• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you care if people know you play Pokemon?

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Ehh, not really!

LyreBirdGirl

inactive
In my school, there are the Nerfherders (Peppy Popular People), who pretty much hate me. I'm getting neon green hair and love heavy metal, along with monty python, Star wars, nerdy things, and all things Pokemon. They have reasons to stay away.

So...My friends and I turn it into a game. We TRY to annoy the crap out of them. We are pretty immature, but it's really fun.

We often taunt them by calling them Pokemon names, like Spoink and Trubbish. I am pretty open about my Pokemon obsession. I often brag about how I have Pokemon and they are to lame to have their own.

MonkeyX

In my school the only video games that matter are stuff like halo and (especially) Cod its actually obnoxious how many kids love cod and none of them are technically old enough to play it and it annoys the crap out of me. If i went around telling everyone that i like pokemon some people probably wouldn't take me seriously at first and the others would mock me forever.

In fact one time i told a kid that i liked nintendo and he looked at me like i was a lunatic, just imagine whay could've happened if i said i liked pokemon, so yeah i care if people know

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Pokemon is considered incredibly uncool in my school, so I don't make it general knowledge that I play it. Although my closest friends know that I play Pokemon and don't care at all, which is all that really matters in my mind.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
In My School you get beat up if you don't like Halo or COD Luckily enough i don't like those but i can kick there butts in fighting so yeah i don't mind.

-Colton-

A bunch of people actually play pokemon at my school so it doesnt really bother me, and we dont really get bothered by anyone. So yea I'm fine if people know.

clavat

I don't really broadcast it to everyone I know, but I also don't make a big deal trying to hide it. None of my friends have a problem with it, except when I get into it for hours or days at a time. haha

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Not really. Pokemon is one of those 'omg-that's-so-nerdy-but-cool-at-the-same-time-because-who-doesn't-like-pokemon.' Especially with asian kids, lol.
I definitely don't run around telling people that I play, but I will if they were to ask me for some reason. :rolleyes:

Validus

I've always played it fairly openly, yeah i'd get teased by the occassional "cool" kid. i'd just ignor them or glare. sometimes i'd go find a cornor far from the "cool" kids hang out spots and that allowed me to play uninterrupted.

one day my GBC went missing with my copy of silver... much sadness and anger followed... never did find out what happened. i don't think anyone took it because it was at my dad's house. i visted my mom for a week and when i returned it was missing... i don't know if my sister or brother "borrowed" it, or if i left it somewhere other then what i remembered.

so after the above story, i didn't play pokemon for a good couple years. I also didn't even follow the PKMN community. All that changed one day when i was in my local game store. i saw Ruby and Sapphire on the self. Groudon spoke to me... or my heart lol.

as soon as i started playing again it brought back all my old feelings, both good and bad. i was shy about playing but i also forced myself not to hide it... gave myself anxiety over it. while i was watching serebii.net coverage on 4th gen, i become more and more comfortable.

after 4th gen was released i was so excited for it that i thought "screw it, i love this stuff! i'm going to be happy and forget anyone who judges me on it"

ive been playing openly, happily and with confidence ever since. i haven't found anyone else who plays it in my area, but thats what Wi-Fi is for!

so Play, have fun, and i'll see you in the WiFi club!

Happy Gaming!

Last edited:

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
Everyone I know knows that I play pokemon. They don't really care about it, but they like to play my gameboy color when I bring Pokemon Red to band camp.

Sapphire_Pichu

I hate Ringo...
I'm 22, I don't care if you know that I cheat to get some pokemon. Mostly the event legendaries that you can no longer get.

I play through the game once, and then try to evolve and catch them all. That's how I play it.

Zekrom_Lover

Cheese puffzzz
My brother is 18 and plays pokemon so no.

larry618

Lovin' MEEEE
okay listen where exactly do u live. im a straight forward person who wont sweeten a damn thing i say and i had the same problem i know your not like me but when the first person approached me about it i told him this just because i dont do the ******** u guys do dosent mean that im what you think i am and your saying this because you want me to be a follower but im if im one thing im an original and would never fall in line with you goofies who think that doing wat you do is fun how old are you anyway. i dont worry about the things other people sat they are useless bastards who cant respect other people. As u can see i am an aggressive person and one thing i will not do is bow down to anyones ******** but my own breezy.

Last edited:

Aegon

I don't care, really. But neither do I make the fact known. If someone asks, then I'd answer truthfully, but if they didn't, then I would just bring it up.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
okay listen where exactly do u live. im a straight forward person who wont sweeten a damn thing i say and i had the same problem i know your not like me but when the first person approached me about it i told him this just because i dont do the ******** u guys do dosent mean that im what you think i am and your saying this because you want me to be a follower but im if im one thing im an original and would never fall in line with you goofies who think that doing wat you do is fun how old are you anyway. i dont worry about the things other people sat they are useless bastards who cant respect other people. As u can see i am an aggressive person and one thing i will not do is bow down to anyones ******** but my own breezy.

Uhhhh I'm not really sure what you are trying to say....

People know at my school. People don't care.

It may help that my school is well known in the region for geeks/nerds. Literally.

Um... first off, calm down.

Second, what are you trying to say? First you ask where we live, then you start ranting about how you don't do what we do. Does that mean you don't play Pokemon? Because then you shouldn't really be on this site.

I don't see the point of that post.