• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you care what pokeball you catch something in?

Do you care about the pokeball you catch something in?

• Total voters
My friend would refuse to catch Kyogre in any ball except a great ball because of the matching colors. What about you? Personally, I care to an extent, like I don't think Reshiram looks good in a great ball.

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Well, it depends on which pokemons, I dont like catching a lv.5 with a Ultra Ball, and I may do the colour match but only with legendaries

BLABO

♧ yoo ♧
well... for like special pokemon (ones i will actually use) i like to use cool pokeballs (kurts balls, luxury ball, premier ball, etc.) but other than that i dont really give the s*** XD

TehLulzMastur

No, but that does sound like a good idea. If I decide to do this in the eventual third version of Black and White, Kyurem will be caught in a Timer Ball, Zekrom will be caught in a Luxury Ball, and Reshiram will be caught in a Premier Ball. Sounds good to me.

jamaela18

All-Round Breeder
I like to catch every pokemon that will stay in my team with Premier balls(except starter) and legends with luxury balls. Ultra balls, dusk balls, quick balls and timer balls for every other pokemon.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
I always catch the ones in my final party in a Pokeball, 'cause it's my favorite. Other than that, I catch the rest in Quick Balls... if possible....

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I don't like catching common Pokemon with high level pokeballs, and it would be better if I caught legendaries or strong Pokemon with low level pokeballs.

Nana

I'm a perfectionist and am very particular with the balls I use. I like catching everything normal in regular Poké Balls, shinies in Premier Balls, and the mascot of the game in the Master Ball. Also, for Pokémon whose evolved forms do not exist in the wild, I will use a Poké Ball to catch the first one and evolve it then use a Repeat Ball to catch a second Pokémon of the species.

Example:
Geodude: Capture in Poké Ball (captured first, probably)
Graveler: Capture in Repeat Ball (captured third)
Golem: Capture in Poké Ball and evolve it to Golem (captured second)

Zachmac

I do if it's easy enough.
Victini in a repeat ball? Too hard, I'll just use an ultra.
DW vaporeon in a dive ball? Easy catch, it doesn't resist the capture. I'll only use a dive ball on that.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Heal ball with a shiny pokemon looks double shiny.