• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you care if people know you play Pokemon?

RocketFire

Best season ever
Well I don't play the game, but I did, now I don't so I just sprite, and my friends know I sprite and they don't say a word about it

Wardek

U & I
I do. No one of my friends knows i play Pokemon.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
All my friends know it. Alot of other people see me draw them. A few see me play it. 0% judge me. The one person who's mean to me is first not popular or cool and has a very annoying voice. I don't think my school operates socially like other schools.(since popular kids are actually the nice ones, excluding the ones that creep me out)

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
All my friends know it. Alot of other people see me draw them. A few see me play it. 0% judge me. The one person who's mean to me is first not popular or cool and has a very annoying voice. I don't think my school operates socially like other schools.(since popular kids are actually the nice ones, excluding the ones that creep me out)

I wish my school were more like your school. Just a few months ago some seniors flooded the high school. We had to stand outside while the janitors cleaned up. And everyone does drugs.
Back on topic though, only my friends in the school band know I play pokemon, and they don't care.

Cuddlebuns

I play it as often as possible when I'm out in public. That combined with the fact that I look too young to be in college causes people to constantly look at me weird when I'm on campus. But people do that regardless of what I'm doing or how "normal" I try to look, so I figure there's no point in hiding something I enjoy doing if people are going to treat me the same either way.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
I play it as often as possible when I'm out in public. That combined with the fact that I look too young to be in college causes people to constantly look at me weird when I'm on campus. But people do that regardless of what I'm doing or how "normal" I try to look, so I figure there's no point in hiding something I enjoy doing if people are going to treat me the same either way.

That's a great mindset to have. I'm partially the same way.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
I don't care that people know, but I don't go around broadcasting it. Like, if someone were to ask, I'd be all "yeah, sure," but I don't talk about it otherwise, because people don't really care either. That being said, I completely blame pokemon for my lack of social life.

Not really. Haters can hate all they want, it's my life and they can go back to blasting heads off in Halo.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

PokemonTrainerKaden

I used to but then i learned my friends like it.

I would prefer it if more people I knew played pokemon.

Zibdas

not bad
Meh. If they know it, they do, if not, some divine supernatural force is preventing it from being so.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
When I was little, everyone I knew, knew that I played pokemon. I've been playing since I was like 4 or 5, but somewhere along the way, pokemon wasn't considered cool anymore so I played in secret (I didn't tell many of my friends except for the ones I knew that still played) This past school year in high school, I don't know all of a sudden people were making pokemon jokes and openly talking about playing and they would come to me for advice and I was like, are you serious, its cool again? yeah! So yeah, people challenge me and its been really fun : )

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
In my school the only video games that matter are stuff like halo and (especially) Cod its actually obnoxious how many kids love cod and none of them are technically old enough to play it and it annoys the crap out of me. If i went around telling everyone that i like pokemon some people probably wouldn't take me seriously at first and the others would mock me forever.

In fact one time i told a kid that i liked nintendo and he looked at me like i was a lunatic, just imagine whay could've happened if i said i liked pokemon, so yeah i care if people know
That's pretty much the same story as me. Man, I hate shooting games...Everyone who likes electronics has COD.

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Well, I used to hide it, but recently I started drawing Pokémon in school and started yelling about how epic Pokémon is and blah, blah, blah. It does bother me a little since they tease me sometimes about it, but who cares, Pokémon is awesome.

Some of my friends like Pokémon, despite some of them arguing that they don't. In fact, one of my friends says he likes the games, but does not like Pokémon, which makes no sense at all. Actually, I think all of my friends (for some of them, 'used to') like Pokémon in a way. Mostly the games.

Alex0511

What the FFFNYAAAAH?
...nope.avi

*IZ*

Well, I used to hide it, but recently I started drawing Pokémon in school and started yelling about how epic Pokémon is and blah, blah, blah. It does bother me a little since they tease me sometimes about it, but who cares, Pokémon is awesome.

Some of my friends like Pokémon, despite some of them arguing that they don't. In fact, one of my friends says he likes the games, but does not like Pokémon, which makes no sense at all. Actually, I think all of my friends (for some of them, 'used to') like Pokémon in a way. Mostly the games.
Maybe he doesn't like the anime? idk

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Most people I know are aware of the fact that I play pokemon. A large group of people play pokemon, so me playing it isn't much different. It's almost enough to say pokemon isn't "nerdy" in my school. I also am well respected and I'm in Track, so I'm not bashed on for playing pokemon. I wish everyone knew, because it seems not enough of my classmates know I play pokemon.