• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you care about your pokemon's genders?

Do you care about gender specifics?

• Yes, it matters to me.

Votes: 96 25.8%
  • Nah, I couldn't care less.

Votes: 53 14.2%
  • Sometimes...depends on circumstances

Votes: 223 59.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDr

I kinda have a Personality of my Pokemon in my mind, i usually prefer females, but if the Pokemon is really manly or if it just seems right they have to be male.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
I really couldn't care less. It annoys me out of everyone in my circle of friends who play Pokemon, I am the only one who is not sexist about them.

Soperman

The One and Only
I dont really like female pokes that look manly, and vice versa. it just doesnt seem right to have a female alakazam with a mustache...

Arceus94

It matters to me. A Chandelure named Persephone couldn't be a guy.

Madden610

The only reason to care is Rivalry + Outrage + Choice Band Haxorus. Those destroy everything they battle. Ferro is 3HKO with defensive EV investment.

Frog Of Steel

Quirky Nature
I prefer most of my pokemon to be male only because the ones I actually use would look weird female, like my Darmanitan and (especially) my Jellicent.
If the pokemon has a fixed gender then I don't care. I plan on using a Jynx once I get a Smoochum from the dream world. Also pokemon like Meganium or Rapidash that look neutral gender wise can be boy or girl.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I sware I have OCD. Most are male for me unless a Pokemon looks undoutably feminime. eg. female Roserade, female Gardevior, female Ninetales. Automatically s-reset if my starter/gift Pokemon are girls (except Happiny for obvious reasons).

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I finally versed my friend who hacks all his pokemon(with perfect EV's/IV's), and they were all male. He said he hates female pokemon. I did beat him by baton passing a shell smash with smeargle(even though smeargle was lv 21 and everyone else was lv50, still outran his bronzong lead).

But next time i'm gonna bring all female pokemon with attract just to troll him. :D

BlazingCold

Either one, I don't really care.

FieryLucario

Just a Person
The only time it matters to me, is if I find a female Eevee, then I HAVE to capture it, other than that, I really don't care about the gender

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Well, when it comes to Dream World Pokemon, kinda. I want female, so I can breed them. ^__^

But after that, it depends on the personality that I personify the Pokemon with. I try to catch them according to how I feel they would be personified in my head.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
no i dont care, unless its for breeding. also, I care fore kirlia, snorunt and combee so they can evolve. and really, why can mr. mime be a girl? they should make him male only. oh, lastly, DW females are much better then males

jake.riley94

I actually care about the gender. I have a male preferance, but it also depends on the circumstance. Like others have said, if it's a Gardevoir, I'll have a female. If it's a Milotic, I will also go with female. However, if it's something more manly such as a Typhlosion or a Gengar, I really prefer them male. The teams I use for beating the games are almost always male.

I do care, but only when the Pokemon in question either looks really feminine (like Gothitelle) or really masculine (like Machamp). Other than that I don't care.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
Wow, some sexist guys in here. Releasing females? Say goodbye to that rare Cressilia you chased around the region & finally captured.

Status
Not open for further replies.