• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you clean your Badges?

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
Sometimes when I get bored..... Other than that, no.

Jinvaani

Whenever I switch my Diamond on I do :D I think the last time I cleaned them was August 2009-ish. They've probably eroded by now :D

Kays

Lati-twins <3
I would say rarely because it's not in my habit to go see my Trainer Card frequently. So no because of that. But when I do open it, I check my badges and clean them.

Zarthos

Breeding Fanatic
I cleaned my badges liek every hour lol whenever they wernt sparkling I would rub them for so long........

Yeah, not THAT often, but it is nice to rub one out a couple times a day. =3

Missingno
I used to, but now I am trying to see and maybe catch 493 pokemon or however many needed for the trainer card star, before hitting 493 hours, and I don't have wi-fi, so I can't waste any time.

SuperEpicRock

Yeah, I'm kind of OCD like that, whenever I get on, the first thing I need to do is clean them, and I mean the very first thing, even if the thing I got on to do is shorter than the actual process of cleaning the badges. It's one of the reasons I rarely play diamond anymore, too time-consuming.

bobtim

Pachirisu trainer
I NEVER cleaned them. I made my brother do the badge cleaning. But, I did all the importamt stuff like training and defeating Trainers.

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I do when I can be bothered, it doesn't do anything but at least your not leaving your DS :).

cupofchuck

Am I the only person who never knew you could do this?

Seriously, this is the first time I've ever heard that this is an option in the game. My pearl game has logged over 400 hours and I've never ever cleaned my badges because I had no idea it was possible.

I also had no idea, LOL

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
Yeah, I'm kind of OCD like that, whenever I get on, the first thing I need to do is clean them, and I mean the very first thing, even if the thing I got on to do is shorter than the actual process of cleaning the badges. It's one of the reasons I rarely play diamond anymore, too time-consuming.

xD

I clean them once in a while, thay look great when shiny. But i do like to play on them more, if you tap them in different orders :p

zerofield

i miss miror
I clean my badges whenever i open my badge case and/or remember that i can even clean my badges.

*goes off to clean badges*

Aquarelle

Staff member
I love cleaning them when I have nothing else to do.

But the best part is being able to play music!

iCakeify

Luxray Fanboy
Did'nt know you could clean them.