use a female Stunfisk for funsies.

Status
Not open for further replies.