• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you catch and train your pokemon yourself or do you use action replay?

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I personally can't stand using AR-created pokemon. I used it once to get the "All pokemon are shiny" hack as an experiment, but I released it on the same hour.

I prefer that they come legitimate from their original owner. If I cannot name them and do anyway with my AR, they are solely used to test movesets & compatibility with what I have in mind for them.

Training however is a different story. I merely hack most of the items--but use few of them...Save for wings & medicine.

Otherwise, beyond the hacking items, turning off the game, and then using them on my pokemon like normal, I never hack my pokemon, especially to battle with others.

Hacking items to me is one thing--hacking the pokemon is something totally different, and that is a line I simply refuse to cross with everything.

I will never battle someone with fake pokemon with fake stats. It's just unethical and immature to do so...If someone wants to face me in battle, I'm man enough to fight them with pokemon I know are real...

DexHolderBlue

Aspiring Arteest~
Catch and train them myself, obviously. The game would seem so boring if all of my 'mons were AR created. Part of the challenge (if you can call it a "challenge") of the game is to find, catch, and raise the pokemon yourself. I feel accomplished when I do that, and I feel more connected to them.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I breed and EV train all my Pokemon by myself.
I would be worried about screwing up my game if I had an AR. :O

ninetails012

teh wild card
blech! an AR? i havent used one of those in years! they just take away all the fun of the game. plus it gives people an unfair advatage in battles!

Desert Maverick

Journeyman
I have to do it myself. I have no real use for AR and frankly, it's far more fulfilling to do the legwork and 30-50 hours to get a beast.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
cleft dude! why you have so many threads here?

anyway, i do the harder way. i trained most pokemon till level 50. some i have to train beyond that though. the training is what makes the game interesting. if you cheat just to battle someone, you feel nothing of the effort you put in your pokemon.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
i catch and train all pokes myself, but my brother cheats all the time. i don't do any hacking/cheating myself, but sometimes he'll give me some of his hacked pokes. recently i got some lvl2's like charizard and salamence to EV train. still haven't started though.

Ces

I'll admit, I've dabbled in the black arts of AR when I was younger. I don't use it anymore though, however, I have been tempted. I catch and train all my pokemon myself, but I do RNG.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
I used the AR to get the whole pokedex in Pearl, and i thought, screw this, its not fun anymore. Anyway, I always train my Pokemon.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
Sure, it may give you Rare Candies, but thats not how you train.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I used to use the AR for pearl when I was younger, but I don't anymore. It ruins the fun. T_T Although, I must admit, at the time it was quite fun to walk through walls and walk on water....And watch how fast my pokemon would level up. lol

Sceprile

Reptiler
I never, ever use AR: all of my Pokémon are legit(and I'm a little proud of it).

Arceus94

I got a lvel 54 Gallade caught at Sendoff Spring from the GTS~ Seems legit xD

I Do It All My Self

qwerty1111

breeder/battler
i dont have a hacking device of any kind and i dont catch wild pokemon(unless for the dex)
i breed
where is the fun when you hack and make the games easy?