• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you care about your Pokemons natures when you playing through the game?

Hunter067

Recreational Gamer
I do not worry too much about natures during the story, as long as the nature does cause a major hindrance in battling. In story I try to go for neutral natures if possible, but adamant or modest will do, too. I just want to enjoy the game and not spend hours trying to come up with a competitive Pokemon with my already limited resources, including time.

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
I do prefer decent natures but don't worry too much about it. Unless, as people have said, its a nature that is a proper hinderance to a particular pokemon. so a Modest physical attacker or adamant special attacker. In game I tend to settle for any nature as long as it doesn't lower that pokemon's main style of attack.

Vernikova

Champion
I really don't care about their natures since I don't battle competitively.

Flame Mistress

I don't do competitive battles, calculate ev stats, don't breed/SR for the perfect pokemon, so... You can say no to that.
But I do go shiny leaf hunting.

Since I don't battle competitively, I don't really care what nature my Pokemon are.

Not usually, unless it's just an abysmal nature and is the complete opposite of how I want to use the pokemon. Like, I got a Jolly Slowpoke, so I went and caught another. It was Hardy or something, so I kept it.

Competitively, yes.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
No. I like my pokemon just the way they are.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Yes, inside of competitive I do.

Outside.... No.

Not even in NL runs.

Ausgirl

Yeah I do. I always look everything up on Smogan first and then try to form a team that's fit's well together, even though I don't participate in competitive battling. It's gonna drive me crazy that I won't be able to do this with Pokemon Black since there are no lists yet of the new tiers so I'll be posting my team here in a day or to get an idea of what sort of natures that I should go with. It's also gonna drive me crazy knowing that I won't be able to IV-breed since apparently you can't transfer items from the Gen 4 games to Gen 6. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the new games but this is gonna annoy me nonetheless.

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Not really. My Pokemon are just fine how they are, I don't really care. :/ Even if it's really bad.

pokeaussie37

I care about natures to a point in-game. As long as it's not a stupid nature, for example a Sassy nature on a sweeper or a Hasty Nature on a Physical Wall. But if it's a neutral nature or not a hindrance to important stats, I will take it e.g. I will take a Naughty nature if I find a Pokemon with it before one with an Adamant nature.

ChedWick

I prefer to have either natures that do nothing to any of my stats or increase one of the favorable stats.

Currently all of my Pokemon except Feraligator have neutral natures. I didn't notice until I was in Goldenrod that Totadile had a modest nature when hes more ATK...

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
I usually don't for in-game play, but when it comes to battling I make sure that they are of the correct nature.

I actually constantly reset for a Good-Natured Lugia, which I did end up getting--- and shiny.

Byzantine

Normally no, but right now I'm trying the BT so I'm putting effort into getting good Iv's and the right nature to use now.

joshsauce

The Law
Honestly though, how much of a difference do natures make? Unless battling for competition, they are fairly useless.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Nope, never cared for it unless I'm raising that Pokemon for a contest, otherwise not at all.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
In-game, no.
Otherwise, yes.
I don't really actually battle much due to my wifi being terrible, but I still raise competitive, correct nature/flawless IV'd/EV'd pokemon because I enjoy it. Well, I guess I do use them in PBR... XD

ashgirl92

Blazing Glory...
I never really cared about the natures of my pokemon, until recently. I don't battle competively, so I never even gave it a second glance, the first pokemon I saw that I want I caught it. Now that I am waiting for BW to come out, I am replaying some of my games, and it is kinda fun to see what natures I need to get to make them really great. : )